Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SOLVED: New user - and an OT issue, sorry!

First off I am a new user for AudioBus 3 , and want to thank Michael Tyson for getting registration sorted for me! The registration page was glitching out something shocking for me and I gave up in the end and contacted support.

The speed with which Michael both responded (and it must be late at night where he is-I am in Oz) and then fixed the issue for me was, simply outstanding!

OK, on to the OT part - and this is a question for AudioShare (Kymatica) users. Everytime I try to load in an MP3 track from the iOS Music Player library, Audioshare converts it to a WAV, which of course also increases the file size by about a factor of 8! In the screenshots I saw of the app before purchase, it showed MP3 files (as well as MIDI files) in the list, so I am wondering why it is doign this conversion thing?

T.I.A. for any responders.

Comments

• First of all hi! :)
    Secondly: put the idea of your question in the title to get more coverage. Cheers

• edited September 2019

@pax-eterna said:
    and it must be late at night where he is-I am in Oz

Nope, I'm in Oz too ๐Ÿ˜„ (And you're welcome!)

• edited September 2019

Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s converting. It just says importing. One process, not 2. Itโ€™s easy enough to convert to MP4 once itโ€™s in AS though. Check out the Tools/convert, top right.

• edited September 2019

Welcome @pax-eterna

Iโ€™m not sure whatโ€™s going on with your initial import into Audioshare. But as @Fitz says, converting back to a smaller file size once in Audioshare is very quick and simple. :)

Although mp3 isnโ€™t an option, the M4A is also a small file size.

• edited September 2019

If youโ€™re ever in need of a good Audio editor as well, I can recommend Twisted Wave that has mp3 options.

• @Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

See. There really is A wizard of Oz :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

Bloody Stephen Bloody Smith. ;)

• @TheVimFuego said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

erm...yeah.... I'm in Manchester, and could pass Old Trafford on the way home, I have been contemplating what would be the best thing to fill his shoes with to scupper him :D (On recent form the obvious answer would appear to be Joe Root)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

erm...yeah.... I'm in Manchester, and could pass Old Trafford on the way home, I have been contemplating what would be the best thing to fill his shoes with to scupper him :D (On recent form the obvious answer would appear to be Joe Root)

haha

• @TheVimFuego said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

hahaha ain't that the truth! Lovin' it!!

• Thanks for all the replies guys (+gals?) much appreciated. Finally got hold of the developer, Jonatan is pretty good with help, but as he is so busy it's tough to get on to him...anyhoo it seems it is an issue with Apple and the Apple Music library which does not play nicely with anything really (gee what a surprise ;) ) .....soooo, we went through some steps and it seems the easiest way is to simply upload via local network using a browser! Took all of about 4 minutes to upload my 500+ backing tracks in MP3 format. Using the File Player tool now and Audioshare and it works a treat!

• @Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

haha, coolio! Still the comments stand m8, really quick to help out you were, as were the other peeps here in the forum B)

• @supadom said:
    First of all hi! :)
    Secondly: put the idea of your question in the title to get more coverage. Cheers

Yeah, I will do that my bad :blush: thanks for the welcome :smile:

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Michael said:

@pax-eterna said:

๐Ÿ˜‚