Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GAS Face Thread: "blue balls for a metal box with knobs......."

Comments

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JoHe said:

Jeeez, about time elektron released a real hardware update to the octatrack.

Elektron should definitely hire this guy!

• edited October 2019

@[Deleted User] said:

@JoHe said:

OT but I’ve watched this guys videos before I would have totally pegged him for a middle aged slightly overweight pasty guy. Mind blown.

• @Approach said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JoHe said:

OT but I’ve watched this guys videos before I would have totally pegged him for a middle aged slightly overweight pasty guy. Mind blown.

🤣 the dude lifts heavy weight it seems.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@JoHe said:

Tell that to Stimming and legends like Jonathan Peters........

• @RUST( i )K said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@JoHe said:

Tell that to Stimming and legends like Jonathan Peters........

No arguing its a great machine but Im sure both these guys are gagging for a true successor to the ocatrack be released.

• They just released the MKII not that long ago, no way are they going to be replacing that anytime soon. Or at all would be my guess.

• More 707 musings:

• edited October 2019

@Tarekith said:
    They just released the MKII not that long ago, no way are they going to be replacing that anytime soon. Or at all would be my guess.

if they don't come out with a flagship level model samples there will be pitchforks and torches at their castle door!

• @Tarekith said:
    They just released the MKII not that long ago, no way are they going to be replacing that anytime soon. Or at all would be my guess.

It would probably not be called an ocatrack but i agree i dont have too much confidence it will happen soon.

• @kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

if they don't come out with a flagship level model samples there will be pitchforks and torches at their castle door!

Personally, I think the "instagratify" mindset culture forgets about heritage and longevity.

The Octatrack is the next generations 303 or original 808 or name some other now legendary piece of gear.

Almost like the guitar....at one point, it does what it does.

Sort of like the Circuit....if it did more, I wouldn't be such a truly insta intuitive creation box....

I think the arguments I see or I have had about Octatracks have been superseded by the last 3 Elektron boxes. (Model, DT, DG)

The ability to also run audio into each of the Dig-a-boxes and the USB Audio in of the Model Samples cover all bases for midi / Audio. They also allow for the use of user chosen Fx, albeit FabFilter or E-Tide apps or hardware like a ZOia.

I find apps or even hardware that do so many things are great. However, I do find that with output frequencies I like to limit the ranges of sound per app or box and maintain the original sonic integrity without cross cancellation of sounds.

I bought an Octatrack at one point. And I returned it. Because at the time I felt I had not tapped out the full usability of the iOS devices and existing hardware I had. I didn't want to sent it back, but I knew, at that point, I was going to use the Octatrack for things I can easily do with other sources. And knowing what I have read about the Octatrack I know what a subjective and unique device it is for users. I knew that at a later point when I have totally mastered other hardware I owned and the potential for my iOS hybrid set up in the studio and live, a time would come I would maybe find a true need for the O Track. And that time has come.

It was a great lesson for me in that not jumping on a piece of kit just because, but because I need it for reason in particular.

WTF was I taling about? LOL kidding.

• Every time I lust for a piece of gear I read about its capabilities and then look at my push/ableton/iOS combo and think nah. It always seems like downgrading. I also like the idea of single pieces of equipment with huge amounts of utility.

• I waaaay over bought on hardware last year. I was an all software guy for the better part of the last 20 years, with Push 1 and Live being my main (and most recent) set up. For me it was getting stale, I started spending more time staring at a screen inundated with too many options and getting stuck in my own head. So I got a DT, fell in love and decided I needed to buy a bunch of gear... (my GAS was bigger than my wallet) which after my last release and the newness wore off I found myself once again staring at my gear with too many options. So now... I'm taking one or two pieces of gear on at a time, trying to learn it, and force myself to make a whole EP/Album with it. Right now it happens to be Octatrack and with the addition of iPad OS being able to feed my Octatrack via file transfer I'm adding that as well as a sample source.

I think what @RUST( i )K said above is correct, the Octa is a classic and not unlike a guitar it takes some practice to really understand it's nuances.

• edited October 2019

@SanMateo said:
    I waaaay over bought on hardware last year. I was an all software guy for the better part of the last 20 years, with Push 1 and Live being my main (and most recent) set up. For me it was getting stale, I started spending more time staring at a screen inundated with too many options and getting stuck in my own head. So I got a DT, fell in love and decided I needed to buy a bunch of gear... (my GAS was bigger than my wallet) which after my last release and the newness wore off I found myself once again staring at my gear with too many options. So now... I'm taking one or two pieces of gear on at a time, trying to learn it, and force myself to make a whole EP/Album with it. Right now it happens to be Octatrack and with the addition of iPad OS being able to feed my Octatrack via file transfer I'm adding that as well as a sample source.

I think what @RUST( i )K said above is correct, the Octa is a classic and not unlike a guitar it takes some practice to really understand it's nuances.

