Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What apps can be good as grid based controllers?

As (basically former, but doesn't matter) guitarist i never liked keyboard-like layouts. I liked grids, something like Novation Launchpad. And while i enjoy jamming on Animoog keys just fine, i wonder what are nice options for pads/grids to control and play?

While i'm all for discussion, this is also kind of request of advice, so i need to say that i'm on ios 10.2, so i can't get anything that requires more fresh os. Also i don't feel like i'll stomach something like Lemur, so such app would be an overkill.. Though, doesn't matter if it's synth or just a pure controller.

Also, no Tenori-On for me, because it's not in my app region ><

Anyway, just to mention what i used...

GeoSynth - cool, but a bit weird if you don't want to "shred", i'd say. I still haven't bought successor to this app, yet...

TF7 - i like pretty much it's layout, but it's also kind of limited; as you can't align volume change for each notes' expressions gesture... also NO midi out, so i can't use it for others apps.

Orphion - amazing app with ability to make your own layouts and interesting approach to velocity control, but i can only use it on old ipad, while on my 2017s (i guess?) ipad pro it doesnt work as intended.

..to be edited.

Comments