Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Times are tough for hardware; I went to guitar center and I remember the old days where you couldn’t even talk in there from all the noise and stuff; was soo sad to see hardly anyone on a weekend!😲😳

Kids are more into instagram and other social media or video games.
    I think parents need to start their kids back into music before video games get their creative brains frozen.

• "Rather than releasing more and more products, we want to ensure that users are getting the most out of our current products through a connected and unified experience."

Sounds like they're planning to slow, or stop development of new products, and instead squeeze more money out of what they already have. Subscription time, no doubt.

• I should know better, but it is always surprising to me how stories in the "consumer press" completely adhere to the corporate framing of stories like these. That it's a tough business these days, and the only way to deal with the fact that NI overextended or had muddy marketing or no plan at all is to just sever the livelihoods of 30 percent of the employees. But don't worry, readers, the product line will carry on.

• edited September 2019

😊Btw... previously discussed here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34530/is-native-instruments-getting-out-of-hardware/p1

(But if NI goes subscription.... then i go. Selling off everything. Subscription works more often for the seller than the consumer, imho. Some of the subscription stuff in the app store especially photo editing and such... one wonders if the devs hope the person just forgets they are paying $5 a month or whatever... )

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Times are tough for hardware; I went to guitar center and I remember the old days where you couldn’t even talk in there from all the noise and stuff; was soo sad to see hardly anyone on a weekend!😲😳

Kids are more into instagram and other social media or video games.
    I think parents need to start their kids back into music before video games get their creative brains frozen.

FWIW, i haul my kids into Guitar Center whenever i get a chance. They’re so tolerant of them banging on the drums.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I should know better, but it is always surprising to me how stories in the "consumer press" completely adhere to the corporate framing of stories like these. That it's a tough business these days, and the only way to deal with the fact that NI overextended or had muddy marketing or no plan at all is to just sever the livelihoods of 30 percent of the employees. But don't worry, readers, the product line will carry on.

I think that's true of journalism and the press in general these days.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    I should know better, but it is always surprising to me how stories in the "consumer press" completely adhere to the corporate framing of stories like these. That it's a tough business these days, and the only way to deal with the fact that NI overextended or had muddy marketing or no plan at all is to just sever the livelihoods of 30 percent of the employees. But don't worry, readers, the product line will carry on.

NI management are full of crap and this is all sugar coating, every big feature that users requested for Maschine was developed, and beta tested and then dumped by management, and that is just the wasted effort on one single product, it had audio tracks, never released, it had a linear arranger, never released, the standalone version halted the day the production line was due to roll, the list goes on and on, all the wrong people have been sacked.

• That guy is pushing for a rotator cuff surgery.

• Mistakes were made.

• @kinkujin said:
    That guy is pushing for a rotator cuff surgery.

😁

• Audio tracks are there now.

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Mistakes were made.

I took the blame.

• @MonzoPro said:
    "Rather than releasing more and more products, we want to ensure that users are getting the most out of our current products through a connected and unified experience."

Sounds like they're planning to slow, or stop development of new products, and instead squeeze more money out of what they already have. Subscription time, no doubt.

I think you’re right. Sounds.com must’ve showed em something. I think they’ll focus on having influencers and artists curate kits and sell em infinitely for %1 of the development cost of new products. Once I saw sounds from some Maschine expansions not to long ago, that I had originally purchased years ago, I knew it was curtains.

• @auxmux said:
    Audio tracks are there now.

Audio tracks are where now? Maschine?

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

I spent a good hunk of my last Guitar Center visit leafing through a hefty book on ... techniques to impress people when jamming at your local guitar store. :D

I guess it makes sense. More and more, it seems like about the only place you can still find anyone who still cares about guitar playing.

• @auxmux said:
    Well, indirectly re: audio tracks. https://cdm.link/2017/12/maschine-audio-arrives-heres-get/

That is nothing like audio tracks, Maschine beta had full developed linear audio tracks and arranger, they where removed in favour of that audio plugin, because it would generate loop sales.

• edited September 2019

@Turntablist said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

NI management are full of crap and this is all sugar coating, every big feature that users requested for Maschine was developed, and beta tested and then dumped by management, and that is just the wasted effort on one single product, it had audio tracks, never released, it had a linear arranger, never released, the standalone version halted the day the production line was due to roll, the list goes on and on, all the wrong people have been sacked.

this
    unfortunately they are the type of company to serve chicken at a wedding when they know everyone wants beef, no amount of money is going to change that.