Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Was this thread started by a Russian bot? It seems designed to create misinformation and sow confusion. No one is understanding anyone else's post. I'm making an exit. Enjoy Thunderdome!

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Was this thread started by a Russian bot? It seems designed to create misinformation and sow confusion. No one is understanding anyone else's post. I'm making an exit. Enjoy Thunderdome!

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Was it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Was this thread started by a Russian bot?

Yes, I am a Russian bot.

I’m not sure who wrote the original letter. It was written before Russian bots were a thing.

• @e121 said:

@kobamoto said:
    Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll = good, Cool

Money, Sex, Drugs, and Rapmusic = bad, Uncool

Opioid Addiction = disease, sympathy, compassion, war on drug makers

Crack Addiction = Criminality, thug, War on drug users

Violence, anger, Grievance = Patriotism in the right neighborhood

Violence, anger, Grievance = Unpatriotic in the wrong Neighborhood

6% unemployment = I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!, 2nd amendment remedies, secession from the union lol

18% unemployment = pull yourself up by your bootstraps, Lazy, moocher

Corporate welfare = good

People welfare = bad

I’m not saying there’s a pattern, I’m just saying if there was a pattern someone would have pointed it out already.

Yeah I guess when you fabricate a non existent view point you can spin it any way you want. The truth is though things like sex, drugs, and rock and roll were not and are not considered good by all.

There's FAR more depth to reality than you're laying out here, but why explore that when you can just run with a bunch of false narratives that you think make you look smart?

First of all, I think there is evidence that my viewpoint does exist.

Secondly I didn't say anything was "considered good by all"... Maybe in that realm of more depth that you live in you could find a little bit of room for quoting someone truthfully.

Third, Be honest because I think this might be the crux of your issue here, seriously what makes you think that I care if I look smart to you e121, that is such a bizarre thing to say especially in the context of this thread that I just have to know?

and lastly... Look AT MY AVATAR WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!

• edited September 2019

@e121 said:

Or maybe you're saying I should just ignore rap music becoming the most popular genre recently, and go with his lies?

what does that even mean man, you're obviously threatened I get that but I'm guessing that is not all you're trying to convey with the only personal attack in this thread. Did a rapper steal your girlfriend or your boyfriend or what?....

here man, feel better.

• All of this "don't make it about color" and "we're all in this together" are honestly the most ignorant statements you can make. Period. You are not looking reality in the face... you just want to keep your comfortable existence.

It seems that one here believes this "letter" and it may be best to leave it at that. Anything else will bring us into closed thread territory as long as people want to talk about their feelings on the matter as opposed to facts.

• Hmm, rap goes back before Reagan (i.e. the 80s), before the TR-808, back to at least 1968 and the Last Poets. But these guys were revolutionaries, not gangstas.

Then there was Gil Scott-Heron in the 70s and 80s.

And let's not forget Public Enemy in the late 80s.

• I assumed everyone realized that the letter is not legit. Here is an article about it as an FYI for anyone inclined to think it might be legitimate:

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/michael-raine/gangstar-rap_b_1479824.html

(Btw, I wonder if it was inspired by The Report From Iron Mountain " )

• I ❤️ hip hop.

• @espiegel123 said:
    I assumed everyone realized that the letter is not legit. Here is an article about it as an FYI for anyone inclined to think it might be legitimate:

The Huff article is not proof that the letter is not legit. It is just the article's writer's opinion that it is not legit.

BTW... I don’t think the letter is legit either, but that s just my opinion.

• @Simon said:

@espiegel123 said:
    I assumed everyone realized that the letter is not legit. Here is an article about it as an FYI for anyone inclined to think it might be legitimate:

The Huff article is not proof that the letter is not legit. It is just the article's writer's opinion that it is not legit.

BTW... I don’t think the letter is legit either, but that s just my opinion.

True. It isn't hard proof -- but the reasoning is quite solid. In my opinion, there is nothing about the "letter" that has any semblance of verisimilitude. It doesn't even feel like it was intended to be a credible hoax. It comes across to me as something someone put together to have a good laugh as it exploded on social media.

• @e121 said:

The truth is though things like sex, drugs, and rock and roll were not and are not considered good by all.

Who not like sex and rock ‘n’ roll?

• edited September 2019

@Deskscape said:
    Hmm, rap goes back before Reagan (i.e. the 80s), before the TR-808, back to at least 1968 and the Last Poets. But these guys were revolutionaries, not gangstas.

Or the aforementioned KRS-One after La Rock’s death. He’s been pretty anti-violence for most of his career. The name is an abbreviation of ”Knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everyone” by the way.

• @UnoWoo said:

@e121 said:

The truth is though things like sex, drugs, and rock and roll were not and are not considered good by all.

Pence?

• @Stiksi said:

@Deskscape said:
    Hmm, rap goes back before Reagan (i.e. the 80s), before the TR-808, back to at least 1968 and the Last Poets. But these guys were revolutionaries, not gangstas.

Or the aforementioned KRS-One after La Rock’s death. He’s been pretty anti-violence for most of his career. The name is an abbreviation of ”Knowledge reigns supreme over nearly everyone” by the way.

That is what I thought, too.
    First BDP song I heard was about stopping the violence in Hip-hop. That was from the same time as Eazy Does It, so probably before NWA ushered in the Gangsta Rap era.

