Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blockchain and crypto as music distribution

edited September 2019 in Other

Many of you in the past have mentioned crypto based music distribution, particularly Choon. Are any of you involved in any other ways of digital distribution using blockchain? Do people use BitTorrent for distribution? I know some artists and bands have in the past, but is that something people today would consider? What other platforms and outlets are there in this sort of vein? There must be a few by now.

Comments

• Amanda Palmer had a great thread going on Twitter concerning crowd funding for creatives, it seems overwhelmingly positive as viable platform per said thread. Anyone here connect with an audience via crowd funding?
    All I’ve tried is e distribution and the returns are flat (there are only so many drone industrial gaber metal (deathtronica) heads out there)👻
    The alternative seems to be running a sidebar ad on an e-zine, it seems cooler and “professional” (support the info depot) & gratuitously inorganic in the same stroke. Overall social media has been a grind with zero payoff and will continue on it’s dismal path with or without interesting people. Maybe people who are truly interested in others and what they make/do have found places like Etsy or kickstarter or whatever and everything’s zen.

• Todd Smith is an iOS musician and patreon who has done well on steemit/dtunes

• There’s an employment of “bot hours” to game those platforms, likely the same for other coins. I don’t want to neg them, it’s just that intangible $ isn’t a garden that I’d take up tending. Discord is rife with servers on how and when, although it all has a ponzi scent to it. On top of that, a fat coin wallet is like leaving a fat cash wallet on the dash of your car, virtually begging to be taken.
    Who here spent a few hours with Vibrate? Recently, if your contributions to the platform amounted to less than $10, they ate it all and you got nothing for helping them build the database. THAT happened on a platform mostly built by artists.

• @u0421793 said:
    Many of you in the past have mentioned crypto

Sorry to cloud the thread, just a few thorns on the topic. Probably Stickers&TShirts are the way to go.

• One of the downsides of torrents is that even if you're using it in a legal and legitimate manner for distribution, a lot of ISPs will throttle the data rate to the point where it's not worth it. At least in terms of being easy to use for the public and not going with say a private tracker.

• @Tarekith said:
    One of the downsides of torrents is that even if you're using it in a legal and legitimate manner for distribution, a lot of ISPs will throttle the data rate to the point where it's not worth it. At least in terms of being easy to use for the public and not going with say a private tracker.

That’s interesting.

• What I find interesting about BitTorrent is that in the background and away from the attention it first attracted (the widespread file sharing thing – some usages were naughty, others, innocent and legit) it seems to have become a kind of decentralised standard plumbing. It has uses for music https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent#Film,_video,_and_music among other industrial uses, and it seems to me that this kind of thing could develop into the mainstream means of distribution, given a bit of thought.

My criticism as some of you know regarding things like Choon is that it seems to me to be mainly ‘artists only’ in that the only people likely to even have an account are those trying to get you to listen to their music. It’s less likely that mainstream listeners wanting to listen to music (familiar music, not totally unknown music, that is) are going to sign up.