Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - September 2019

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

Comments

  • My contribution for the month, created in NS2 and Auria. Lyrics in the spoiler.

    Tell me when you lied
    And tell me where you hide
    I saw you dream there for a while
    I saw you hide behind a smile

    It took years to discover, the best part of you
    You can't say, you won't say, but we both know it’s true

    I found you, long ago
    You were only a shadow
    I watched you blossom over time
    Water turning into wine

    It took years to discover, the best part of you
    You can't say, you won't say, but we both know it’s true

    I met you once, long ago
    I know you now, don't let me go

    It took years to discover, the best part of you
    You can't say, you won't say, but we both know it’s true

  • My friend Bohdan Wasyl Galczyk passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, August 8, 2019. He was a close friend and top Canadian musician. We were making music together since nearly 10 years. We met before any collaboration by Internet with the first mp3 websites in early 2000 (amp3.com) where we exchanged musics. We never met physically (too far, not enough money) but we made 5 albums together and we were still planning new tracks. My thoughts go to his family and his wife Irena and I think that he's still playing and listening sounds somewhere. He stays in my heart. To share this month is a recent music we made.
    https://soundcloud.com/kit-bo/i-cry-in-time-to-your-heart?in=kitusai/sets/bohdan-kitusai

  • Today seems like a good day to post this track. A collaboration between Wales and France to show that not all us Brits want out of Europe in fact some of us would rather like to stay in it. @Kitusai sent us a country tinged guitar riff/ jam and asked if we would like to do something with it. We chopped it up and added a chorus and some vocals and this is the result. Its been a fun experience working with someones else ideas. Thanks Thierry for letting us use your great guitar playing for this song.

  • @Kitusai said:
    My friend Bohdan Wasyl Galczyk passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, August 8, 2019. He was a close friend and top Canadian musician. We were making music together since nearly 10 years. We met before any collaboration by Internet with the first mp3 websites in early 2000 (amp3.com) where we exchanged musics. We never met physically (too far, not enough money) but we made 5 albums together and we were still planning new tracks. My thoughts go to his family and his wife Irena and I think that he's still playing and listening sounds somewhere. He stays in my heart. To share this month is a recent music we made.
    https://soundcloud.com/kit-bo/i-cry-in-time-to-your-heart?in=kitusai/sets/bohdan-kitusai

    Sorry to hear about the death of your friend.

    There's a nice and varied vocal melody there, although at times it feels like it's competing with the guitars, I would prefer a more call-and-response interplay between the vocal and the guitar rather than having them playing simultaneously (just so they don't fight each other so much). The vocal is a little raw in places but that actually suits the feel of the song.

    The production and dynamics are good, and the intro is very cool. Mix and production are top-notch.

  • @orchardman said:
    Today seems like a good day to post this track. A collaboration between Wales and France to show that not all us Brits want out of Europe in fact some of us would rather like to stay in it. @Kitusai sent us a country tinged guitar riff/ jam and asked if we would like to do something with it. We chopped it up and added a chorus and some vocals and this is the result. Its been a fun experience working with someones else ideas. Thanks Thierry for letting us use your great guitar playing for this song.

    This is really great. The guitar intro from @Kitusai has a strong Mark Knopfler vibe to it, with a dash of Neil Young thrown in. The format of guitar and vocals really works here, with the guitar sections breaking up the vocals. Those guitar lines are really good, and set the tone for the rest of the song beautifully.

    The vocal melody is excellent again, this is something that has really become a huge strength in your songwriting, I think you two could easily become a songwriting duo for some big country artists, the songs really are that good.

    My only crit is that the ending doesn't really live up to the rest of the song, it feels like it fizzles out.

  • @richardyot Thank you for the feedback. I think I understand about the call and response interplay. Personally I like this kind of "density" though. Btw I made this music (except guitars) essentially on iPad.

    @richardyot The Best Part of You has this personal pop signature I like very much each time. It reminds me many musics I like but with a personal "touch" or "charm". Maybe on this one the global sound is a bit too much blurred (the kind of Rhodes chords have too much basses?).

