Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Marvin Gaye - I heard it through the grapevine - no music

Quite extraordinary

Sorry I don't have a direct link to the viddy.

Comments

• I have the multitrack for that one (and a bunch of other Marvin Gaye). No doubt about it, he’s amazing.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I have the multitrack for that one (and a bunch of other Marvin Gaye). No doubt about it, he’s amazing.

Indeed but also the missing backing vocals where you expect them and him dancing to the silent bits makes for a very odd experience.

• thank you for posting, this is just what I needed today

• Never enough Marvin.

• Marvin, Smokey, and Al are my holy trinity.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I have the multitrack for that one (and a bunch of other Marvin Gaye). No doubt about it, he’s amazing.

Any chance I could borrow some of those?

• Another marvin fan here. @mrufino1 any What's Going On or I Want You multitrack ? :D

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    Marvin, Smokey, and Al are my holy trinity.

Mavin, Smokey, and Curtis for me.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Curtis, Bill and Sam for me :)

• @raimundoarriagada said:

Another marvin fan here. @mrufino1 any What's Going On or I Want You multitrack ? :D

Yes, I have what's going on.

• @boone51 said:

@mrufino1 said:

There were a ton of multitrack masters floating around the net at one point, a google search can probably unearth them still.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

Marvin, Curtis & Ronald Isley for me.

• edited September 2019

Also, epic version with Grant Lazlo Orchestra..

https://youtu.be/E-2hSF7VJVI

• Awesome!

It could use the reggae music from the Slits instead of the original soul music

• My two favourite male vocal performances of all time are this one, and In Dreams by Roy Orbison. The way Marvin Gaye sings this song is just amazing, with the falsetto touches and just a little bit of vocal fry for expression.

• Goosebumps galore!
    Wooooo - hooooooo!
    🙃

• @richardyot said:
    My two favourite male vocal performances of all time are this one, and In Dreams by Roy Orbison. The way Marvin Gaye sings this song is just amazing, with the falsetto touches and just a little bit of vocal fry for expression.

I love Roy too.
    I watched the Traveling Wilburys video recently. (End of the Line)
    I forgot that Roy had passed between the recording of the song and the video.
    When they get to the part where Roy has his lead verse, and they cut to the guitar in the rocking chair, rocking away, I literally got a chill down my spine.

Ok. Back to Marvin.

• I just recently saw some of the film about ms franklin’s gospel performances, in 70s harlem I think. Lots of famous people popped in to pay respect. Very special just like this. Great post

• encenc
    edited September 2019

edit

• @Jocphone said:
    Quite extraordinary

Sorry I don't have a direct link to the viddy.

the music and backing vocals are not "removed" they are not there to begin with

• So many of these old soul vocalists are just ridiculous with their control, tone and expressivity.

Marvin Gaye, Sam Cooke, Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding, Sam & Dave, Jackie Wilson... Amazing stuff.

• @mrufino1 said:

@boone51 said:

@mrufino1 said:

There were a ton of multitrack masters floating around the net at one point, a google search can probably unearth them still.

found it ! i need more of this ones ..... and also found a Marvin's - I Want You accapela in youtube :D

• @richardyot said:
    My two favourite male vocal performances of all time are this one, and In Dreams by Roy Orbison. The way Marvin Gaye sings this song is just amazing, with the falsetto touches and just a little bit of vocal fry for expression.

Yup, he doesn't mail in a single phrase of the vocal. He sells every single line with a little extra that it needs. Simply stunning.