Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GAS Face Thread: "blue balls for a metal box with knobs......."

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:

I see the Stry boxes there......nice!

I have some whack pedals but really use the apps quite a bit for fix.

What audio interface you running?

I really need to make more of the Strymons. ATM, only the MonoStation is going through them. Sounds lovely though.

I actually route everything into a Zoom L12 Livetrak, that is a mixer, recorder and audio interface all in one. Just recently started experimenting routing that into AUM to get some extra FX. Also, as nice as the Zoom is, it has some shortfalls, no dedicated mute/solo buttons. Awkward handling of panning and EQ. I figured I could midi learn the LCXL for all of those single button gestures in AUM. So far, so good.

• I see Loopop has a video on the MC707

• @RUST( i )K said:

@[Deleted User] said:

If only elektron released that ocatrack 2!

A girl can dream.....

Knobcon says no......

whaaat elektron said no?

• edited September 2019

@RUST( i )K @kobamoto

I have read several times on the Elektron forum that there is no plan in making a Octa MK3. They feel like its complete the way it is, also, the dsp has been pushed to the max on it so FW updates outside of basic maint updates are not in the picture either. I do really love my octa mk2 but the immediacy of the digi twins seems to keep it in the corner more.

Man this forum is giving me GAS lately. The hardware obsession all started last April with that dang Drambo thread. Thanks @giku_beepstreet :)

• edited September 2019

well I guess that could be a good thing if they are gonna still come with an updated flagship type of instrument, I don't care what they call it. Give it the rytms parameter scenes, and the model samples workflow, digitakts sound, and octatracks crossfader, mpc slicing, ram, and storage, individual outs, and I don't care what they charge I'm innnnn

• @kobamoto said:
    well I guess that could be a good thing if they are gonna still come with an updated flagship type of instrument, I don't care what they call it. Give it the rytms parameter scenes, and the model samples workflow, digitakts sound, and octatracks crossfader, mpc slicing, ram, and storage, individual outs, and I don't care what they charge I'm innnnn

You and me both!

• @SanMateo said:
    @RUST( i )K @kobamoto

I have read several times on the Elektron forum that there is no plan in making a Octa MK3. They feel like its complete the way it is, also, the dsp has been pushed to the max on it so FW updates outside of basic maint updates are not in the picture either. I do really love my octa mk2 but the immediacy of the digi twins seems to keep it in the corner more.

Man this forum is giving me GAS lately. The hardware obsession all started last April with that dang Drambo thread. Thanks @giku_beepstreet :)

Yep no more updates to the existing ocatrack, be cool to get a true successor to the ocatrack though.

• @kobamoto said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@[Deleted User] said:

A girl can dream.....

Knobcon says no......

whaaat elektron said no?

Nothing there but feature upgrade for key staging for DTone keys...dats it

• @SanMateo said:
    @RUST( i )K @kobamoto

I have read and heard the same

I am also in good confidence heard it still had head room on the main brain for a few more tricks...I believe it only seeing how a compressor so easily appeared on the Digitakt .....

As I said

A girl can dream

I will have one by New Years....albeit mark 2 or any surprise!

LOL

• @ Rust(i)k that looks a great setup! Main question how's the electricity bill ? 😀
    So you run all the audio into the iPad .... how many inputs ? what audio interface ?

Thanks everyone , this thread is illuminating but financially dangerous !
    Warning GAS attack proceed with caution .

• @[Deleted User] said:

There's already a MkII so I'll interpret your post as a wish for MkIII

• edited September 2019

@GovernorSilver said:

@[Deleted User] said:

That’s what he meant 🎅🏿

• @GovernorSilver said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Well i meant a ocatrack 2 as to the mk2, meaning real successor to the original ocatrack.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Well i meant a ocatrack 2 as to the mk2, meaning real successor to the original ocatrack.

I think it would be confusing - one of the reasons I didn't like the MkII designation when they released it. Maybe they'll call the new unit Supermodel:Samples.

Not that you can't end up being right when it happens.

• @GovernorSilver said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@[Deleted User] said:

I think it would be confusing - one of the reasons I didn't like the MkII designation when they released it. Maybe they'll call the new unit Supermodel:Samples.

Not that you can't end up being right when it happens.

Agreed, no need to call it mk2 in the first place.

• Well, my MC-707 just arrived last night. Gonna spend the next couple of days taking the deep-dive into what it’s all about. I’ll let y’all know my thoughts on it shortly. I’ve owned the MC-303 (still have), 505, & a maxed out 909 with the techno expansion in the past, and have always loved the workflow. I stopped using them when Maschine first came out, but, have missed the quick and easy jamming you get with these kinds of tools. We’ll see how this one measures up.