    @orchardman I like very much what you made with Thierry and saying that you know how much I'm impartial :)

  • @richardyot said:
    My contribution for the month, created in NS2 and Auria. Lyrics in the spoiler.

    Tell me when you lied
    And tell me where you hide
    I saw you dream there for a while
    I saw you hide behind a smile

    It took years to discover, the best part of you
    You can't say, you won't say, but we both know it’s true

    I found you, long ago
    You were only a shadow
    I watched you blossom over time
    Water turning into wine

    It took years to discover, the best part of you
    You can't say, you won't say, but we both know it’s true

    I met you once, long ago
    I know you now, don't let me go

    It took years to discover, the best part of you
    You can't say, you won't say, but we both know it’s true

    Another good song Richard with great overall production. Loved the intro and I liked the dirty Rhodes piano you used. Only criticism is that I’m not a big fan of sound effects in the middle of songs. Don’t mind them st the start or the end but I don’t think your song needed them in the middle.

    Very quiet on here again this month. Seems to be a lot of people talking about making music on the forum but not many prepared to post their stuff. It’s a pity because I find the feedback
    I get from this thread has been a great help over the years.

  • @Kitusai said:
    My friend Bohdan Wasyl Galczyk passed away unexpectedly on Thursday, August 8, 2019. He was a close friend and top Canadian musician. We were making music together since nearly 10 years. We met before any collaboration by Internet with the first mp3 websites in early 2000 (amp3.com) where we exchanged musics. We never met physically (too far, not enough money) but we made 5 albums together and we were still planning new tracks. My thoughts go to his family and his wife Irena and I think that he's still playing and listening sounds somewhere. He stays in my heart. To share this month is a recent music we made.
    https://soundcloud.com/kit-bo/i-cry-in-time-to-your-heart?in=kitusai/sets/bohdan-kitusai

    Loved this. Really strong song with some really interesting rhythms and textures. Great overall production, lovely vocal and some cool guitar playing.

  • @orchardman said:
    Another good song Richard with great overall production. Loved the intro and I liked the dirty Rhodes piano you used. Only criticism is that I’m not a big fan of sound effects in the middle of songs. Don’t mind them st the start or the end but I don’t think your song needed them in the middle.

    Thanks for the listen and the feedback. With the sound effects I'm trying to combine regular (and tightly arranged) songs with soundscapey elements, which is why I've been including found sounds into my songs recently. Maybe the idea still needs some finessing, but I'd like to see where I can take it.

    @orchardman said:
    Very quiet on here again this month. Seems to be a lot of people talking about making music on the forum but not many prepared to post their stuff. It’s a pity because I find the feedback
    I get from this thread has been a great help over the years.

    Yes, I don't think that many forum members are really into songs anymore, and many of the old hands have dropped out. I'm carrying on though because for me it's been an amazing journey and I don't want it to stop.

  • @richardyot said:

    @orchardman said:
    Another good song Richard with great overall production. Loved the intro and I liked the dirty Rhodes piano you used. Only criticism is that I’m not a big fan of sound effects in the middle of songs. Don’t mind them st the start or the end but I don’t think your song needed them in the middle.

    Thanks for the listen and the feedback. With the sound effects I'm trying to combine regular (and tightly arranged) songs with soundscapey elements, which is why I've been including found sounds into my songs recently. Maybe the idea still needs some finessing, but I'd like to see where I can take it.

    @orchardman said:
    Very quiet on here again this month. Seems to be a lot of people talking about making music on the forum but not many prepared to post their stuff. It’s a pity because I find the feedback
    I get from this thread has been a great help over the years.

    Yes, I don't think that many forum members are really into songs anymore, and many of the old hands have dropped out. I'm carrying on though because for me it's been an amazing journey and I don't want it to stop.

    Yes definitely carry on with this. Hopefully now that summer is over we will get more posters. The format of the forum these days doesn’t help with each comment on a thread moving that thread to the top. It’s doesn’t take long for for the song of the month thread to disappear onto the later pages. Perhaps we need to go on every now and than and add a comment to bump the thread into the front page.

Sign In or Register to comment.