Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Units : Last Resistance........

What apps are left that you really wish would be AU that have not?

For me, I would love to see the rest of the iFrettless apps have AU.

The guitar in particular.

Really as well, size does matter for me personally.

I would say "Sampletank" but being that Syntronik is such a heavy app I know it will be the same with Sampletank.

Which brings me to a side conversation.

What feature of iOS (1 only) would you think if addressed would make the biggest difference in your music making?

For mean, FILES.

In particular with AUDIO UNITS..(see how I tied that in)........I find the odd AU use of samples and the whole idea of using a third intermediary app to move files is cumbersome and limiting some features of iOS for AU and samples. I guess. WTF do I know......

TGIF

Comments

• Animoog
    Synthone
    Magellan
    Imonopoly
    Aufx apps

These are the ones that I'd want first at least

• edited September 2019

Korg Synths and Nave... and Groovebox synths !!! (are you listening, @AmpifyxNovation ? :))

• edited September 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tonestack....

As for which feature that most help my music making.....that would be the iCrap filter :D ermmm...yeah...probably better file and project management.

• @dendy said:
    Korg Synths and Nave... and Groovebox synths !!! (are you listening, @AmpifyxNovation ? :))

yes to this!!.
    And since you're dendy , the ns2 beta tester man🤣 I'll toss in a vote for obsidian auv3

• iWavestation
    Mitosynth
    Nave

• I was playing Gestrument Pro this morning. Haven't used much since launch, but I'd love to see as AU in AUM.

And everything that's already been mentioned. Can't have enough AU (especially if they are updates to existing apps).

• -Animoog, Animoog, Animoog
    -Nave
    -Thor

For me, Files has thus been avoided. Everything I've read here seems to make it a daunting, scary and problem filled mess. I'm paralyzed. Not needing samples, at least to this point, makes this mostly a non-issue but I fear I'll eventually need to break down and figure this whole mess out.

• @icsleepers said:
    Effectrix :(

YES!!

and: Korg Apps,Thor,iProphet,iSpark...

• SeekBeats
    Elastic Drums
    Patterning 2

• Audio Mastering
    Altispace
    Master FX
    Master Record

Tonestack and Magellan were mentioned before.

• Soft drummer, Funk drummer, afrolatin DM, rock DM, ibassist, all the Lumbeat are great apps, not inexpensive, really should AU, as they would be ever more useful.
    Excellent apps, but integration with AUM and audiobus (less so) is problematic.
    The fact they aren’t is stopping me from buying the rest, future and reggae. And they never have a sale!

• edited September 2019

Launchpad (or any similar solution)
    Blocks waves (or any similar solution)
    And Animoog of course
    And Patterning 2

• All the apps I would love as AU have been mentioned above: Thor, iMono/Poly, Patterning 2, Tonestack. In terms of features, I'd love having less aggressive/more intelligent/disable when connected to power/or something to handle CPU throttling; it's the one thing I need to work around every single time (I do feel the pain when working with samples, but my workflow is not that sample-heavy)

• loopy, or another loop type app that could fit in the fox slot of aum. so that you could feed it from adjacent channels and record the audio. instead of sending audio out of aum to record to loopy

• edited September 2019

@icsleepers said:
    Effectrix :(

if I could pick only one this would be it. Effectrix. SIGH

Edit: second place Borderlands

Runners up very very far behind, Nave, some Gadgets. An Elastic Drums Sampler?

Animoog would be nice but it seems no daws correctly support aftertouch recording/playback for it so Animoog would be just another plunky plunky with no smooth Animoogness, so why bother...

• Thor and Korg Module for the Model D piano.

• Everything by Korg
    Patterning 2
    Thor
    Tonestack

• Audulus
    • Patterning 2
    • Effectrix
    • BitWiz Audio Synth (no joke)
    • ThumbJam
    • ToneStack
  • Blocs Wave.. urgently..

• iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

(All Korg's synths actually, but since I've bought only 1 and would never buy another until it's AUv3, especially with pending IAA cancellations...)

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

iMono/Poly

• edited September 2019

iMonoPoly

which has just been mentioned, obviously.

• edited September 2019

Monopoly.... no wait I don't think I'm doing this right :trollface: lol

• • Patterning 2 ★★★
    • Samplr
    • Tonestack

• All of Korg, Nave, Thor, Patterning2, any kind of freaking launchpad type app for the love of god, the elastics, streetlytron, I’ll stop now...

• My great wish is to be able to use any AUv3 inside Gadget.

• @Faland said:
    My great wish is to be able to use any AUv3 inside Gadget.

I’m fine with every Gadget as an AU

• Samplr
    Borderlands
    Streemur
    iwavestation
    Thumbjam
    Patterning 2
    ioptigan

• I wish AUV3 were just stable. And there wasn’t any memory and threading issues when you use them together in the DAW.