Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

With Itunes gone, what’s in for Windows users?

Hi there guys. Hope you are all doing well.
So with iTunes being cut out by Apple, when it’s officially gone, how are pc users going to sync, restore , or import files into their I-devices ?
I know on Catalina, we find the devices in Finder, even tho still limited ( you can’t see subfolders, just like on iTunes).
What about Windows pc users?

Comments

• edited September 2019

I guess other third party apps like iMazing etc will have to do, in fact they are already better than iTunes. Old versions of itunes should still work for a long while too, unless I'm mistaken?

• For now iTunes on windows continues as is

• Here's the thing, I never sync my whole ipad, I think it's a waste of time. I'd rather have complete control over every file and folder just like a normal computer. I back up folders and files that I want to save fairly regularly and keep it under my control, not Apples. I also use icloud as a backup for some things which are low space.

Having more access to files and folders is where it's heading so we don't need annoying syncing apps like iTunes anymore. :)

• Hi there guys thanks for the reply.
    I ask this because of Music Apps of which we can’t see the folders in Files app and need iTunes to share files.

• @Paa89 said:
    Hi there guys thanks for the reply.
    I ask this because of Music Apps of which we can’t see the folders in Files app and need iTunes to share files.

Yeah for those we need to get updates from the developers to give full access, but itunes and iMazing etc still works for now.

• @Paa89 said:

I'd say in that case bug the developers to add at least basic Files.app support with the 'one liner' :)

I mean we've had Files.app since iOS11 and now two years later we still have some lazy ass mofo-devs who still lagging behind implementing basic iOS features... (And even worse, The Document Picker and Share Sheet have been with us even longer and even they are missing from many apps, like WTF Seriously!).

• @Carnbot said:

@Paa89 said:

Yeah for those we need to get updates from the developers to give full access, but itunes and iMazing etc still works for now.

Hi there thanks for the reply.lets hope they don’t kill it on Windows too

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

I'd say in that case bug the developers to add at least basic Files.app support with the 'one liner' :)

I mean we've had Files.app since iOS11 and now two years later we still have some lazy ass mofo-devs who still lagging behind implementing basic iOS features... (And even worse, The Document Picker and Share Sheet have been with us even longer and even they are missing from many apps, like WTF Seriously!).

😂😂 what I find strange is that some developers are able to implement it and others say it’s a mess.
    Apps like Cubasis, Betamaker and Stagelight have it and the apps seems to work great.
    Even apps that are non music related like izip etc have it implemented and work great.
    We are trying to go mobile but we still need a computer for basic file transfer.
    I hope they do find a way because on IPadOs Safari is amazing, just tap download and go into Files app, Downloads, select the downloaded audio files or even the folder and move it into your favourite music apps Folder.
    I really like the Drum Machine 4pockets are about to release, but I feel I might get Elliott Garages App instead because you can drag and drop from Files app in both AUv3 and stand alone mode (don’t know if it has the Folder option enabled) and with 4pockets apps from experience, there is no Folder and I only heard him say iTunes import in the promotion video.

• @Paa89 said:
    there is no Folder and I only heard him say iTunes import in the promotion video.

I'm pretty sure there will be a folder in Files.app as the same folder that can be seen in iTunes can also be shown in the Files.app with the 'one liner'. If not it's time to bug Paul :D

What I do NOT like are apps defaulting to using iCloud for storage without even asking the user and some apps do not even have an option in the settings to change the default location...

• @Samu said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a folder in Files.app as the same folder that can be seen in iTunes can also be shown in the Files.app with the 'one liner'. If not it's time to bug

In Chameleons case for example, you can transfer files from iTunes but no folder in files app.

What I do NOT like are apps defaulting to using iCloud for storage without even asking the user and some apps do not even have an option in the settings to change the default location...

Definitely a no for me too.I will repeat this over here too.
    AudioLayer fantastic app.
    I have lots of preset I created while I was on iCloud option, when you turn that off, you have no preset and the only way to get them is to turn iCloud back on, save them one by one and relaunch each preset so AudioLayer can see them.
    a very tedious process because for each preset, if you tap on share, the app crashes.
    now imagine having to do that 100 times😭😭 .
    They should also remember we don’t always have data or WiFi at hand and that some of the presets could be very large in size.

• Hi there already seen it I was part of the convo and see your comments about your sampler being halted because of the files issue.
    I think there should be a way around it because apps like Cubasis, BeatMaker,Noir, Auria and Stagelight work with out issue while using samples at least from my point of view.correct me if I’m wrong

• @Paa89 said:

@Samu said:

I'm pretty sure there will be a folder in Files.app as the same folder that can be seen in iTunes can also be shown in the Files.app with the 'one liner'. If not it's time to bug

In Chameleons case for example, you can transfer files from iTunes but no folder in files app.

True, but on the other hand you can import files from anywhere using the Files.app interface so it kinda evens out :)

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

@Samu said:

True, but on the other hand you can import files from anywhere using the Files.app interface so it kinda evens out :)

That’s another issue. No way to preview the sample.the whole thing is a mess 😂😂.
    I copied all my samples into Cubasis (you know how the file management works in there ) So I could preview samples and then choose the one I like tap share and import into AudioLayer AUv3, the downside to this is that if you are using the built in speakers, you are ok. but if you are using headphones, if you forget to lower the iPads volume before you preview a sample, your ears suffer the consequence.
    There’s is no win on IOS 😂😂🤣