Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Products , Same Old Faces.......(EDIT)

edited September 2019 in Market Place

(I HAVE TO CLARIFY, I THINK MY INTENT OF THIS THREAD WAS IF IT WERE TO BE READ BY A COMPANY REP...LESS THAN A YT PERSONALITY COMPARISON...BUT I AM DOWN WITH TALKING ABOUT WHATEVER. I DID NOTICE I HAVE SIMILAR THREAD FROM A YEAR AGO BUT AS NOTED MY OPINIONS ON SOME YT HAVE PERHAPS CHANGED)

I will admit, my ADHD and steady case of GAS make me a prime customer for gear.

However, the same faces and channels doing every new product is the best thing to happen to quell my GAS.

There is something about the same “love this piece” YouTube incorporated that is more and more making me recoil from that initial excitement over new products.

But, maybe I am just a miserable phuck who is just cranky.

I do know, certain channels having products does create a “reasonable doubt” for me in regard to the product or company’s judgement.

I guess I am old school. I don’t like “advertising” under the guise of reviews. I also am from an era where real artists were sponsors for products. Remember guitar and keyboard magazines. No one would be a reviewer with no real bonafides.

Instead of a “YouTube personality” that many people may not like, an artist of a certain genre with relatability and credibility when it comes to using gear would be way more believable.

Or maybe companies can search endless music platforms and forums and recruit talent and new faces to showcase new gear.

Don’t get me wrong I love YouTube. I admire many YouTube content. Creative content. Not creative advertising. I know this world and it is slight of hand hanky panky.

Phony bologna plastic banana rock and roll “reviews” don’t do a service to companies and their potentially amazing new products. They may actually hurt the initial first impression of a product.

One of two things are bound to happen.

Either the Youtubee loses credibility for fake excessive positive reviews or the company loses credibility having seemed to have partnered with a corporate whore. Or both!

I guess if a person did some serious music or perform with the item...awesome.

But the whole blah blah blah...with the weird condescending tones or silly stuff is just whack.

Anyway, look forward to your opinion.

Glad the hurricane is gone.

Comments

• I agree with you. When I started getting into music-making via iOS (which for me was getting into making music full stop), I took a lot of what the YT review sites said pretty much at face value. Over time, though, it becomes apparent that all the reviews are positive, and are therefore worthless. They can be good to getting a 'feel' of an app, but not really for getting an objective opinion about its relative merits. There's a 'gap in the market (God, I hate that term!) for someone doing reviews that weigh up say, company A delay versus company B delay, etc. Having said that, having read the thread about how much devs earn from all their hard work, I'm not going to complain too much. They do a wonderful job, in the main, and for little gain, it seems.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Didn't you start a thread about this a few years ago?

I think in that one you named names and said who you liked and who you didn't. Or am I imagining it (possible).

• @RUST( i )K , @audio_DT
    You are already aware of what's happening and that's a good thing.
    It's not that there aren't good reviewers on YT, usually the ones that really go into the details seem to be the most helpful when it comes to purchase decisions. Like loopop, True Cuckoo and Ricky Tinez for example. But they're the exception unfortunately, and I'm used to downloading manuals to (hopefully) get the missing details.

• @RUST( i )K said:

However, the same faces and channels doing every new product is the best thing to happen to quell my GAS.

There is something about the same “love this piece” YouTube incorporated that is more and more making me recoil from that initial excitement over new products.

I do know, certain channels having products does create a “reasonable doubt” for me in regard to the product or company’s judgement.

I guess I am old school. I don’t like “advertising” under the guise of reviews. I also am from an era where real artists were sponsors for products. Remember guitar and keyboard magazines. No one would be a reviewer with no real bonafides.

Instead of a “YouTube personality” that many people may not like, an artist of a certain genre with relatability and credibility when it comes to using gear would be way more believable.

Or maybe companies can search endless music platforms and forums and recruit talent and new faces to showcase new gear.

Don’t get me wrong I love YouTube. I admire many YouTube content. Creative content. Not creative advertising. I know this world and it is slight of hand hanky panky.

