Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Will you update to iPadOS directly at release day? - Poll

edited September 6 in General App Discussion

What you think: should we update our devices directly to iPadOS (iOS 13) or should we wait?

Waiting with the update to iPadOS yes or no?
  1. Whats your plan with the new update?126 votes
    1. I will update directly at the release day
      46.83%
    2. I will wait with the update
      53.17%
«1

Comments

  • I'll update both my iOS devices (iPhone 8 and iPad Air 2) on day one.
    This way I'll also be able to check if I really need to start looking for a new iPad ;)

  • Always. If there are problems with the release version I want to be the first to know :D

  • I always wait - most years a few crucial apps stop working and it takes anything from weeks to months for the issues to get sorted out. Last year was the exception, more or less everything went smoothly, but it's not usually like that.

  • edited September 6

    I may be a bit cynical at times but I do believe that most developers have access to the iOS/iPadOS betas and honestly it's in their best interest to make sure that at least their 'new' (ie. development started after WWDC) apps work when a new iOS release drops and preferably at least test the apps during the beta...

    But that's me, I love to keep my devices as up-to-date as possible :)

  • I've just bought the mini 5 and hoping it will ship with ios 12.3. If not I'll just use it as a testing ground. Pro 10.5 stays on 12.3.1 until further notice.

    Let me know if anyone's after Air 2 16gb 12.3.1. Around £160

    I'll be ebaying it shortly.

  • Nothing Apple does ever works.

    Is my answer.

  • I'm due a new iPad at some point this year, so it'll inevitably come with the latest version. I'll be keeping my Air 2 on 12.3.1 though unless there's reports of performance increases.

  • Already on it. It's ready to use.

  • I will update the mini4 but not sure about the new iPhone6 I get after break 5s (which if I repair will remain as is too)
    IPadOS seems promising and let’s hope cleaner and optimized than previous mesh... after all it’s the reason to fork the system itself... if I need a mini5 or pro... it will be the worst strategy on Earth and my last chance with Apple...

  • edited September 6

    Since I do still use GarageBand for various things, I won't have a choice really...

    Edit: Since I compulsively keep everything up to date lol.

  • I always update day one, never really been an issue for me in the past and it's a good way for me to weed out apps that aren't being supported consistently.

  • @wingwizard said:
    Nothing Apple does ever works.

    Is my answer.

    +1

    +11

    ...

    +11111111

  • @Tarekith said:
    I always update day one, never really been an issue for me in the past and it's a good way for me to weed out apps that aren't being supported consistently.

    +1 It's a good time to 'clean up' and make room for new apps :)

    When iOS12 dropped I had one app that wasn't 32-bit ready on launch day (PolyChord) and it took about two weeks to get updated. BeBot got updated to 64-bit before iOS12 shipped...

    Most apps that are still supported usually get an update after 1-2 weeks after major iOS releases.

    Some developers even wait for the major release before dropping the updates to their apps so they can take advantage of all the improvements.

    I don't expect any major issues to pop up to be honest.

  • There is no need to panic.
    I’ve been on the beta since Apple released it.
    The only issues I had, was on the first release when audio apps were acting strange with the cpu and also the three fingers thing wich has been fixed.
    You will love it trust me.
    And if anyone wants me to test things in Cubasis, BM3, Stagelight and GarageBand, let me know.

  • @supadom said:
    I've just bought the mini 5 and hoping it will ship with ios 12.3. If not I'll just use it as a testing ground. Pro 10.5 stays on 12.3.1 until further notice.

    Let me know if anyone's after Air 2 16gb 12.3.1. Around £160

    I'll be ebaying it shortly.

    I bought another 12“ Pro 2 weeks ago. It came on 12.3. So you might be lucky.

  • I’ll update my iPad Pro 11” to v13 after a week or so after watching out for any adverse reports of it breaking existing apps so my projects do not get stalled.

    My iPhone 6s and Air 2 will remain on v12.

  • @MobileMusic said:
    I’ll update my iPad Pro 11” to v13 after a week or so after watching out for any adverse reports of it breaking existing apps so my projects do not get stalled.

    My iPhone 6s and Air 2 will remain on v12.

    I think same for my iPad Pro

  • @MrBlaschke said:

    @supadom said:
    I've just bought the mini 5 and hoping it will ship with ios 12.3. If not I'll just use it as a testing ground. Pro 10.5 stays on 12.3.1 until further notice.

    Let me know if anyone's after Air 2 16gb 12.3.1. Around £160

    I'll be ebaying it shortly.

    I bought another 12“ Pro 2 weeks ago. It came on 12.3. So you might be lucky.

    Yeah, there would have been hope if it was new but this one is a refurb so who knows. Anyway, either devs or Apple will have to address the issue sooner or later so it’s probably ok to have one device on latest. My live Pro is staying on the last stable OS though.

  • I keep my phone current, and my iPads are usually a step behind. I've always been a bit of downrev guy when things are working fine.

  • wimwim
    edited September 6

    I don't see what the rush is unless I was a developer, but then I would have been on the beta already . I'll hold back for a few weeks just to hear feedback. No reason not to.

