Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gospel Musicians Releases iFX Rack for AUv3 and In-App Options

Comments

• WTKWTK
    edited September 2019

@TimRussell said:
    V pleased with this, thanks Jamal.
    Along with the 50% off the FAC mobile bundle it’s been a good day for iOS FX!

Word!

And it would be cool if you you could separate the iaps from the default ones too.

• edited September 2019

@richardyot said:

Having bought the app and actually calculated the cost of the individual IAPs my total comes to $44.84, which is why I was asking about a bundle.
    >

Great respect GM as developers. This, however, too much for me. )-:

• Will this go universal?

• Good time to put your other apps on sale? I missed the introductory offer on Pure Synth Platinum as I was on holiday.

• I like it a lot, haven’t bought any of the IAPs yet but I’m impressed with what comes with it. I am really loving the light cpu hit as well. I’ll be able to go really overboard with my guitar and portasound plugged in

• edited September 2019

@gregsmith said:
    Will this go universal?

Would love to know this too..? Would be great to create and share presets between iPhone and iPads.. 🎵🎸🎧

• A bundle would be nice and also a simpler way to simply understand what is and isn’t an IAP purchase. Randomly choosing FX and seeing some are included and some aren’t isn’t very efficient imo. I always support u guys so if 40-50$ is the price of admission I’d just like to know it without all the IAP FX mystery.

That said. The 5$ Included intro gets you a lot of value and mileage. Congrats on the release and I hope your app does great!

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    A bundle would be nice and also a simpler way to simply understand what is and isn’t an IAP purchase. Randomly choosing FX and seeing some are included and some aren’t isn’t very efficient imo. I always support u guys so if 40-50$ is the price of admission I’d just like to know it without all the IAP FX mystery.

That said. The 5$ Included intro gets you a lot of value and mileage. Congrats on the release and I hope your app does great!

Thanks so much....Will talk to the team about the bundle.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    A bundle would be nice and also a simpler way to simply understand what is and isn’t an IAP purchase. Randomly choosing FX and seeing some are included and some aren’t isn’t very efficient imo. I always support u guys so if 40-50$ is the price of admission I’d just like to know it without all the IAP FX mystery.

Thanks so much....Will talk to the team about the bundle.

Excellent.

I would love to see a filter bank IAP as well.

• Just bought it.

So far so good.

Reverber are my favorites.

Imho the complete app is priced too high for someone, like many of us, who has hundreds of similar fx app.

• edited September 2019

@GospelMusicians

Where do I find the IAP’s ? Are they supposed to be in Settings/Download ?

• @White said:
    @GospelMusicians

Do a long press on any of the rack slots. Choose an effect. If that effect is not already included, you'll have a chance to purchase it.

• @DavidEnglish said:

@White said:
    @GospelMusicians

Do a long press on any of the rack slots. Choose an effect. If that effect is not already included, you'll have a chance to purchase it.

Thanks 😊

• The auto wah is pretty sweet and is included in the basic app.

• @gregsmith said:
    Will this go universal?

We have plans for ALL of our apps to be universal, but we are releasing all iPad versions first.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Just bought it.

So far so good.

Imho the complete app is priced too high for someone, like many of us, who has hundreds of similar fx app.

Would you be so kind as to list the exotic places reverbs?

• @GospelMusicians wow!!! This is excellent

• @GospelMusicians and please add the missing phaser!

• Does this fx rack sound really good?
    I’m almost sure it does,but....
    I’m really tempted by this one.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Just bought it.

So far so good.

As soon as I return home I'll take a screenshot with the list.

• edited September 2019

So do you run often into frustration situations when going through it because you don’t have the specific fx and additional purchases are needed?

• @UnoWoo said:

@richardyot said:

Having bought the app and actually calculated the cost of the individual IAPs my total comes to $44.84, which is why I was asking about a bundle.
    >

Great respect GM as developers. This, however, too much for me. )-:

Are you sure you need all of the iap’s? If you have another AUV3 fx app like virsyn’s AudioFX you can use that on top.

I see myself being satisfied with the base app but the question is, does it sound good on an electric guitar? There’s no other guitar fx AUV3 app to speak of so not much competition. Good move @GospelMusicians

• @Charlesalbert said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    Just bought it.

So far so good.

As soon as I return home I'll take a screenshot with the list.

Thanks!

• @flo26 said:
    Does this fx rack sound really good?
    I’m almost sure it does,but....
    I’m really tempted by this one.

I am also curious about the quality of the speaker cabinet IAP

• It would be nice with an in-depth demo of each effect + IAPs on their own :)
    Most FX-Unit sounds 'amazing' in combo-mode when all the effects are used to create a 'wall of sound'.
    (I'm keeping a close eye on the Korg NTS-1 for processing my external synths prior to sampling them).

• @david_2017 said:
    So do you run often into frustration situations when going through it because you don’t have the specific fx and additional purchases are needed?

All I wish is there was an indicator next to the FX in the popup to show if it's been purchased or not. It's mildly of annoying to have to add it, see that it's not purchased, then replace it with something else. Listing the price next to it if it needs to be purchased would be all it would take.

• @supadom said:
    I see myself being satisfied with the base app but the question is, does it sound good on an electric guitar? There’s no other guitar fx AUV3 app to speak of so not much competition. Good move @GospelMusicians

I seem to be pretty poor at reflecting the consensus on guitar amp sims around here, so I'm not going to try to definitively answer that one.

However, after a quick run-through with the presets that use the non IAP preamp, I thought it was pretty good once I followed it with Rooms and a few cabinet IRs. In particular, I was able to nail one of my "holy grail" tones, Santana's Samba pa Ti tone, pretty well. Without the Rooms IR, I didn't like it much.

I also liked the included Spring reverb - not so much for springiness, but as a nice overal guitar reverb. And the included chorus sounded really good IMO.

I plan to wait until there's more knowledgeable feedback before going for IAPs for use with guitar though.

• @wim said:

@supadom said:

I seem to be pretty poor at reflecting the consensus on guitar amp sims around here, so I'm not going to try to definitively answer that one.

However, after a quick run-through with the presets that use the non IAP preamp, I thought it was pretty good once I followed it with Rooms and a few cabinet IRs. In particular, I was able to nail one of my "holy grail" tones, Santana's Samba pa Ti tone, pretty well. Without the Rooms IR, I didn't like it much.

I also liked the included Spring reverb - not so much for springiness, but as a nice overal guitar reverb. And the included chorus sounded really good IMO.

I plan to wait until there's more knowledgeable feedback before going for IAPs for use with guitar though.

Which IR did you use in Rooms to complete it?

I was hoping that maybe the iFX cabinet sim would be good by itself -- as I'd like to streamline -- something to cabinetize the direct feed from my guitar amp.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@ToMess said:
    Can you load your own impulses to convolution verb and are there some limitations?

This is coming soon :) to another APP.

Nice! Really looking forward to it :)

Will it be just for reverb IRs or also suitable for a cab etc sim?

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

@espiegel123 said:

Which IR did you use in Rooms to complete it?

I was hoping that maybe the iFX cabinet sim would be good by itself -- as I'd like to streamline -- something to cabinetize the direct feed from my guitar amp.

The one I liked best was a mesa-boogie cabinet I got from the huge 7deadlysins IR pack from osirisguitar.com.

It was just a quick text to see if cab IRs improved things. I would prefer to use the IFX cab sim if it sounds good too.