Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation

Comments

• If I were a Jewboy rapper rapping about holocaust deniers being capped and you, a nonJew, chimed in about it being too violent, or even “right on.

Violence recognise no colour or religion.

• Same could be said about some of the crappy sh*t EDM that is being 'produced' :)
    It's side-chain abuse, no-dynamics bordering to white/brown/pink-noise...

And if there's dynamics the 'low' levels are so low the volume needs to be turned up and when it changes it blows the speakers. It's not music it's just lame...

• @DCJ said:
    But color has been a historically defined line when it comes to what one experiences in the US.

Uno take point. :) But US not whole world. All peoples experience good and bad. Allowing colour or religion or race to define life, part of trap.

• It’s all about the bass. Literally. Extreme bass frequencies do bad things to one’s state of mind. Wish I could remember where I read about that

• When we use the colour of our skin to form
    arguments then we are continuing the argument
    that we are trying to stop or resolve.

Unowoo's statement is the statement of all statements.

'Violence recognise no colour or religion.'

This is equally true now and throughout history until this point.

In this thread I do not see the colour of your skin.
    I see the colour of your minds.

I see us united here with music in our hearts and a quest
    for something else using the technology at our fingertips.

I see some mighty fine minds.

Peace.

• edited September 2019

@UnoWoo : a great deal of rap grows out of a particular social, political, economic, historical context that makes it difficult for people far removed from that context (and a few miles away in a predominately white neighborhood is far removed, fwiw) to fully appreciate and understand.

Rap is often demonized or critiqued by mainstream folks in ways that white music isn't.

Many people are only familiar with the rap music that is most dissonant with mainstream sensibilities and is interpreted out of its context.

Much (but not all) rap intentionally confronts mainstream attitudes and ignorance about a history and culture and race relations most non-African Americans don't understand or are afraid to come to terms with.

Much rap is protest music and sometimes makes people uncomfortable if they are part of the context being protested.

• edited September 2019

Sex, Drugs, and Rock & Roll = good, Cool

Money, Sex, Drugs, and Rapmusic = bad, Uncool

Opioid Addiction = disease, sympathy, compassion, war on drug makers

Crack Addiction = Criminality, thug, War on drug users

Violence, anger, Grievance = Patriotism in the right neighborhood

Violence, anger, Grievance = Unpatriotic in the wrong Neighborhood

6% unemployment = I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!, 2nd amendment remedies, secession from the union lol

18% unemployment = pull yourself up by your bootstraps, Lazy, moocher

Corporate welfare = good

People welfare = bad

I’m not saying there’s a pattern, I’m just saying if there was a pattern someone would have pointed it out already.

• Realistically speaking, the most important things in my opinion to remember when discussing this subject matter is that most rappers are not gangsters, most gangsters are not rappers, rappers did not invent gangsterism, gangsters did not invent rap, and that rap is for everybody in spite of narratives contrary to that fact. Anything else would probably be delusional because it wouldn't adhere to the fundamentals of mathematics.

• @kobamoto said:
    Realistically speaking, the most important things in my opinion to remember when discussing this subject matter is that most rappers are not gangsters, most gangsters are not rappers, rappers did not invent gangsterism, gangsters did not invent rap, and that rap is for everybody in spite of narratives contrary to that fact. Anything else would probably be delusional because it wouldn't adhere to the fundamentals of mathematics.

True words including the stats you mentioned before.

• If you can identify with the artist, you are probably willing to allow them some liberty in their lyrics.

White college kids knew the Beastie Boys were in character when they rapped, "The sherrif's after me for what I did to his daughter; I did it like this, I did it like that, I did it with a Wiffelball bat."* Now, it was a different world in 1986, but that's straight-up rape. But it was assumed the lyrics were an exaggeration, a fantasy. It was vulgar but not a crime.

Someone who is fearful of a so-called gangsta rapper might be unable to extend that benefit of the doubt to violent hip-hop lyrics. He might take the violent threats as autobiographical fact. KRS-One is a murderer! He says so in his music!

