Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Oh well. Instead of making a KeyStep Pro they basically made a KeyStep Lite lol

• edited September 2019

Yeah, ummm, what's the point of this? I looked at product page and was like huh why?

• edited September 2019

Embedded cable! Wow! :p

• Well it’s pretty cheap for someone who is buying their 1st keyboard or a spare to carry around all the time.

• @auxmux said:
    Yeah, ummm, what's the point of this? I looked at product page and was like huh why?

It's properly aimed at the budget conscious casual bedroom producer who's always on the go, and who also plays the keyboard professionally with all two fingers and...

Prophet 6 $2,799
    Rytm $1,599
    Allen & Heath ZED-12FX $599
    Eventide Space $499
    27in iMac $1,999
    AudioFuse Studio $899

… Approximately $8,394 Worth of studio equipment (not including software)

• @audiblevideo said:

@auxmux said:

It's properly aimed at the budget conscious casual bedroom producer who's always on the go, and who also plays the keyboard professionally with all two fingers and...

Prophet 6 $2,799
    Rytm $1,599
    Allen & Heath ZED-12FX $599
    Eventide Space $499
    27in iMac $1,999
    AudioFuse Studio $899

… Approximately $8,394 Worth of studio equipment (not including software)

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I actually like the idea of having a controller that's so compact it easily fits behind your keyboard and in your bag... If only it had had just a few rotary knobs, embossed like the OP-Z ones to keep it portable/not so fragile. But maybe it can be hacked to map shift+pitch/mod strip to arbitrary CC values to give us two "knobs"/faders.

• Damn, guys. Not everyone is a pro. Some folks just want a simple 25 key unit to kick off. It's for a specific target. I'll prob scoop one for my lil nephew.
    And @Zaubrer Keystep Pro is still on the way.

• edited September 2019

It seemed to plug directly into the ipad? If it comes with a direct keyboard to lightning port cable, that' pretty interesting for, what, $75?

EDIT: Never mind. It's a fixed USB cable, so that moment at :15 in the video when it seems to plug directly into the iPad? That's a metaphor, apparently; camera connection kit required.
    And it's $89.

So let the bashing continue.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It seemed to plug directly into the ipad? If it comes with a direct keyboard to lightning port cable, that' pretty interesting for, what, $75?

EDIT: Never mind. It's a fixed USB cable, so that moment at :15 in the video when it seems to plug directly into the iPad? That's a metaphor, apparently; camera connection kit required.
    And it's $89.

So let the bashing continue.

That was clearly not an iPad with Mini V.
    I've also never seen a controller with lightning out.

• Clearly not? What would it be then?
    My iRig pads came with a USB-to-lightning cable, but I'll admit they're rare.

• edited September 2019

Interesting that they used Moog’s Model D iPad app to promote their new controller, instead of their own iMini app. They’ve clearly (officially) abandoned their iPad apps. :(

Edit: I stand corrected; it’s not an iPad with Model D. Damned wretched eyesight.

• edited September 2019

Likely Surface Pro. I don't get why you would need to get cheaper than Keystep which frankly should be $99.

• Pluses:

Included software
    Sub $100
    Same keys as minilab (which are pretty playable)
    Chord memory
    about 1lb
    Fits in a backpack

I wasn't necessarily 'bagging' on it. I just thought it was funny they choose all that gear to show off a inexpensive keyboard. Missed the mark in my mind which is the portable and bedroom producers.

• edited September 2019

I thinks its so funny manufactures keep making a 88 key piano into a bite size snicker bar. What the hell am i supposed to do with that. The keyboard in my iPad pro is the same size lol give me some fold out connectable shit with different midi functions

• Can we get a modular midi controller already lol its 2020 in a few months for music sake. Roli is trying I give them that

• This looks cool. It has the pretty-excellent keys of the Keystep, and it's super-portable. Perfect for non-keyboard players who want to play on something nicer than, say, the Digitone's keys.