Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Frustration with IK and IK’s Response

2»

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    I have only gotten refunds three times @McD. IK twice and Mitosynth cause not AU. Your musical endeavors sound great. Keep it up.

This took me about 10 minutes to make:

The Syntronik sounds are right in your wheel house and they rendered with out issue. Cubasis couldn't upload to soundcloud but it did pass the file to AudioShare to get the job done for me.

It's only 2 tracks but I found some good symphonic midi files to try something more dense.

• You are on a roll, both acoustically and synthetically, @McD!

• My opinion of IK has shifted a few times over the years. I’ve been unimpressed with their apps, both on the desktop and on iOS. As the OP mentioned, their system requiring accounts is quite annoying (and it’s fair to say that they send a lot of unsolicited mail). The fact that they try to create their own store is quite frustrating. Their prices tend to fluctuate a lot, which doesn’t tend to be a good sign. Some of their hardware products can be both gimmicky and shoddy, almost like those old mail-order catalogues with misleading descriptions and pictures. Finding answers to relatively simple questions can be quite challenging.

They were early on the market of music devices for iOS hardware and they’ve had a pretty wide distribution system (including Apple Stores and music stores, of course, but even bookstores). Their prices are usually rather decent. The fact that they’re being copied paid homage to by Behringer’s TC Helicon might mean that they were able to innovate.

And… some of their recent products are quite good.
    I do like my UNO Synth quite a bit. (Brought it to a synth meet, last night, and it fit right in.) To my mind, it’s an actual innovation as a combination of a full analog signal path and a very digital workflow. It’s a collab, of course, but they pulled it off and that can be more difficult than doing something on your own.
    The other IK product which helps me build my trust in IK is the iRig Micro Amp. It’s remarkably powerful for such a tiny amp, so it’s exactly what I needed as a compulsive pedestrian bringing my gear in a backpack to go to band practice or jams. It’s also a very clever way to use an iOS device as an effects box and more (as it’s an audio interface as well as an amp). And, since it uses the same type of DC as an effects pedal, it’s easy to power through a standard power supply like Power All or a battery pack using a Ripcord.

The most optimistic interpretation is that, maybe, the company is going to a transition towards good stuff? If so, maybe they’ll rethink some of their strategies and start listening to customers a bit more? That could be fun.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Well, I went back on my better judgement and purchased Syntronik. I generally do not complain about apps, but IK gets my goat every time. Perfectly fine with the app. However, when I wanted to check the manual it informed me I had to register first. First bell going off. Why dat? I mean, I bought it did I not?

Ok, so I had registered with SampleTank... I tried to log in. Would not recognize my email. Second bell ringing. I emailed support and will see if I request a refund. Just letting you know if you expect to get the manual you must supply them with personal info and agree that they can use it promoting IK... otherwise, NO MANUAL! Never again.

I recommend you create a email account just for the purpose of registering to those company account. Invent a name, adresse, birthdate. At least you don’t get your main email flooded.

Try to keep the same invented pseudom. It as save me a couple time during recovery of password.

Mail.com and ProtonMail let’s you create a email adresse without supplying a phone number.

• ...or you can opt out of receiving our newsletters as we provide that option of course.

• @ikmultimedia, glad you mention that. Personally, I would like IK to have a fair shake on this forum despite my personal and limited experience. Your presence in the discussion can go a long way toward influencing how folks think about your company.

• @LinearLineman : fwiw,I don't think iK is collecting the info for some nefarious reason. While the whole user account thing can be annoying, I think it is part of package they use that also enables bug report and tech support management which has its benefits.

I have been quite pleased with the quality of support that I have received from them. They provided much better support than a lot of companies that take ages to respond if they respond at all.

• @ikmultimedia you must be joking about sampletank "looking into the possibility of auv3". You know that IAA will be DEPRECATED making sampletank essentially useless, right?

• edited September 2019

Hi. I just texted with IK about AU for all their apps and asked for any details they could provide. They said are aware of the IAA depreciation issue and their developers are working to make sure their apps are functioning correctly as IOS and IK move forward.
    Ok, they weren’t specific about new apps, bundles, free upgrades or when which app would get what, but they’re not sounding like they’re just gonna trash the whole lineup.

• @ion677 said:
    @ikmultimedia you must be joking about sampletank "looking into the possibility of auv3". You know that IAA will be DEPRECATED making sampletank essentially useless, right?

Realistically, it makes sense for them to evaluate whether the cost of implementation justifies the investment. They probably have more of a sense of the market than any of us.

It would not surprise me if a ground-up rewrite were needed based on the experiences of a couple of other developers that tried to transition legacy code and then basically started from scratch.

• edited September 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    @ikmultimedia, glad you mention that. Personally, I would like IK to have a fair shake on this forum despite my personal and limited experience. Your presence in the discussion can go a long way toward influencing how folks think about your company.

We appreciate it. We are all ears for user feedback and we're more than happy to help clarify anything we can.

@ion677 said:
    @ikmultimedia you must be joking about sampletank "looking into the possibility of auv3". You know that IAA will be DEPRECATED making sampletank essentially useless, right?

Deprecated does not mean it will be gone over night. From what we've seen iOS 13 is intended to include IAA and we are, as stated, working on AUv3 functionality where appropriate/necessary. Please stay tuned for more information. The news letter will keep you in-the-know.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

• ...but is it DEPRECATED or DEPRECIATED? Or maybe BOTH? :#

• @SevenSystems said:
    ...but is it DEPRECATED or DEPRECIATED? Or maybe BOTH? :#

Unappreciated... 🙂

• As long as it’s not decaffeinated, then I’m all good!

I swear I remember an old IK post saying that AU version was coming. Maybe around a year ago after Syntronik update?
    Now they are saying “we are looking into it.”

I stopped buying the IAPs a long time ago until something happens.

I predict a new SampleTank AU app we have to purchase not an update.

• Deprecated does not mean it will be gone over night. From what we've seen iOS 13 is intended to include IAA and we are, as stated, working on AUv3 functionality where appropriate/necessary. Please stay tuned for more information. The news letter will keep you in-the-know.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/newsletter/

Still no hard committment to auv3. I'm willing to bet ios 14 does away with iaa.

• edited September 2019

@ruggedsmooth said:

I predict a new SampleTank AU app we have to purchase not an update.

I'm not sure why you would assume that with our past decisions, like the major jump to SampleTank 2 iOS or even AmpliTube iOS, where we offered a free update for existing users to continue to use their gear. I would suggest keeping an eye out for official news, but hey, who am I to say ;)

@ion677 said:

Still no hard committment to auv3. I'm willing to bet ios 14 does away with iaa.

AUv3 is no doubt a very important addition to the iOS music world. We understand that completely and we appreciate the interest in the topic.

• @SevenSystems said:
    ...but is it DEPRECATED or DEPRECIATED? Or maybe BOTH? :#

Defecated