(Also, quoting hip-hop lyrics out of context is an exercise that reveals nothing expect that the person who is quoting them in outrage has not tried to understand them at all.)

*_The Beasties have unequivocally apologized for their early lyrics; not everybody has forgiven them._

• edited September 2019

@ExAsperis99, unfortunately, I think there was a rape involving a wiffle bat and a mentally disabled girl... nothing is just fantasy anymore.

@UnoWoo, look, it is my opinion, that’s all. Violence may not know a color barrier, but proclamations about what’s what.... that is an entirely different story.

• Hip hop is the only genre that I can say just about all my favourite artists are dead, murdered at a young age.

Yeah they are not all gangsters but the amount of unsolved murders in hip hop is pretty crazy.

I love classic rap music but as I get older I have been slowly going off it. A lot of ignorance in the lyrics and just same old themes. A lot of blantant racism. Pimping, violence. Videos are the all the same.
    I dunno man maybe I just got burnt out on it.
    Like I get it bro, your the baddest, you get the most girls, oh you smoke the most weed too, oh you got the fly car now haha.
    I guess other genres can be the same with the recurrent themes and cookie cutter videos

There’s a lot of positive stuff out there too but for me rap always has to have a big of a hard edge sort of like metal music.

Guru from Gangstarr was always dope for bringing knowledge but keeping it Street as well.

Rap music today just seems ridiculous to me and I can’t really understand it. (The mainstream trap auto tune weird singing stufff) lol. It’s a marketing departments dream tho.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Disagree @UnoWoo. The political and social implications are too deep. It is not about the genre, it is about the lyrical thrust. I’m a Jew... if you told me you thought Klezmer has too much clarinet, no problem. If I were a Jewboy rapper rapping about holocaust deniers being capped and you, a nonJew, chimed in about it being too violent, or even “right on. Shut those mfkrs up!” ... well, it’s problematic, right? Everybody has a right to fight their own fight, IMO. They don’t need me jumpin on or off their cultural bandwagon.

Naw, everyone has the right--and the responsibility--to chime in. We're all in this world together. Let's not reify those ridiculous racial-ethnic boundaries.

• @LinearLineman

After having worked in the music industry there is much truth in what you say.

I walked away from the industry because I learnt that it was more than rumours.
    I also actually spoke with people who were trying to bring certain people to justice.
    This wasn't only in hip-hop by the way, it was in the more pop centric parts
    of the industry back in the earlier 2000's
    These things I shall not discuss in detail here because they are dangerous people.
    Still needless to say when I hear lyrical content such as the Beastie Boys
    quote it reinforces my decision.

In hip-hop I have had guns pulled on me and in my last experience
    the rapper pulled out a knife.
    It wasn't because they were rappers, it was because they were unhinged
    putting it politely.
    I have worked with rappers who are positive and do much for their people
    and communities who are gaining in recognition.

Part of the reason why I am in favour of platforms such as the iOS platforms
    is because it puts the power back into the hands of the artist and not into
    the hands of these individuals.

Instead of being coerced into a corner because someone
    is power tripping they have the right tools to be able to
    do things differently.

Even to this day I have artists under my wing who have experienced
    some heinous shite and they have come to me for advice and sanctuary.

I give my advice freely whenever needed and
    have been doing this for almost twenty years.

This is by the way is irrespective of skin colour, race or creed.

These artists got hurt.

So yes I agree with Unowoo's ,'Violence recognises no colour or religion'
    because one of those bosses used to enjoy putting knives to the sound engineers necks
    to create fear and when you have to pick up a singer who is so scared that he bursts into tears in the vocal booth? Yep violence doesn't see colour it only craves violence.

Which isn't to say you're wrong, it's to say we are all so right that
    here we are trying to make sense of what we are doing for the future.

Peace.

• edited September 2019

While there is a lot of rap that is as you describe, there is also a lot of rap that isn't like that at all.

@ruggedsmooth said:
    Hip hop is the only genre that I can say just about all my favourite artists are dead, murdered at a young age.

Yeah they are not all gangsters but the amount of unsolved murders in hip hop is pretty crazy.

