Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jam Maestro updated + ON SALE for $1 for this weekend only

2»

Comments

• Jam Maestro's primary function is a composition tool, not really a performance tool. For that I would go to Guitarism or Guitar Capo+ personally.

• btw everyone ignore the misleading thread title that has been resurrected lol

• @JamMaestro said:
    btw everyone ignore the misleading thread title that has been resurrected lol

False advertisement! I want my sale price!

(Given the pervasive sense of entitlement and butthurt that is running rampant on ABF I guess I have to specify that I’m joking.)

• We need a ButtHurt app (with tempo change).

• @Liquidmantis said:

@JamMaestro said:
    btw everyone ignore the misleading thread title that has been resurrected lol

False advertisement! I want my sale price!

(Given the pervasive sense of entitlement and butthurt that is running rampant on ABF I guess I have to specify that I’m joking.)

Kill it, its becoming self aware!

• @JamMaestro said:
    Jam Maestro's primary function is a composition tool, not really a performance tool. For that I would go to Guitarism or Guitar Capo+ personally.

I want to like Guitar Capo+ but how do you let the strings ring out? And it seems like several features may have been deprecated. Thoughts?

• @mjcouche said:
    I want to like Guitar Capo+ but how do you let the strings ring out? And it seems like several features may have been deprecated. Thoughts?

Hmm, just checked. Not sure, maybe the original samples weren't recorded long enough.

You can do essentially the same on Jam Maestro, you just have to get ready and load the chord shapes you're going to need into the chord bar at the bottom really. Requires a little bit more concentration too obviously (as you have to hold root note of the chord on the fretboard as you strum).

• @JamMaestro I’ve tried this but didn’t know about chord shapes. If I get good enough this is my preferred way to do it. Because I can make any chord I want in any shape - it’s like a true guitar on a screen.

• @mjcouche have you watched this video? It has all the answers you seek...

• @JamMaestro thank you I’ll take a look

• @mjcouche not sure if this is what you needed?

• @MeatWalrus thanks I’ll check it out and play around

• @JamMaestro I love this app a lot.
    But it crashes consistently when using in AUM.
    Open Project or Restore session crashes every time.

This was already the case before the latest update, so i was hoping it would be fixed.
    But it happens anyway.
    Already reinstalled it, rebooted ipad but keeps crashing.

• @tpj said:
    @JamMaestro I love this app a lot.
    But it crashes consistently when using in AUM.
    Open Project or Restore session crashes every time.

This was already the case before the latest update, so i was hoping it would be fixed.
    But it happens anyway.
    Already reinstalled it, rebooted ipad but keeps crashing.

Hey buddy :) Can only fix bugs that I know about!

Can you please email me 'support [at] jammaestro.com' describing how to replicate the crash and what device/iOS version you are running? Cheers!

• Hi David,
    I liked Jam Maestro a lot. Helps to play solo and arpeggiator very easily.

But I am facing the following challenges while strumming.

1) I see no upstroke equivalent in the app. Only downstroke and mute available. Possible to add a downstroke option also to sound like real guitar strumming?

2) There are options below to change various chord modes like power, bar, major, minor etc. But while I strum fast in complex patter it's very difficult to quickly switch over chords (say from C major to A minor) . Is it possible for you to provide a few pads slots at the bottom where user can put pre-selected chords to achieve chord change faster? I am talking about something similar to these apps -

In fact, this will help in chord change while playing fast arpeggiator also.So fast this is the only feature I miss desperately.
    I will really appreciate if you can add these two features to make it a very practical instrument and fun to play with... :smile:

• @sujoybose77 said:
    Hi David,

1) I see no upstroke equivalent in the app. Only downstroke and mute available. Possible to add a downstroke option also to sound like real guitar strumming?

