Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Alchemy update info.

Hi Morris,

Thanks for writing. The next update for Alchemy Mobile will indeed include Audiobus support. I cannot say yet when the update will be out, but we're wrapping up the remaining issues and we expect it won't be too much longer before it is ready for release.

Chris ========================================== Camel Audio Support

Comments

• Wow, that would be so sweet. They have such a cool app.

• edited February 2013

Awesome! Been waiting for this one as well. Thanks for the update. :-)

• WoW!! it's really good news....it's my favorite synth....I have a question: I must buy a Pro upgrade for AudioBus?

• Morris thanks for posting that info :-)
    Looking forward to the update!

• edited February 2013

@Nu2moro and AkaMarko You are welcome. This update also includes the addition of more traditional instruments to the Alchemy arsenal. This is a great app. Can't wait. @Sinapsya as far as I know the Pro upgrade in Alchemy was for external midi, but it wouldn't surprise me if AB support is included in the pro upgrade. At any rate Alchemy is well worth the $14.99 pro upgrade.

• I have the pro version, does this mean these new sounds are free or still in app purchased packs available to pro users?

• edited February 2013

I believe the new sounds are part of the free update, but don't quote me on that. There are other sound packs that are for sale now as in app purchases.

• I wish someday we can have the ability to create out own patches. Alchemy's 4-oscillator grain/additive/va/sampler engine is easily the most powerful on iOS so far. It's a minor tragedy that we have no direct access to it.

• @PhoenixOne4 yeah true, but you can download Alchemy player from the Camel Audio website, it's free, you just have to log in. Then load it up on pc or mac and upgrade to pro as a free trial. Then you have four weeks to make sounds which you can import into IOS. ;-) Would be better if you could do it from ios too but I see the motivation.

• We got Alchemy when it first got released, also had the free version on PC. The iPad version sound is top notch and with all the iap sounds its just amazing and although editing is limited it is still a very powerful synth..But even though you can record and bounce and copy and paste its real use was as a synth you would use live or record into external hardware..We have all the recording gear and stuff, but we like the idea of being able to do everything inside the iPad. When Audiobus came out I deleted Alchemy and concentrated on the apps that worked, plus with all the iap's and the pro version it takes up nearly 2 gig of space, now thats a lot for a synth that's alot for a synth not being used.So the fact that it' now going on the bus makes me very very happy and will be installing it again...We have an iPad 2 so I hope it runs nice and smooth...Just a couple more things, we also have sample tank and that runs a gig of memory, but the sounds are awsome and it has afour track recorder so you AC/AP your work into say Cubasis and work from there, but it's still not the same as have AB compatability so that may also have to go for the time being...check out our youtube channel for some interesting stuff..just serch thesoundtestroom

• edited February 2013

@Soundtestroom Not so soon. IK posted they are near to getting on the bus. Also for some reason ST is working via midi in Cubasis now. Check out Amplitude post.