Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How close to Pro Tools is Auria Pro in terms of editing audio and automation etc?

Im curious to know how close the precision editing is in Auria Pro, im using Audio Evolution and after trying Cubase and several other ios DAWS i stuck with AE because of 3 reasons, 1 Editing is simple and 2 it has bus channels (limited but good) 3 it is available for iPhone as well., but Pro Tools is far beyond more powerful then anything on a ios when it comes to tedious editing of automation on a track, even Logic Pro lacks the precision Pro tools offers till this date....and i PT will be IOS some time this year or they will at least announce this.

So im curious how good is Auria Pro, i yet to see a video detail the automation and audio editing on any youtube video.

Comments

• @GavrielProductions said:
    Im curious to know how close the precision editing is in Auria Pro, im using Audio Evolution and after trying Cubase and several other ios DAWS i stuck with AE because of 3 reasons, 1 Editing is simple and 2 it has bus channels (limited but good) 3 it is available for iPhone as well., but Pro Tools is far beyond more powerful then anything on a ios when it comes to tedious editing of automation on a track, even Logic Pro lacks the precision Pro tools offers till this date....and i PT will be IOS some time this year or they will at least announce this.

So im curious how good is Auria Pro, i yet to see a video detail the automation and audio editing on any youtube video.

It is quite good. It isn't ProTools. The automation editing is pretty good but how acceptable it is to you will depend a lot on what sorts of automation edit you do -- and how attached you are to your existing workflow.

A lot of the loudest voices of disgruntlement are from people hoping to recreate their desktop editing experiences on iOS. That isn't going to happen. Many people happily adjust to the limitations and find themselves compensated in other ways.

Some folks start tracks on iOS in AP and use AAF export to complete projects in Logic or ProTools. I haven't done that myself. I have heard that ProTools is sometimes finicky with AAF import -- and have seen someone report that they export AAF from AP and import into Logic and re-export as AAF to get the files into ProTools. But that is just a single data point.

How people like AP, depends a lot on being willing to accept its conventions or not. Reading the manual is essential (it is short) as it has some conventions that some find unintuitive.

• edited December 2019

Not close is what i see