2) There are options below to change various chord modes like power, bar, major, minor etc. But while I strum fast in complex patter it's very difficult to quickly switch over chords (say from C major to A minor) . Is it possible for you to provide a few pads slots at the bottom where user can put pre-selected chords to achieve chord change faster? I am talking about something similar to these apps -

In fact, this will help in chord change while playing fast arpeggiator also.So fast this is the only feature I miss desperately.
    I will really appreciate if you can add these two features to make it a very practical instrument and fun to play with... :smile:

Not to put you on a different track than enjoying the thoroughly enjoyable Jam Maestro but check out 4pockets Strummer AU for strum chord playback, sequencing, automation. Program your own strum patterns.

• @audiblevideo said:

@sujoybose77 said:
    Hi David,

Not to put you on a different track than enjoying the thoroughly enjoyable Jam Maestro but check out 4pockets Strummer AU for strum chord playback, sequencing, automation. Program your own strum patterns.

Thanks @audiblevideo
    Yeh I have seen that app thoroughly. I was looking for "Live Strumming Performance" (than programming it manually for recording and editing purpose). 4pockets midi strummer app also don't offer an option for live strumming on the go.

• Do any of you have any experience using an Artiphon Instrument 1 or MG2 to input midi into Jam Maestro? If so, how well do they perform?
    I have a fair number of unfinished ideas which I started in Guitar Pro 7 on my PC, which I would like to work on using Jam Maestro on my iPad Pro. But I’m on the wall about purchasing JM before knowing that it’s going to work for what I need it for. Can any of you help?

• @DSCB57 said:
    Do any of you have any experience using an Artiphon Instrument 1 or MG2 to input midi into Jam Maestro? If so, how well do they perform?
    I have a fair number of unfinished ideas which I started in Guitar Pro 7 on my PC, which I would like to work on using Jam Maestro on my iPad Pro. But I’m on the wall about purchasing JM before knowing that it’s going to work for what I need it for. Can any of you help?

I did try it but don't remember it being a success due to there not being a simple way (that I have found, anyway) of correcting notes that inevitably end up on the wrong strings. There surprisingly seems to be no "move note up/down a string" option that I could find, so there is a lot of extra work to do to tidy up the tab, at which point you may as well have manually entered the notes.

I don't know about the Artiphon but with MG2 you also end up with a lot of unwanted notes which are a pain to edit out in MIDI, never mind in JM. "Notion" has a great but hidden feature which will let you throw away notes under a certain duration but you really have to record the MIDI elsewhere and then feed it into Notion to get anything decent out of it.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@DSCB57 said:
    Do any of you have any experience using an Artiphon Instrument 1 or MG2 to input midi into Jam Maestro? If so, how well do they perform?

I did try it but don't remember it being a success due to there not being a simple way (that I have found, anyway) of correcting notes that inevitably end up on the wrong strings. There surprisingly seems to be no "move note up/down a string" option that I could find, so there is a lot of extra work to do to tidy up the tab, at which point you may as well have manually entered the notes.

I don't know about the Artiphon but with MG2 you also end up with a lot of unwanted notes which are a pain to edit out in MIDI, never mind in JM. "Notion" has a great but hidden feature which will let you throw away notes under a certain duration but you really have to record the MIDI elsewhere and then feed it into Notion to get anything decent out of it.

Thank you. Even Guitar Pro has similar issues, but when it comes to manually inputting the notes I found it relatively easy, although rather a chore, especially using a mouse - I’d rather input notes directly from a midi controller, which would be one of the benefits of owning an I1. I hear you on the problem of a note position being identified on the incorrect string, that’s also a problem when importing midi into GP. I suppose the AI isn’t smart enough yet to be able to correctly identify which notes are played at which fret and on which string. But to be honest it’s not easy to do by ear either. But an experienced player has the advantage of knowing which finger patterns work best, and that’s a good basis to guess the exact note placement.
    But one distinct advantage for me of GP over JM is the fact that GP gives you the choice of rendering a regular score, tablature or both together for each track. Yet as far as I can see JM only renders TAB, and that’s a deal killer for me, since I could live with false note triggers up to a point, but TAB on its own is insufficient to my needs.
    Perhaps @JamMaestro would like to chime in?