Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis help with audiobus

Hi guys
Very new to this as only got my ipad air for Xmas but have made music on the laptop previously.I am so impressed with the quality and ease of use in making music on this ios platform and I have bought quite a few apps on recommendations of you guys.The problem I have is I am wanting to record two tracks using audiobus in cubasis with the same synth(sunrizer which I think is stunning) on both tracks but playing different sounds.is this possible as I am having problems figuring out how to do it?Have taken the plunge and bought Korg Gadget which I think is amazing and just sparks the creativity out of me when ever I fire it up
Thanks guys
Chris

Comments

• Anyone got any thoughts on this?
    Thanks
    Chris

• Chri5hill,I'd like to help but am not sure what you mean and strange as it may seem...I ain't got sunrizer..

Someone give the man some help....

• Are you talking about two audio or midi tracks....played at the same time or played at different times?

• Ok so try this: open Audiobus and open Cubasis as the output and Sunrizer as the input. Open a new project and it should show Sunrizer in the track ready to go. (As an audio track) go to Sunrizer and in the Audiobus strip on the side of Sunrizer you'll see Cubasis. Touch the Cubasis picture and you see play and record buttons. Hit record and play a part on Sunrizer, then hit pause for Cubasis on the Audiobus strip. Go back into Cubasis and you'll see you new track (rewind to see the beginning). Next push the little +Audio button right below your recorded track. That will set up a new audio track for whatever is connected, which is already Sunrizer. Go back to Sunrizer, hit record again, play your next part, and hit pause. Go back into Cubasis and now you have 2 Sunrizer tracks! Let me know if that did the trick for you.

• Are you using MIDI to play Sunrizer?

• Hi noise horse
    Have tried that but all the second audio track picks up is the iPad mic.there isn't an option to select audiobus on the routing tab on the left
    Chris

• Hi guys
    Have done it now and found the audiobus routing selection!fantastic
    Cheers guys
    Chris

• Whew! Enjoy and welcome to stage one of Appaholism. Most of us started with Sunrizer, and a year later we all have about 200 apps of various types on our poor little IPads. It is a permanent condition, so get ready....

• Well noisehorse i have quite a few already believe it or not and it's just been a couple of months of me having an ipad.bought a few from recommendations on this forum and watching Doug on soundtestroom on YouTube so have got the bug already .have got Thor,animoog,ipolysix,ims-20,Magellan,loopy hd,sunrizer,dm1,sample tank,alchemy,caustic,nave,arturia isem,sound font pro,guitarism,turnado,auria and cubasis.my latest purchase being gadget which is great fun so have got quite a selection already(too many if I'm honest but couldn't stop purchasing them)
    Cheers
    Chris

• edited February 2014

Another funny game that works with Sunrizer, and other synths that aren't universal - Magellan comes to mind too - buy Sunrizer xs (the iPhone version) and download onto your iPad, this will allow u 2 iterations of (nearly) the same synth, in Cubasis or another DAW