Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

DigiStix by 4Pockets - LIVE!!!!

Comments

• edited September 2019

Yup, so far I haven’t been able to import samples into the AUv3.

Edit: samples imported into the standalone show up in the AUv3, so that’s good. No direct import via Files app, AudioShare etc. unless I’m being an idiot, which I usually am.

Le sigh. 🤪

• Oh cool, just realized you can use it in the fx slot too to grab samples

• No 4x4 16 pad layout on this?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

Edit: samples imported into the standalone show up in the AUv3, so that’s good. No direct import via Files app, AudioShare etc. unless I’m being an idiot, which I usually am.

Le sigh. 🤪

That is a limitation of Chameleon which one of the reasons I don't use and also lack of pitch detection for samples. Might still get this.

• @auxmux said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

Le sigh. 🤪

That is a limitation of Chameleon which one of the reasons I don't use and also lack of pitch detection for samples. Might still get this.

In 20 years we will tell incredulous youngins about these times, the way we hear about mythical objects called Mirage, 0.5 seconds of sample time and shoe boxes full of floppies.

Of course they will smile indulgently and blame it on the Alzheimer.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

In 20 years we will tell incredulous youngins about these times, the way we hear about mythical objects called Mirage, 0.5 seconds of sample time and shoe boxes full of floppies.

This much is true. It is magical nonetheless what we can do today.

• @auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

I learned how to do tape slices, loops and what have you. Magic doesn’t even begin to describe it.

• edited September 2019

@JackDwyerburger said:
    Oh cool, just realized you can use it in the fx slot too to grab samples

If you load it in an AUM fx slot, will it pass thru the audio of the instrument App you are sampling, so you can hear it on headphones while you are sampling?

I haven't been able to get audio to pass thru Chameleon using it in an fx slot in AUM.
    I end up outputting the instrument App to a "Bus A", and then running one "Bus A" to Chameleon, and another "Bus A" to the headphones.

• @horsetrainer said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

If you load it in an AUM fx slot, will it pass thru the audio of the instrument App you are sampling, so you can hear it on headphones while you are sampling?

I haven't been able to get audio to pass thru Chameleon using it in an fx slot in AUM.
    I end up outputting the instrument App to a "Bus A", and then running one "Bus A" to Chameleon, and another "Bus A" to the headphones.

Are you just trying to straight up monitor it while recording? There’s a monitor input button in the record window so I can hear the audio as it’s playing and then I just record when I’m ready. I don’t have chameleon so I’m not sure if it’s the same process

• @JackDwyerburger said:

@horsetrainer said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Are you just trying to straight up monitor it while recording? There’s a monitor input button in the record window so I can hear the audio as it’s playing and then I just record when I’m ready. I don’t have chameleon so I’m not sure if it’s the same process

Wow. Cool. Thanks for you help with that!
    Maybe there is also monitor button in chameleon, and I missed seeing it?
    I'll take a look.

This app is beginning to look like I want it. :)

• edited September 2019

@horsetrainer said:

@JackDwyerburger said:

Yes, you can enable monitor and then you’ll be able to hear the audio.

Edit: while playing obviously.

• @horsetrainer said:

Wow. Cool. Thanks for you help with that!
    Maybe there is also monitor button in chameleon, and I missed seeing it?
    I'll take a look.

This app is beginning to look like I want it. :)

No problem! Yeah it’s pretty decent especially being AU but I imagine something better will come along. I grabbed it since the price is decent and I needed something like that. You can’t seem to load samples from AU and I’ve had a couple crashes when switching presets but I’m happy with it so far. The developer is quick to squash bugs

• @gregsmith said:

I have recently found my Ensoniq but can’t find the shoebox full of floppies :-(

True story.

• How are the presets? Chameleon is worth its asking price for the preset banks alone.

• edited September 2019

Here’s a 4x4 16 Pad Drum Map I made for Xequence 2. ( @ipadbeatmaking )
    It’s labeled for the ‘Acoustic Close Kit’ .. some of the pads will need to be renamed to reflect the kit you choose in DigiStix.
    https://dropbox.com/s/0kpufczbfq09fd5/DigiStix.xeqdrums?dl=0

• I’m definitely broke.

Bought also this one😂😂😂

And I have Pulse on his way on 20th of September.

• @auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

Then we tell them the glorious rise of the Commadore Amiga A500... At that point we would be on medication, & have a nice warm straight jacket, with a nice sound proof padded cell, with an en suite toilet & shower, over looking the beautiful scenery of Broadmoor.. 😂😂😂

• @studs1966 said:

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

Then we tell them the glorious rise of the Commadore Amiga A500... At that point we would be on medication, & have a nice warm straight jacket, with a nice sound proof padded cell, with an en suite toilet & shower, over looking the beautiful scenery of Broadmoor.. 😂😂😂

You misspelled Atari.

• Haaze 2 for AU natural positioning presets left right is handy for multiple AU,s!

• edited September 2019

@studs1966 said:

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

You misspelled Atari.

My first sequencer was Mastertracks Pro on a Commodore 64. You had to load the program in modules ie: load the Record module to record MIDI from an external keyboard, unload that module and load the Edit module to edit the recorded MIDI etc.

I also had a Mirage. It was awesome!

I also got DigiStix. The included kits are very good and there’s a decent amount of them. I’m using it in NS2 with no major issues. Creating kits and sampling is best done in the standalone mode it seems. I’m OK with that. Timestretch seems to work OK but I haven’t done much with it yet.

• @anickt said:

@studs1966 said:

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

@auxmux said:

@auxmux said:

Le sigh. 🤪

You misspelled Atari.

My first sequencer was Mastertracks Pro on a Commodore 64. You had to load the program in modules ie: load the Record module to record MIDI from an external keyboard, unload that module and load the Edit module to edit the recorded MIDI etc.

I also had a Mirage. It was awesome!

I also got DigiStix. The included kits are very good and there’s a decent amount of them. I’m using it in NS2 with no major issues. Creating kits and sampling is best done in the standalone mode it seems. I’m OK with that. Timestretch seems to work OK but I haven’t done much with it yet.

Can you export and transfer patches between devices do you know?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    No 4x4 16 pad layout on this?

No, but this is the kind of developer who would add it if a clear case was made for it. He’s much more “can do” than many of the devs I’ve interacted with

• I just spoke to the developer.
    drag and drop function is on wait for Apple to approve.
    So we could use that also to import samples in AUv3 from files app.
    And also there might be a pitch automation added,this I don’t know when but he’s pretty fast in implementing

• @Paa89 said:
    I just spoke to the developer.
    And also there might be a pitch automation added,this I don’t know when but he’s pretty fast in implementing

A chromatic option per pad could also be pretty neat?!
    (Ie. one midi-channel per pad).

• @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

I was thinking that - it’s very close to an iOS version of Maschine, this one.

• @Paa89 said:

Spontaneously combusts 🥳

• does drag n drop work on iphone too?> @Samu said:

@Paa89 said:

• Bought it. Nice and tidy like all Paul’s apps. This will probably become my go to instead of beathawk I think, as long as it’s relatively easy to transfer kits between devices.

• edited September 2019

@Paa89 said:

Why does the forum sometimes keep the reply in the edit field after posting?!
    (Sorry Double Reply).

• edited September 2019

Maybe a bug found. In Cubasis2 when trying to change the sound of a pad, as soon as I tap “Replace” DigiStix crashes hard and you have to kill Cubasis to recover. Mind you, this is while it’s playing.

Just tried in AUM and crashed as well