Oh man. Went back and listened to that jam again. So classic.

• @CracklePot said:

@UnoWoo said:

@e121 said:

Pence?

@CracklePot

😂 Very true and the rest of his crew.

• edited September 2019

KRS also did a 'We are the World' type track to protest against violence in hiphop and the black community:
    It featured a lot of the big rap artists of that time: MC Lyte, Just-Ice, Stetsasonic, PE etc.

• @DCJ said:
    All of this "don't make it about color" and "we're all in this together" are honestly the most ignorant statements you can make. Period. You are not looking reality in the face... you just want to keep your comfortable existence.

You're not going to win too many people over to your position by insulting them. I personally reject statements that exclude people from expressing an opinion based on their color. I will not accede to racist restrictions like that.

It seems that one here believes this "letter" and it may be best to leave it at that.

Yeah, it's obviously conspiratorial nonsense fiction. We're agreed on that point.

• I saw ‘Gangs of New York’ as well.
    :D

Really? What happened? I fell asleep in the middle.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr it is clear that you have zero understating of what racism is, who it affects, and how it affects them. If you think calling out ignorant statements is insulting a person then I don’t know how you expect anyone in the world to battle ignorance. Geniuses can be ignorant. Does one ignorant statement represent the whole of the person? Maybe that’s how you feel, but again... that’s how you feel.

The facts of color and racism and experience are documented by history. Not by feelings. You can personally object to anything or not accede to whatever, but you cannot dispute the history that has brought us to this moment. In fact, I’ve never even seen you try. If you actually want to debate me on why color does matter, be my guest. You will lose.

I know some people on here whose opinion I care about may see this as pompous, chest beating, or condescending. I want to make it clear that this is not about me. I just have no wiggle room or tolerance for statements and ideas that have continually put lives at risk for centuries.

There is no such thing as color blindness.

If you don’t want to talk about it here, DM me.

• @Pauly, the union navy blew everyone to bits. (In a nutshell).

• @DCJ said:
    @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr it is clear that you have zero understating of what racism is, who it affects, and how it affects them. If you think calling out ignorant statements is insulting a person then I don’t know how you expect anyone in the world to battle ignorance. Geniuses can be ignorant. Does one ignorant statement represent the whole of the person? Maybe that’s how you feel, but again... that’s how you feel.

The facts of color and racism and experience are documented by history. Not by feelings. You can personally object to anything or not accede to whatever, but you cannot dispute the history that has brought us to this moment. In fact, I’ve never even seen you try. If you actually want to debate me on why color does matter, be my guest. You will lose.

I know some people on here whose opinion I care about may see this as pompous, chest beating, or condescending. I want to make it clear that this is not about me. I just have no wiggle room or tolerance for statements and ideas that have continually put lives at risk for centuries.

There is no such thing as color blindness.

If you don’t want to talk about it here, DM me.

I honestly have no idea what set you off. And as I noted above, you're not going to convince anyone of anything by insulting them.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr : Maybe, I am mis-reading @DCJ, but I think his/her point is not that people of different races/backgrounds/cultures can't have their own opinions. I think his/her point is that one needs to recognize that race/culture can't be ignored. Most people are pretty ignorant of the history of African-Americans and what life is like for them and how attitudes about them are driven by a lot of ignorance.

While in an ideal world, race shouldn't matter--the reality in this world is that it does and too many people would like to pretend that it doesn't.

Maybe, I am wrong about what he/she meant, but I think that it is something along those lines.

• I personally reject statements that exclude people from expressing an opinion based on their color. I will not accede to racist restrictions like that.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr Wise man.

• @espiegel123 seems to have a sense of history.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr don’t be silly. Nothing you could do or say could set me off. It sounds like you were too stunned to respond appropriately. If you are as wise and Unowoo thinks you are, address the argument head on. Or continue to make oblique remarks. We both know you don’t have any real answers.

• edited September 2019

Being of mixed race heritage in a country increasingly
    returning to being racist I can see DCJ's point.

Despite everything, knowledge, experience, wisdom,
    understanding, care, nurture, love for the world?
    When you're black or have a drop of black in your blood you are always black.

It is the same across the world.
    It is sad to see it's return but there it is.

African Americans have borne the brunt of this and have expressed this
    through jazz, blues, RnB, Hip-hop and so many other genres of music.
    Their very culture is based upon it.

We could be at the cutting edge of technology but
    there hasn't been those accolades or honours degrees
    (and I do say we as we share the same ancestry) until now.
    We haven't been recognised for it because of the hue of our skin until now.

Make no mistake I try to be as balanced throughout life when
    it comes to skin colour but I will give you an example,
    when my former best friend who happens to be white says ,
    'if it was anyone else I would don a KKK hood and get medieval on your arse',
    to my face then yep in the real world skin colour matters.

So in light of that let's keep it clean.

We need to discuss it but not in the context of anger.

DCJ and Wrlds2ndBestGeoshredr share a love of music as do we all.

Let's continue in that vein.

• @Gravitas Well put. Thank you for offering your perspective.

• Life imitates art, art imitates life...rinse and repete’

• Amazing maturity in this place.

• Come on guys, enough bickering - let's get back to a sensible place:

• As Dobie says, "the original's still the greatest"...