Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Event Sept 10, 2019

Comments

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Samu said:
    Once the Appstore is up I'll check the specs of the 10.2" iPad, if it retains the 3.5mm jack and includes USB-C at $329 it will be hard to resist...

Good value

Yeah, the base model is 32gb so one needs to go up a notch.
    USB-C would have been nice though and stereo in landscape mode.

I’ll wait for iPadOS before I decide...
    Hope Apple bumps up the power output to the CCK dongles so they will at least work with basic usb memory sticks without complaining too much...

• https://www.apple.com/uk/ipad-10.2/specs/

Headphone socket, and Lightning port. Choice between 32 and 128gb is pants though, I always go for 64.

• Seriously the iphones these days look more and more like Frankenphones to me.Everyone (me) is praying to get rid of the camera bumps...now we have them on ipads as well and THREE of them on a phone.Okay,i get it.There is just not much room for creativity if you have to release new sstuff every year.But you still need to impress people.Somehow.

Seems more and more of there best designers leaving the sinking ship...oh,and don't let me start shitting on the ridiculous(ly long) model names😂

ok,i'll stop here now.Sorry.

• I don't see the appeal of this iPad.
    What does it offer compared to 6gen? For the price of 128g version you can almost buy air3.

• @Samu said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

@Samu said:
    Once the Appstore is up I'll check the specs of the 10.2" iPad, if it retains the 3.5mm jack and includes USB-C at $329 it will be hard to resist...

Good value

Yeah, the base model is 32gb so one needs to go up a notch.
    USB-C would have been nice though and stereo in landscape mode.

I’ll wait for iPadOS before I decide...
    Hope Apple bumps up the power output to the CCK dongles so they will at least work with basic usb memory sticks without complaining too much...

The Lightning port on most iOS devices are USB 2.0. Idk if you can change that via software

• @Samu said:
    No USB-C om the 10.2" so I guess I'll stick with my iPad Air 2 for a bit longer :)

If wikipedia is right on this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple-designed_processors#Apple_T2 you will not get better memory access when you should go to this new iPad. Guess the iPad Mini 5 will be the cheapest better performing iPad for memory access (not that much better by the way).

Think it will be interesting to see the performance of the A13x for the upcoming iPad Pro's.

• Not sure if the 10.2 is thinner than last year's 9.7 which I already have. Same processor, probably same 2gb of ram. So, I'm good and I still make most of stuff on 2016 9.7 Pro. Rocky Steady, 🤘

• edited September 2019

A10 Fusion is a nice chip for music production. Do you think 10.2 will have issues with some apps graphics vs 9.7 2018 version?

• " by innovation only" they told us...

only thing I see here is incremental upgrades, nothing extremely innovative. I'm not really complaining, just a bit surprised.

Also why do they keep making the iPhone thicker??? I liked the thin/ light trend before the X

• @auxmux said:
    Not sure if the 10.2 is thinner than last year's 9.7 which I already have. Same processor, probably same 2gb of ram. So, I'm good and I still make most of stuff on 2016 9.7 Pro. Rocky Steady, 🤘

yeah I think you are good. The new 10.2" is not thinner! same 7.5mm thickness as 2018 9.7" but same footprint of the 10.5 pro... with larger bezels. Very confusing design, I guess it is marketed toward those who haven't had an iPad upgrade in a very long time

• @oceansinspace said:
    Cyber: slow mo selfie- I just hope they put the headphone jacks back on. 2 of em one for my head and 1 for aux out to soundboard. Man if 2 headphone jack with 1 as mic or aux in= I would die! cheers

+1

• @Crabman said:
    Seriously the iphones these days look more and more like Frankenphones to me.Everyone (me) is praying to get rid of the camera bumps...now we have them on ipads as well and THREE of them on a phone.Okay,i get it.There is just not much room for creativity if you have to release new sstuff every year.But you still need to impress people.Somehow.

Seems more and more of there best designers leaving the sinking ship...oh,and don't let me start shitting on the ridiculous(ly long) model names😂

ok,i'll stop here now.Sorry.

Bumps are ok and they don't get in our way. They actually look cool too. I wish they added a bump to include the headphone jack in the new iPads or invented a new version of headphone jack with shorter plug due to thinner bezels.

The notch that android folks made fun of initially - the ridiculous thing now is - even competitors are adding a fake notch to look COOL like iPhone - even though there is no dot camera in their notches and there is no need for the notch.

Copycats made fun of no headphone jack but now they are removing it too.

USB-C is flimsy and delicate compared to headphone jack.

• They never care to mention about RAM or if it has widescreen aspect ratio. People have to find out later on these specs. No one knew 11" was widescreen until much later - after they were shipped. Not sure if 10.2" is widescreen.

• edited September 2019

With the new iPadOS and a separate iOS, they should now be able to optimize them to tweak and squeeze even more performance by cutting out irrelevant fat from each of those systems and make them more robust. iOS does not need tablet-specific functionality and iPadOS does not need phone-specific functionality and both functionalities existed and undermined in iOS for years that would have added to some performance issues. The devices should become faster and more performant in newer iPadOS and iOS.

