Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit Synth One - 60 FREE Presets with an Ozrics/Ambient flavour - by Spidericemidas.

Comments

• @raimundoarriagada said:
    idk how to install the presets T_T

Yep as @Paul16 says, get the file into your dropbox first. You can’t use the “open in” option straight from dropbox as you would normally for most other imports. You have to have Synth One open and the preset list window open which shows an “Import Bank” option on the right. Press that and your iPad’s file browser will open. Dropbox should be listed there. Select it and then select the Synth One file. It will then install into Synth One’s Bank library.

• @MonzoPro Jeez, The Crept in Deptford. Good times and many (and as you note hard to clearly print to mind now :)

• I was having a hard time installing these but then I realized I was in Audiokit D1 and not SynthOne haha

Thanks for the presets!

• @Spidericemidas said:

@id_23 said:
    @Spidericemidas thank you! Takes me back to tripping sodbury .... club dog and the crypt! Also @LeonKowalski brilliant track, reposted and followed!

Great times, yes! Still have all the old vinyls and cassettes of Treatment, Mandragora, Oroonies, Ullulators, Magic Mushroom Band, Psi Nukli, Sundial....psychedelia seemed to enjoy a wonderful resurrection back in the late 80s early 90s.

Ship of Fools, The Bevis Frond and many bands from Delerium Records the guys who gave us Porcupine Tree

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    I was having a hard time installing these but then I realized I was in Audiokit D1 and not SynthOne haha

Thanks for the presets!

Yeah, I struggled with it at first too when testing out the link to make sure it worked before posting it. I was trying the usual way of “open in” straight from the dropbox file, and the only option showing up was D1.

Glad you got them installed and hope you have fun playing with them and tweaking them further.

• I grabbed these also. Very cool, and always appreciate a nod towards the Ozrics.

• @Crawlingwind said:
    I grabbed these also. Very cool, and always appreciate a nod towards the Ozrics.

👊😎🙏

• Thanks man!!! I really love these presets! Tapping favorites so much! Thank you for such a wonderful gift! Also you’re gifted with such impressive sound design! Blessings to you!🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️☝️

@Spidericemidas said:

@Simon said:
    Thank you Spider!

Cheers! ✌️😎

• Thanks for ur help !!! :) @Spidericemidas @Paul16 ! will try today

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Thanks man!!! I really love these presets! Tapping favorites so much! Thank you for such a wonderful gift! Also you’re gifted with such impressive sound design! Blessings to you!🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️☝️

@Spidericemidas said:

@Simon said:
    Thank you Spider!

Cheers! ✌️😎

Hey hey! That’s great to hear! Thanks for the praise and I appreciate the feedback!
    Have some fun with them! 🙏🕷

• @Spidericemidas said:

@id_23 said:
    @Spidericemidas thank you! Takes me back to tripping sodbury .... club dog and the crypt! Also @LeonKowalski brilliant track, reposted and followed!

Great times, yes! Still have all the old vinyls and cassettes of Treatment, Mandragora, Oroonies, Ullulators, Magic Mushroom Band, Psi Nukli, Sundial....psychedelia seemed to enjoy a wonderful resurrection back in the late 80s early 90s.

that little sociosonic bubble in space time was a truly wondrous thing to behold, recalling it often makes me honoured to have been witness *gets a bit misty eyed

• Indeedly
    For context...

@Paul16 said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@id_23 said:

that little sociosonic bubble in space time was a truly wondrous thing to behold, recalling it often makes me honoured to have been witness *gets a bit misty eyed

• I was able to get them into Audiokit D-1, but cannot get them into Synth One. All I get is tones... Turning on the Arp and or Sequencer just sequences a tone this is obviously not meant to make. If designed for Audiokit Synth One, it’s odd they wouldn’t wotk there, but work in Audiokit D-1. So I’ve followed the instructions to download from Dropbox and use Import Bank in Synth One. Same problem over and over. Anyone?

• @rackersr Do they actually play in d1??? That's kinda cool if they do hehe I have them working on synth one on my iPad

• @reasOne said:
    @rackersr Do they actually play in d1??? That's kinda cool if they do hehe I have them working on synth one on my iPad

Hey. I would think it’s impossible for a Synth One bank to work sensibly in D1, if generating any sound at all. D1 uses a completely different sound source than Synth One. The two synths have quite different architecture too.

• Mine downloaded just fine, opened in Synth One, just get weird tones, arp and seq off, first 4 notes only in sequencer. It’s called Spidericemidas Sequences.bank.json. The only thing that seemed odd is that it’s a .json file. Is that right?
    Synth One doesn’t show as an option to Open in... like D-1 does, so importing the bank is the only way to get something into Synth One. Looks like they’re supposed to be the same Patches, though. Same names for the most part, but if I double check I may find a few differences. I just deleted it from Synth One, unless it’s as simple as a config issue or setting. If it really works in Synth One, I’d like to get it working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• @Spidericemidas Sorry, I have this bad habit of proving the impossible is sometimes possible. If I had the time to do a screen recording or a screen shot, I would. Any chance I got another file with patches you’re working on for D-1? I love the patches, by the way... but only in D-1. In Synth One, they sound little different than what you get from a frequency generator, if any.

• Even more interesting is that in D-1, I have two banks with the sequences. In bank A, preset 21 is called The Great Expanse. In the following bank, the names match until 21, where preset 21 is called Aerial Gathering. Played both, they are different presets. There could be others, one was all I needed to know they weren’t identical copies. Am I living in the future waiting for everyone to catch up? Is this something Spidericemidas hasn’t even done yet? Have I been living on the edge so long, I fell off...