Completely agree and there is no denying how cool the octatrack is however as stated in the video from a guy who has two and knows them inside out, there are many er... sound quality and feature restrictions. These restrictions could be resolved 8 years later with a new hardware version or successor. Some of these issues definitely stop me from buying one and I have been eyeing that machine for years. Hihi

• @[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:
    I waaaay over bought on hardware last year. I was an all software guy for the better part of the last 20 years, with Push 1 and Live being my main (and most recent) set up. For me it was getting stale, I started spending more time staring at a screen inundated with too many options and getting stuck in my own head. So I got a DT, fell in love and decided I needed to buy a bunch of gear... (my GAS was bigger than my wallet) which after my last release and the newness wore off I found myself once again staring at my gear with too many options. So now... I'm taking one or two pieces of gear on at a time, trying to learn it, and force myself to make a whole EP/Album with it. Right now it happens to be Octatrack and with the addition of iPad OS being able to feed my Octatrack via file transfer I'm adding that as well as a sample source.

Completely agree and there is no denying how cool the octatrack is however as stated in the video from a guy who has two and knows them inside out, there are many er... sound quality and feature restrictions which could be resolved 8 years later with a new hardware version or successor. Some of these issues definitely stop me from buying one and I have been eyeing one for years. Hihi

For sure, I would love them to come out with an new flagship sampler/sequencer. Add 8 more tracks ( hexadecatrack?) , a better effects section, and the ease of use of the DT/DN. I would sell of a lot of gear for something like that.

• @SanMateo said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@SanMateo said:

Completely agree and there is no denying how cool the octatrack is however as stated in the video from a guy who has two and knows them inside out, there are many er... sound quality and feature restrictions which could be resolved 8 years later with a new hardware version or successor. Some of these issues definitely stop me from buying one and I have been eyeing one for years. Hihi

For sure, I would love them to come out with an new flagship sampler/sequencer. Add 8 more tracks ( hexadecatrack?) , a better effects section, and the ease of use of the DT/DN. I would sell of a lot of gear for something like that.

Me too!

• edited October 2019

yeah the octa will forever be a classic, but they broke new ground with the model's workflow... I don't think they can go back, and the next flagship they make will not even make sense if they don't make it with this evolved workflow... I can't tell you how many people were butthurt over the model samples making somethings that the octa makes hard easy and more fun to do and it's not difficult to see their trajectory, the digitakt improved on the workflow, and then the model samples lambasted the digitakts workflow... if all they did was add sampling inputs, slicing, and a larger sample ram and storage to the model samples, with that alone it would instantly be a classic.

people are starting to get another model samples to go with the one they already have because it's so easy to move around quickly that it's probably as we speak the easiest machine to perform doubly with

• @kobamoto said:
    yeah the octa will forever be a classic, but they broke new ground with the model's workflow... I don't think they can go back, and the next flagship they make will not even make sense if they don't make it with this evolved workflow... I can't tell you how many people were butthurt over the model samples making somethings that the octa makes hard easy and more fun to do and it's not difficult to see their trajectory, the digitakt improved on the workflow, and then the model samples lambasted the digitakts workflow... if all they did was add sampling inputs, slicing, and a larger sample ram and storage to the model samples, with that alone it would instantly be a classic.

people are starting to get another model samples to go with the one they already have because it's so easy to move around quickly that it's probably as we speak the easiest machine to perform doubly with

While I have no need for one I'm going to have to check it out sometime. Agree, with all the hands on control, if they made a bigger flagship version, something between that and DT/Octa maybe. But with more... because more is better right? :)

• @kobamoto said:

I look forward to using my Model with my new shiny M2 Octatrack sitting sealed in the other room in the box.

• you lucky mothershutyomouth! :D

• @kobamoto said:
    you lucky mothershutyomouth! :D

LOL

IF I may be honest..my wife is making me wait till my birthday......fucking juvenile.....but I dig it......blue balls for a metal box with knobs...

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:

blue balls for a metal box with knobs...

That should be on my email signature.

• @SanMateo said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:

blue balls for a metal box with knobs...

That should be on my email signature.

LOL

• @RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:

LOL

IF I may be honest..my wife is making me wait till my birthday......fucking juvenile.....but I dig it......blue balls for a metal box with knobs...

haha that's cool, I know I'm gonna get one of those one day. I'm not worried about gas or having to many beatmachines or what my buddies think, don't buy jewelry, don't care about cars, sneakers, or fashion, and the only reason I eat is so that I can continue to make music in the first place so all is well with the universe musically speaking

• @kobamoto said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@kobamoto said:

LOL

haha that's cool, I know I'm gonna get one of those one day. I'm not worried about gas or having to many beatmachines or what my buddies think, don't buy jewelry, don't care about cars, sneakers, or fashion, and the only reason I eat is so that I can continue to make music in the first place so all is well with the universe musically speaking

Exactly!

I have seen 1 movie in a year.

Don't drink. Don't smoke. Do do drugs.

Have a rusted out van.

Wear clothes that are very old.

and cut my own hair....lol

So I hear you. With our type of spending and the hour/dollar usage, music gear is cheap in reality!

• edited October 2019

so true , I don't drink or smoke and cut my own hair as well lol, wtf would I look like sitting in a barbershop/salon about to pay for a haircut when there are beat machines in the world that I don't have :D
    and it's not even about collecting, it's about using

• @kobamoto said:
    so true , I don't drink or smoke and cut my own hair as well lol, wtf would I look like sitting in a barbershop/salon about to pay for a haircut when there are beat machines in the world that I don't have :D
    and it's not even about collecting, it's about using

Bingo!

• @RUST( i )K nice, love the new name for the thread.

• congrat @RUST( i )K when is your birthday, hope it's not too far off.

I've had my MK1 for a month or two and even the days that I don't use it I think to myself that its the most amazing thing I've ever bought