Phony bologna plastic banana rock and roll “reviews” don’t do a service to companies and their potentially amazing new products. They may actually hurt the initial first impression of a product.

Either the Youtubee loses credibility for fake excessive positive reviews or the company loses credibility having seemed to have partnered with a corporate whore. Or both!

But the whole blah blah blah...with the weird condescending tones or silly stuff is just whack.

Absolutely agree with this.

• edited September 2019

"Don't recommend this channel" is a great option.

• Welcome to the age of 'paid &influencer focused advertisement'.

I do get that they try to make a living on Youtube but the 'sell-out stamp' is become too painfully obvious.

It's just 'Everything is great and every single product is super and a must have', seldom any negative comments or they will not get paid as the videos are most likely screened prior to publication...

While I do appreciate the more 'in-depth reviews' even there it's quite clear that some topics are avoided.
    I do like that Nick Batt pointed out a few 'shortcomings' of the MicroFreak but all in all the device is pretty cool and I got good response from Arturia regarding a few missing features.

Bob Eats's NTS-1 review was just painful to watch...

• edited September 2019

@RUST( i )K said:

Agree with the sentiment. Although it's still good to be able to get a glimpse of the products being used...even if that does just lead to more desire....I tend to skip the 'It's here' or 'First glimpse' type videos, preferring the more in depth ones that actually show what the units are capable of, well at least what features they have and how you use them anyway.

No they don't.....But "Phony Bologna and the Plastic Banana" is a great name for a band :D

• I look forward to Nick Batt reviews more than just about anything on YouTube.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Not watch boring review where all perfect. Not watch review where person paid to promote.

Favourite now _DaveyPoo Mobile Music Minstre_l. Clear reviews, not too long, stick to subject.

• @Tarekith said:
    I look forward to Nick Batt reviews more than just about anything on YouTube.

Definitely a trusted source, I like the way he has a sort of method. First the raw oscillators, then filters etc before getting to the presets. Can tell he loves his job also!

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@Tarekith said:

Definitely a trusted source, I like the way he has a sort of method. First the raw oscillators, then filters etc before getting to the presets. Can tell he loves his job also!

And PWM too :) (Just like me LOL).

• I think this topic was started to discuss music hardware reviews, correct? That’s a totally different YouTube game compared to iOS music app reviews isn’t it. It seems like some replies here didn’t get the distinction... maybe change the thread title?

Anyway, I’m not buying lotsa gear but I see how it is a problem for gear reviews. Maybe just go demo it at a music shop?

• There's stuff to enjoy in most of the Youtubers videos but yeah, you can't call many of them independent reviews.

But as long as you don't watch them expecting a 100% honest unpaid reviews, it's fine. It's just YouTube.

I'm amazed at the high production values of some of the youtube producers, makes you forget they're just filming in their spare room. It's hard to forget some of them are filming in their bedroom though ;-)

The main thing I find annoying is when they keep making loads of cuts and the presenter jumps about... It seems to be a trend and is getting increasingly annoying! ;-)

I enjoy Jakob's iOS videos... His enthusiasm is contagious.

• Curtis judd is the most honest and unbiased YouTuber.
    Stays on point without any of that “but more on that later” bollox most of them come out with in an attempt to keep you watching. curtis also has a pros and cons list within seconds of introducing the product.

• @enc said:
    [...] that “but more on that later” bollox most of them come out with in an attempt to keep you watching. [...]

Also known as: how to get my instant thumbs down and unsubscribe. I dont have time for that stuff

• @Tarekith said:

Gaz does it for me, it's like taking a vacation to another planet and I love it :smiley:

• @kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

Gaz does it for me, it's like taking a vacation to another planet and I love it :smiley:

I love his enthusiasm, and could watch him whatever he was talking about.

• @RUST( i )K said:

Couldn't agree more, nothing like a dude who cant actually play tell me how this new bit of gear fits into his work flow....... like REALLY?