• edited September 2019

@Hmtx said:
    " by innovation only" they told us...

Also why do they keep making the iPhone thicker??? I liked the thin/ light trend before the X

The new phones are made from surgical-grade steel. Most people would prefer thicker phones to get an extra 5 hours battery over thinner ones.

Apple is now - SHOWING OFF!!

• @Hmtx said:

Still not thick enough apparently.. they still have that stupid camera bump. If they were thicker they could eliminate the bump and add a bigger battery.

• @drez said:
    All I want and have been pining for is a simple 4x4 Drum Pad Bluetooth Midi controller. How in the world has akai not made their MPD 218 Bluetooth?? That paired with my phone for finger drum fun would be so great.

LPD8?

• I didn't even know there was an apple event today until a little while ago. That being said, my 6s is fine and is paid for. My 2018 ipad works great. My 2012 mbp works great (about to install a 1tb ssd system drive to go with the 1tb ssd recording drive, then put the 500gb ssd I'm removing into the 2011 mac mini).

• @DaveMagoo said:

@drez said:
    All I want and have been pining for is a simple 4x4 Drum Pad Bluetooth Midi controller. How in the world has akai not made their MPD 218 Bluetooth?? That paired with my phone for finger drum fun would be so great.

LPD8?

Not 4x4.

Surely if they can make an LPD8 Bluetooth, they can make the MPD 218 Bluetooth. Frustrating.

• So what are the benefits of the new 7 iPad, over the 6? Faster? More RAM? I'm put off by the lack of a 64gb option, but I'm guessing that can be compensated by plugging in a USB stick?

• @MonzoPro said:
    So what are the benefits of the new 7 iPad, over the 6? Faster? More RAM? I'm put off by the lack of a 64gb option, but I'm guessing that can be compensated by plugging in a USB stick?

I think the only differences are the bigger screen and the Smart Connector for keyboards.

• @Tarekith said:
    Nah, f*ck Strava, I hate that KOM crap as I'm not at all competitive. I do use the Motion X GPS app to log my rides, but that's only for route finding and trying to figure out how to get home. I'm a big fan of Open Street Maps, and Motion X uses that as it's base layer.

What's your annual vertical gain?

• @richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:
    So what are the benefits of the new 7 iPad, over the 6? Faster? More RAM? I'm put off by the lack of a 64gb option, but I'm guessing that can be compensated by plugging in a USB stick?

I think the only differences are the bigger screen and the Smart Connector for keyboards.

Hmmm, ok cheers Richard. Still, probably a cost-effective update to my rapidly disintegrating Air 2.

• edited September 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hmmm, ok cheers Richard. Still, probably a cost-effective update to my rapidly disintegrating Air 2.

Have been weighing this up myself today too.....with a trade in on the Air 2 I could get the 128 GB Wifi Only version for £380...
    I'm still going to wait and see exactly what the USB file access is like before jumping in though, can save nearly £100 by going for the 32 GB model....and if External drives operate as though they are internal memory (my suspiscious mind tells me they won't, and that we would have to import/export from them)...then that might be a smarter move.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Have been weighing this up myself today too.....with a trade in on the Air 2 I could get the 128 GB Wifi Only version for £380...
    I'm still going to wait and see exactly what the USB file access is like before jumping in though, can save nearly £100 by going for the 32 GB model....and if External drives operate as though they are internal memory (my suspiscious mind tells me they won't, and that we would have to import/export from them)...then that might be a smarter move.

Yeah I’d probably go for the 32gb as well. Need to check how much space my apps take up, and strip it down a bit, otherwise a trade-in like you’re doing.

• @pauly said:

@Tarekith said:
    Nah, f*ck Strava, I hate that KOM crap as I'm not at all competitive. I do use the Motion X GPS app to log my rides, but that's only for route finding and trying to figure out how to get home. I'm a big fan of Open Street Maps, and Motion X uses that as it's base layer.

What's your annual vertical gain?

Not a clue!

• Shame they still went with lightening instead of usbc, but it is what it is. Really digging the look of that new midnight green though for some reason, I think that's the one for me.

• Looks like the new iPad Air is more powerful than my iPad pro 10.5 , only it caps out at 256. May have to grab one but that 12.9 pro is really calling my name, deff like the screen size!

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

I imagine your suspicious mind is correct and that most music apps wont be supporting direct usb drive access for a long time if ever.

• edited September 2019

@AudioGus said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

@richardyot said:

@MonzoPro said:

I imagine your suspicious mind is correct and that most music apps wont be supporting direct usb drive access for a long time if ever.

Wouldn't they just pick it up the same as the Apples Files folders? Obviously Apple will block installing apps onto an external drive, but most major music apps support the Files system, so it'd be weird if it didn't come up in the list, and they couldn't read or save to an external drive.