I love classic rap music but as I get older I have been slowly going off it. A lot of ignorance in the lyrics and just same old themes. A lot of blantant racism. Pimping, violence. Videos are the all the same.
    I dunno man maybe I just got burnt out on it.
    Like I get it bro, your the baddest, you get the most girls, oh you smoke the most weed too, oh you got the fly car now haha.
    I guess other genres can be the same with the recurrent themes and cookie cutter videos

There’s a lot of positive stuff out there too but for me rap always has to have a big of a hard edge sort of like metal music.

Guru from Gangstarr was always dope for bringing knowledge but keeping it Street as well.

Rap music today just seems ridiculous to me and I can’t really understand it. (The mainstream trap auto tune weird singing stufff) lol. It’s a marketing departments dream tho.

• Still, I read it’s the most popular genre on the planet.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

White college kids knew the Beastie Boys were in character when they rapped, "The sherrif's after me for what I did to his daughter; I did it like this, I did it like that, I did it with a Wiffelball bat."* Now, it was a different world in 1986, but that's straight-up rape.

Interesting reading of the lyrics. I always took it as the trope of the sheriff disagreeing with his daughter's dating choices, much like the farmer and his daughter.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Still, I read it’s the most popular genre on the planet.

🙌🏽 😂😂😂

• @espiegel123 said:
    Much rap is protest music and sometimes makes people uncomfortable if they are part of the context being protested.

This true of every form of protest.

• @Gravitas said:

Yes. All know pain, all know joy. All colours, races, religions and beliefs have same heart, physical and spiritual.

• @UnoWoo said:

@Gravitas said:

Yes. All know pain, all know joy. All colours, races, religions and beliefs have same heart, physical and spiritual.

Yes, very true.

Same heart.

• Sorry I didn't send this letter earlier, I just learned how to use the internet with all my ploys to get kids to kill each other

• This is the most bizarre thread I've ever read on here. Perhaps I'll re-reply after I actually investigate the OP link.

• edited September 2019

Follow-up: What a bunch of horse puckey. Yeah, we're gonna steer the entire industry of popular music towards themes of criminality so a few people can invest and get rich off private prisons?!?! Get real.

• @kobamoto said:

6% unemployment = I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!, 2nd amendment remedies, secession from the union lol

Corporate welfare = good

People welfare = bad

I’m not saying there’s a pattern, I’m just saying if there was a pattern someone would have pointed it out already.

Yeah I guess when you fabricate a non existent view point you can spin it any way you want. The truth is though things like sex, drugs, and rock and roll were not and are not considered good by all.

There's FAR more depth to reality than you're laying out here, but why explore that when you can just run with a bunch of false narratives that you think make you look smart?

• Was this thread started by a Russian bot? It seems designed to create misinformation and sow confusion. No one is understanding anyone else's post. I'm making an exit. Enjoy Thunderdome!

• As for the original post, can't say if it's true or not, but there's a pyramid on the back of the dollar bill for a reason.

Hierarchy has long played a role in civilizations being controlled by a few, with that control coming in various forms of the distribution of supposed truth, be it art, media, or education. So true or not, it's not so far fetched.

• @e121 said:

@kobamoto said:

Corporate welfare = good

People welfare = bad

Yeah I guess when you fabricate a non existent view point you can spin it any way you want. The truth is though things like sex, drugs, and rock and roll were not and are not considered good by all.

There's FAR more depth to reality than you're laying out here, but why explore that when you can just run with a bunch of false narratives that you think make you look smart?

We're on an internet forum and he's talking about general impressions. How much nuance would you like?

• @ksound said:

@e121 said:

@kobamoto said:

Corporate welfare = good

People welfare = bad

We're on an internet forum and he's talking about general impressions. How much nuance would you like?

He's not talking about general impressions, he's talking about false narratives, also known as lies.

Or maybe you're saying I should just ignore rap music becoming the most popular genre recently, and go with his lies?

• The "woke" generation. Regurgitate a headline you once saw, impress your friends.