• @thatguysmitty said:
    Well, my MC-707 just arrived last night. Gonna spend the next couple of days taking the deep-dive into what it’s all about. I’ll let y’all know my thoughts on it shortly. I’ve owned the MC-303 (still have), 505, & a maxed out 909 with the techno expansion in the past, and have always loved the workflow. I stopped using them when Maschine first came out, but, have missed the quick and easy jamming you get with these kinds of tools. We’ll see how this one measures up.

Congrats. Looking forward to hearing what you think. 👊🏼™️

• we all await with baited breath! Im already on the verge of packing up my whole rig and selling it piece by piece! (if this can actually hang as an audio looping device with many fx and easy resampling plus a drum track and a couple synth sounds all at once, ill be set for years!)

• I got about 2hrs in last night...just basically laying down drums and listening to sounds. One great thing I discovered is that I was able to run it for 2+ hrs on my portable batter pack! And, the battery meter only went down 1 bar (out of 4)!!! Should be able to get hours of use out of it on a single charge! This makes it a truly portable solution for me!

• @thatguysmitty said:
    I got about 2hrs in last night...just basically laying down drums and listening to sounds. One great thing I discovered is that I was able to run it for 2+ hrs on my portable batter pack! And, the battery meter only went down 1 bar (out of 4)!!! Should be able to get hours of use out of it on a single charge! This makes it a truly portable solution for me!

What battery / connectors are you using? Def want a portable / battery powered setup, so if I can do this with 707 vs 101, whoa.

• edited September 2019

@auxmux said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    I got about 2hrs in last night...just basically laying down drums and listening to sounds. One great thing I discovered is that I was able to run it for 2+ hrs on my portable batter pack! And, the battery meter only went down 1 bar (out of 4)!!! Should be able to get hours of use out of it on a single charge! This makes it a truly portable solution for me!

What battery / connectors are you using? Def want a portable / battery powered setup, so if I can do this with 707 vs 101, whoa.

This one right here. It’s got a 120v/65w mains outlet (that’s what I powered the 707 with) as well as two 2.4v usb charging ports for my iPad and other devices. As a bonus, you can even jumpstart your vehicle in an emergency! It’s a great battery! I’ve gotten hours of use out of my iPad while using it on the go!

https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Portable-Laptop-Charger-Starter/dp/B07FM85W13/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=halo+bolt+portable+charger&qid=1568386475&s=gateway&sr=8-3

• @thatguysmitty said:

Out of curiosity. How big is it compared to something like the iPad Pro or Push 2 or Octatrack or Digitakt. Not sure which piece of other gear you have. Maybe a Circuit or Electribe?

Any chance for a photo next to another familiar piece of gear.

• edited September 2019

@echoopera said:

@thatguysmitty said:

Out of curiosity. How big is it compared to something like the iPad Pro or Push 2 or Octatrack or Digitakt. Not sure which piece of other gear you have. Maybe a Circuit or Electribe?

I’ve got a Push 2, and it’s about 2 inches longer and about 4inches shorter in width.

I’ll take a pic of them for comparison when I get home.

• @thatguysmitty said:

@echoopera said:

@thatguysmitty said:

I’ve got a Push 2, and it’s about 2 inches longer and about 4inches shorter in width.

Perfect. Thanks.

• Also, the pads feel pretty nice...better than my Maschine Mk1. They’re about on par with the Push 2, except maschine sized.

• One more thing, after installing the drivers for it on my Mac, I was able to create an aggravate device in my audio/midi settings, and am able to stream all 8 tracks of stereo audio into Ableton with zero issues! I had all 8 tracks as well as another 8 from my iPad Pro via the iConnectAudio4+ all going at the same time. It was pretty glorious!

• edited September 2019

@thatguysmitty said:
    One more thing, after installing the drivers for it on my Mac, I was able to create an aggravate device in my audio/midi settings, and am able to stream all 8 tracks of stereo audio into Ableton with zero issues! I had all 8 tracks as well as another 8 from my iPad Pro via the iConnectAudio4+ all going at the same time. It was pretty glorious!

Cool. How does it show up in AB or AUM? Does it show up as a multi channel audio interface or does it require drivers to support this feature on iOS?

• @echoopera said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    One more thing, after installing the drivers for it on my Mac, I was able to create an aggravate device in my audio/midi settings, and am able to stream all 8 tracks of stereo audio into Ableton with zero issues! I had all 8 tracks as well as another 8 from my iPad Pro via the iConnectAudio4+ all going at the same time. It was pretty glorious!

Cool. How does it show up in AB or AUM? Does it show up as a multi channel audio interface or does it require drivers to support this feature on iOS?

Wasn’t able to get audio or midi to show up on iOS when hooked straight up to the CCK. Hooked it up to my iPad via my old iConnectMidi2+ and was able to send midi both ways using standard 5pin midi cables.

• had they advertised it as class compliant I wasn't aware of that?

• @kobamoto said:
    had they advertised it as class compliant I wasn't aware of that?

It’s not...I had to install drivers on my Mac...and, no audio or midi natively on my iPad.