  • A short delay to let showstoppers surface is usually advisable.

  • OH HELL NO! AND I BACK THAT WITH FISTICUFFS IF NEEDED! These screens will never even taste 12.4. I’ve just now, finally, after years of toil and tears, dialed in my dream touch screen music making system. After too many years of iOS/app bugs here and there preventing the whole system from congealing into a solid, reliable instrument for me, IT FINALLY WORKS! My custom dream superDAW is alive and running perfectly in 12.3. In my mind, any further mucking about with updates is just flirting with system breakage, leading to heartache and further self-mutilation.
    So carry on without me boys. I’ve found a sweet little spot with a great view, and I’m camping here for a while. Probably build me a little cabin. Solar powered. Won’t be needing internet anymore. Little garden out back. Spend the remainder of my days here I reckon...
    Oh, except I won’t have a choice once I finally cave and replace these screens with 12.9inchers, will I?

  • edited September 6

    @audiorangutan said:
    I BACK THAT WITH FISTICUFFS IF NEEDED!

    LOL, I like your passion. But I warn you that once you use a 12.9incher your dream machine will likely require the size and power of the Pro 12.9... maybe just go ahead and upgrade while you can find them still on 12.3 ? 😉

  • @Hmtx said:

    @audiorangutan said:
    I BACK THAT WITH FISTICUFFS IF NEEDED!

    LOL, I like your passion. But I warn you that once you use a 12.9incher your dream machine will likely require the size and power of the Pro 12.9... maybe just go ahead and upgrade while you can find them still on 12.3 ? 😉

    🙂 In reality I have to wait until one breaks to justify upgrading. By then everything will be cool with 13. Early reports sound fine, so I’m overreacting anyway. And the additions that 13 bring sound great. Progress must march on.

  • tjatja
    edited September 6

    @Tarekith said:
    I always update day one, never really been an issue for me in the past and it's a good way for me to weed out apps that aren't being supported consistently.

    I'm completely the opposite.

    I want to use the App.
    I'm not even interested if it is supported at all or if the developer exists anymore.

    This goes as far as me preferring to buy a full version of an App, instead of anything that requires an IAP.
    Because with this way, if the company / developer stops to exist or even has no account at Apple anymore, I still can get the App from a backup and install on new devices. Everything is OK then....

    If you have something that needs an IAP to be checked, this will fail in such a situation and youwould loose the App.

    Sadly, I did it leave one iPad at iOS 10.... this bugs me nearly weekly, as I lost lots of (old) Apps, including nanostudio.
    (I still have a very old version on an iPod)

    Your way is more like "I not interested in the Apps at all. Only existing developers with up-to-date Apps are important to me".
    Which is realy strange to me :)

    EDIT: Most Apps cannot easily be replaced, be it games or things like the FabFilter plugins.
    There may be other, even similar App, but primarily you may loose what you like to use - because Apple makes it nearly impossible to go back. It is good to have one device at an older iOS version, just to be sure.

    Sadly, I did update all devices to 12.4 before reading Michael's warning.

  • edited September 7

    I update as soon as I can. Lets me find the issues in the apps I use and work on the issues with their devs to get them fixed as soon as possible. Its always easier to get in a fix during an OS or App update rather than later when the devs have moved on to the next version, adding, etc.

    This is also a hobby for me and I also have everything I need for OS X on my Mac Book Pro as well. I also buy just about every decent music app (there is a lot of total crap out there) so there is nothing I use that I don't have 2-10 other apps that are similar.

    If I was a pro I'd have at least three iPads;
    Production iPad: apps and OS updated as they are proven reliable on my Test iPad.
    Test iPad: apps (including betas) and OS update ASAP and tested before updating to Prod iPad.
    Dev iPad: Beta iOs and both most recent and beta apps as needed.

    Another critical thing is to report bags ASAP and clearly with how to reproduce them. Work with and help the devs isolate and fix any issues as quick possible.

    (Updating as I type this)

  • I’ll update non giging iOS devices.

  • @glynn_pelton said:
    I’ll update non giging iOS devices.

    Make sense 👍

  • Soon we'll know the official release date for iPadOS :)

    I wan't this instrument in the next GarageBand update hehe...

  • @Samu said:
    I may be a bit cynical at times but I do believe that most developers have access to the iOS/iPadOS betas and honestly it's in their best interest to make sure that at least their 'new' (ie. development started after WWDC) apps work when a new iOS release drops and preferably at least test the apps during the beta...

    But that's me, I love to keep my devices as up-to-date as possible :)

    Same here. I updated to the beta quite a while ago, anyway, and I’ve not experienced too many problems. The biggest issues have been apps not working (D1, TubeAU, Q3, one or two others), but most of these issues have been resolved (still waiting for TubeAU, though). Other problems have emerged, such as the chords problem, but most things are ok so far (he says, praying). I have itchy fingers and like to get new stuff, sometimes to my own detriment, at least in the immediate term. But the price has been worth it, overall, I think.

Sign In or Register to comment.