• @rs2000 said:
    @RUST( i )K , @audio_DT
    You are already aware of what's happening and that's a good thing.
    It's not that there aren't good reviewers on YT, usually the ones that really go into the details seem to be the most helpful when it comes to purchase decisions. Like loopop, True Cuckoo and Ricky Tinez for example. But they're the exception unfortunately, and I'm used to downloading manuals to (hopefully) get the missing details.

Not watched those ones, so thanks for the tip. And, yeah, I sometimes go to the manuals, too, to get an idea of what’s what.

• @Simon said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Didn't you start a thread about this a few years ago?

I think in that one you named names and said who you liked and who you didn't. Or am I imagining it (possible).

And not to say my opinions are not static and those opinions may have intensified or changed completely.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Couldn't agree more, nothing like a dude who cant actually play tell me how this new bit of gear fits into his work flow....... like REALLY?

LOL

Exactly

• @kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@kobamoto said:

@Tarekith said:

I love his enthusiasm, and could watch him whatever he was talking about.

LOVE GAZ and his hair!

He is a maniac and a talented artist.

• @Tarekith said:

He is so thorough and consistent in his reviews along with tutorials.

YEar of real industry creds for sure!

• @purpan2 said:

@RUST( i )K said:

Absolutely agree with this.

Thank you!

• @Hmtx said:

@enc said:
    [...] that “but more on that later” bollox most of them come out with in an attempt to keep you watching. [...]

Also known as: how to get my instant thumbs down and unsubscribe. I dont have time for that stuff

Its like fuck me, no fuck you.

LOL

• @Samu said:
    Welcome to the age of 'paid &influencer focused advertisement'.

I do get that they try to make a living on Youtube but the 'sell-out stamp' is become too painfully obvious.

It's just 'Everything is great and every single product is super and a must have', seldom any negative comments or they will not get paid as the videos are most likely screened prior to publication...

While I do appreciate the more 'in-depth reviews' even there it's quite clear that some topics are avoided.
    I do like that Nick Batt pointed out a few 'shortcomings' of the MicroFreak but all in all the device is pretty cool and I got good response from Arturia regarding a few missing features.

I personally find Synth Anthony Anatomy......to be difficult to listen to when he does interviews.

His timing and second language skills make the interviews less than easy to listen to and often leave the company person looking bewildered at his "what is your background" question.....

That is just me.

But his product vids are much better.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

I personally find Synth Anthony Anatomy......to be difficult to listen to when he does interviews.

His timing and second language skills make the interviews less than easy to listen to and often leave the company person looking bewildered at his "what is your background" question.....

That is just me.

I like stimming reviews on YT. If a piece of gear has a flaw he will not be happy.

• @RUST( i )K said:

I like the almost always super in-depth stuff from loopop...

Even though I had watched loopop's review of the MicroFreak it was RedMeansRecording's 'music video' that finally sold it to me and I don't regret getting it and the response from Arturia regarding features has been pretty good so I'm looking forward to a firmware update in the near future :)

This is how NTS-1 should be demoed to a 'geek' like me...

(I will get it once it's available. It will be perfect as en effects unit for the MicroFreak).

• @Samu said:

@RUST( i )K said:

I like the almost always super in-depth stuff from loopop...

Even though I had watched loopop's review of the MicroFreak it was RedMeansRecording's 'music video' that finally sold it to me and I don't regret getting it and the response from Arturia regarding features has been pretty good so I'm looking forward to a firmware update in the near future :)

This is how NTS-1 should be demoed to a 'geek' like me...

(I will get it once it's available. It will be perfect as en effects unit for the MicroFreak).

I love my Microfreak....like a real life NAVE!

I looked and think in US this new KORG item is available on Sweetwater.....thinkng about getting it for effects for the MonoStation.

Loopop has great vids.

Nick loves his PWM well Loopop loves single cycle wave forms and making synths with samples! lol

• @[Deleted User] said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:

That is just me.

I like stimming reviews on YT. If a piece of gear has a flaw he will not be happy.

STIMMING IS MY FAVORITE !

His dry sense of humor and quality honest takes on things are amazing!

I got the MODEL SAMPLE because of his review!