Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Will you update to iPadOS directly at release day? - Poll

2»

Comments

• @audio_DT said:

Same here. I updated to the beta quite a while ago, anyway, and I’ve not experienced too many problems. The biggest issues have been apps not working (D1, TubeAU, Q3, one or two others), but most of these issues have been resolved (still waiting for TubeAU, though). Other problems have emerged, such as the chords problem, but most things are ok so far (he says, praying). I have itchy fingers and like to get new stuff, sometimes to my own detriment, at least in the immediate term. But the price has been worth it, overall, I think.

Files.app SMB Access to my NAS where I store most of my samples will be a welcome addition :)
    Sure I can use Documents for SMB but having it integrated at system level is something different.

5 hours to the keynote...

• Will wait until 13.1.x as usual :)

• Files.app in two windows side-by-side will be a welcome addition when organizing. Just noticed that recently when needing to drag multiple midi files from Audioshare into Jam Maestro.

• I dont have any critical projects that Im working on that relies on my iPad or iPhone at the moment, so yep, Ill be updating on day one. Its a major update with a lot of new features, and Im eager to see them for myself.

Also, updates seem to be more stable now than in the past because of one major difference, the public betas. Before, there werent any public betas and the people testing new updates was a much smaller group than the current large group of testers that are currently downloading and installing each new beta.

• Have it on my new iPad 2018 (beta) and noticed I use it more than my iOS 12 iPad Pro,. Want to see if my iPad Pro will have better battery performance, speed as my iPad 2018.. So yes, immediately..

• edited September 2019

I have two base model iPad's. One is the 2017 and the other is a 2018.

I'll start by updating the 2018 to iPadOs so I can test the external storage capabilities.

The lack of intuitive file handling has been my primary disappointment with iSO. If I can start to work with files like a "real computer" that would be the best. Then I just have to hope all my apps will continue to work properly.

If I'm going to have to freeze one of my iPads to an older version of iOS for music production, I'd rather it be the 2017.

I use my 2018 with ApplePencil with drawing Apps. Having the ability to pull images on and off of external storage to work on them will be awesome.

It would also be awesome to keep music projects, samples, and MIDI files on an external drive. I'm hoping iPadOs will wont break any apps.

• iPadOS is vastly superior to 12 on my Air 2, definitely way more stable with AU.

• As long as I get the go-ahead from dev for Unrealbook (and AUM) I have no probs with updating straightaway.

• My 2015 12.9 iPad Pro is my lifeline. Not only do I create music there, but it contains a very large sheet music collection that I use when I play the piano at places around town. Fortunately I have a couple of smaller and slightly older iPads that I can upgrade first. I really want to get at the external drive feature so that my audio and samples files kept on DropBox can be kept on a USB drive instead. Once I can be sure that my critical functions are ok, I’ll Go ahead and upgrade the big boy.

• I’ll I have a 2019 iPad everything has been running great on it to date. Will wait for a week or so until I know that there won’t be an issues with the music apps that I run.

• @motmeister said:
    My 2015 12.9 iPad Pro is my lifeline. Not only do I create music there, but it contains a very large sheet music collection that I use when I play the piano at places around town. Fortunately I have a couple of smaller and slightly older iPads that I can upgrade first. I really want to get at the external drive feature so that my audio and samples files kept on DropBox can be kept on a USB drive instead. Once I can be sure that my critical functions are ok, I’ll Go ahead and upgrade the big boy.

Iam also looking forward to the external drive support! 👍👍🙏🙏

• edited September 2019

@Samu said:
    Soon we'll know the official release date for iPadOS :)

I wan't this instrument in the next GarageBand update hehe...

We had 3 Koto players come to our house for my Japanese inlaw’s birthday party. Awesome instruments.
    btw.. there’s already a Koto instrument in GB in the Japanese Traditional pack.

• I'd like the "OH HELL NO, DO I LOOK BAT-SHIT CRAZY?" option.