Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music and Philosophy/Esotericism as a way of self exploration

13»

Comments

• edited September 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    for me, Advaita Vedanta is truth. It goes to the literal, non-dualistic, core of what we are. And it is there that creativity and freedom are borne. Strangely, I just stumbled across this fellow, Rupert Spira. But he tells it exactly the same as all the other aware vedantists I have ever listened to or read about. Invest fifteen minutes. It just might be profound for you, as it has been for me. You may have a knee jerk reaction that this is nihilistic. It is a bit disturbing, but when understood is totally life affirming and freeing. At least it has been so for me.

Reminds me of Vilca where you can literally see thoughts and decisions before they happen ‘spontaneously’ in the conscious mind. Normally in regular consciousness what just seems to spontaneously arise is essentially now being drawn into space as holographic, living, animating hieroglyphics being transmitted within milliseconds before you think them and then you see/feel yourself reacting to them without autonomy. The closest thing I could relate this pure observer being to was ‘God’.

• edited September 2019

Just heard an interesting stat today. Scientist believe that the universe is comprised of 68% Dark Energy and 27% Dark Matter, but we can’t visibly see it. That means 95% of the known universe is “unknown” to us, while 25% is readily visible and detectable to our senses and instrumentation.

Kind of blew my mind to think that 95% of what we call reality is truly invisible to us.

• A lot of old hippies on this forum...not that there’s anything wrong with that...😀

• edited September 2019

@Simon said:
    A lot of old hippies on this forum...not that there’s anything wrong with that...😀

Hehe, I was a hippy in the early 2000s. :blush:

• "Old hippy" is, unfortunately, now a tautology @Simon.

• @LinearLineman said:
    "Old hippy" is, unfortunately, now a tautology @Simon.

Aww, I work with plenty of young hippies carrying the torch. Although they mostly use em for burning effigies in the desert now.

• @Simon said:
    A lot of old hippies on this forum...not that there’s anything wrong with that...😀

It's been a long time since I was called a hippie.
    Proud to be an old one.

Good people to be around.

• @Maarten said:
    For a long time I have been struggling with finding a way to combine my interest in philosophy and esotericism with my strong inner need to express myself through music. I have a well developed left brain, but I’m also a visual thinker and someone who resonates with symbolism and atmosphere expressed through music.

My struggle boils down to the fact that I find it hard to express myself musically in a way that satisfies my search for self knowledge and truth. Maybe I’m trying too hard or maybe I am trying to use music as an instrument to a goal for which it is not suited. That being said, I’m drawn to musical acts and genres in which the musicians try to convey a certain concept or view on life. Genres like black metal, ambient and ritual music have a strong connection to self exploration. Often these musicians don’t rely on sound alone, but also use visuals and words to convey the feelings and ideas they want to express.

In short: I’m interested in your ideas on this broad topic. I’d love to develop an ongoing dialogue and possibly a musical collaboration with people who, like me, are driven by their search for truth and are enchanted by the mysteries of life. I’m open to all kinds of perspectives, but would like to meet people who are serious and determined in their approach and feel a similar urge to express themselves in the way I described.

I’m aware of the fact that I’m kind of exploring a niche here and that many people make music in a much more layed back manner, without straining some much. That’s fine of course. I’m just hoping to connect to people who have similar struggles and goals. Thank you for your interest and I’m looking forward to reading your 5 cents.

Ps. Writing on the above topic can be quite cumbersome. I’m open to a Skype conversation if you’re seriously interested in this topic. My native language is dutch, but I feel quite at home in both the english and german language, so feel free to respond in your mother tongue.

whenever i feel a creative block, i always try to jam with a fellow friend to see if inspiration follows

"Often these musicians don’t rely on sound alone, but also use visuals and words to convey the feelings and ideas they want to express"

Often its due to lack of skill, that most resort to shock visuals, outfits, lyrics.....but not always

• @Gravitas said:
    My musical journey started off being one of avoidance.
    I didn't want to think anymore so I picked up my drumsticks and
    became a drummer which it turned out I had a talent for.
    The journey after picking up the sticks ended up being one of academia which
    I had tried to avoid, metaphysics, cultural exploration, spiritual understanding
    on many levels, an exploration of my ancestry and others worldwide,
    journeys through joy, depression, developing new coping mechanisms
    and letting go of old ones, psychology, meditation and eventually learning how to be Zen.
    Physically I have almost mastered bass, guitar, percussion, drums, voice,
    production and eventually let go of even the pursuit of Mastery and learnt how to
    create a space within myself that embodies what I consider to be Peace.
    I have seen God and the Devil for want of a better description and Evil is human.

Music is spirituality beyond the Good books,
    it transcends the Abrahamic faiths, it truly is universal.
    Whether it comes out in dance (I've been a dancer as well)
    or playing an instrument it comes from us yet is beyond us.
    I could be in a jungle and the music of the forest will sing to me
    or in the heart of the city and music still sings to me.

There is no difference.

The art forms you create are a reflection for want of a better word of you.
    The outer you and the innermost you.
    Forgive me as I find words clumsy these days as I spent almost ten years
    delving into music on all levels with minimum amounts of conversation.

Without or within, music is there.
    Harmoniously or dissonant.

You will find everything there.

Good, bad, right, wrong,
    God, the Devil,
    Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, Krishna,
    Shango, Paganism,
    War and Peace.

Combine all of the art forms and you will find yourself
    Combine all of the art forms and you will find everyone.

Remove all of the art forms and you will see existence.

To quantify music from the stand point of a religion will blind you.
    To let yourself go into the stream of Art will free you.

Spiritually, mindfully and physically.

wow nice piece, thats inspiration right there

• @AudioGus said:
    What I do is about me and the void.

Uno like @AudioGus style. B)

• @UnoWoo said:

@AudioGus said:
    What I do is about me and the void.

Uno like @AudioGus style. B)

one concurs.

• @hisdudeness said:

wow nice piece, thats inspiration right there

Thank you.

I think I'll actually save that one then.