• Screen capture of D-1 with Spidericemidas Sequences in view. Note the two banks with the two variations. Hope that helps.

• In Synth One, preset 21 is called Aerial Gathering, and all the presets are identical if set to the same octave. Nothing like D-1.

• @rackersr said:
    In Synth One, preset 21 is called Aerial Gathering, and all the presets are identical if set to the same octave. Nothing like D-1.

Interesting. The “open in” method straight from dropbox will not work correctly with Synth One. The only Synth that shows up with this method is D1.

The Synth One file has to be saved to dropbox first. Importing has to be done from Synth One via its “Import Bank” function on the right when the preset browser is open. Pressing this will open the iPad file browser window where dropbox should be visible (you need to have already granted access to the file browser to read your dropbox, and it will show up in the file browser). Select dropbox, and it will open. Then point it to wherever you saved the Synth One file and select the file to complete the import process.

If you’re still having problems after using the above method, just let me know, and I will create another link here for you to try.

Yeah, it’s not the normal “open in” process from dropbox with Synth One. That doesn’t work properly. It has to be done from within Synth One with the “Import Bank” function, and the file must first be saved to your dropbox.

Hope that helps! 🤞

• You can also just copy the file into the synth one folder on the iPad, then import it. This is how I did It.

• @rackersr said:
    @Spidericemidas Sorry, I have this bad habit of proving the impossible is sometimes possible. If I had the time to do a screen recording or a screen shot, I would. Any chance I got another file with patches you’re working on for D-1? I love the patches, by the way... but only in D-1. In Synth One, they sound little different than what you get from a frequency generator, if any.

Lol no worries! They definitely shouldn’t sound like a frequency generator in Synth One 😅

Doug did a live stream of the Synth One bank on his YT channel so you can hear what they should sound like, and he explains how to install them.

• I followed his video and tried it before I tried anything else. Like I said, they sound great in D-1, in Synth One all presets are the same tone generated for the same note and octave setting. All of them.

• @rackersr said:
    Screen capture of D-1 with Spidericemidas Sequences in view. Note the two banks with the two variations. Hope that helps.

See the attached to see them in D-1... They sound Great in D-1, all presets produce the same tone, some are different octaves, but if set to octave 0, or any other, the tone is the same for all presets in Synth One....

• The patches in the image on your D1 are indeed my previous soundbank made specifically for D1.
    If you are saving the Synth One bank to your dropbox in the same way as you would have saved the D1 bank...and importing the same way...is it possible that the D1 bank link is still saved in your dropbox and you are accidentally trying to load that one into Synth One instead of this new one? Might seem a silly question, but just to eliminate all the possibilities.

Both D1 and Synth One bank files might be highlighted and active in dropbox when you go to import to either Synth, because when trying the regular “open in” method from dropbox with the Synth One bank, I notice it actually shows D1 as the destination, which of course is wrong. Very weird and confusing, I know!

It’s interesting because a number of people who were trying to download the Synth One bank link from Doug’s channel, were finding that it wasn’t working right for some reason. So I directed them all to this original thread on ABF (which I posted here before Doug broadcast the demo), and they all reported back that they were able to get the bank from here with no further issues.

One further guess...if you’ve already saved the Synth One file to your dropbox, found that something wasn’t working, so then tried to download and save it again to your dropbox for another attempt without deleting the first file, it might be that dropbox has automatically applied some extra digit to the second file so as not to overwrite the file already there...thus rendering the second link useless.

I’m just guessing at possibles here as I can’t figure out what is going wrong in this particular case.

Never fear! Matt Fecher will include this new bank in Synth One’s library on the next update. So all is not lost.

• @MonzoPro said:

Saw their first gig too at Stonehenge in 84, with about six other people.

Thanks for the presets!

woooow :o I saw them two times live and had a real blast !

• @Spidericemidas said:
    The patches in the image on your D1 are indeed my previous soundbank made specifically for D1.
    If you are saving the Synth One bank to your dropbox in the same way as you would have saved the D1 bank...and importing the same way...is it possible that the D1 bank link is still saved in your dropbox and you are accidentally trying to load that one into Synth One instead of this new one? Might seem a silly question, but just to eliminate all the possibilities.

Both D1 and Synth One bank files might be highlighted and active in dropbox when you go to import to either Synth, because when trying the regular “open in” method from dropbox with the Synth One bank, I notice it actually shows D1 as the destination, which of course is wrong. Very weird and confusing, I know!

It’s interesting because a number of people who were trying to download the Synth One bank link from Doug’s channel, were finding that it wasn’t working right for some reason. So I directed them all to this original thread on ABF (which I posted here before Doug broadcast the demo), and they all reported back that they were able to get the bank from here with no further issues.

One further guess...if you’ve already saved the Synth One file to your dropbox, found that something wasn’t working, so then tried to download and save it again to your dropbox for another attempt without deleting the first file, it might be that dropbox has automatically applied some extra digit to the second file so as not to overwrite the file already there...thus rendering the second link useless.

I’m just guessing at possibles here as I can’t figure out what is going wrong in this particular case.

Never fear! Matt Fecher will include this new bank in Synth One’s library on the next update. So all is not lost.

I will delete everything in Synth One, delete the file from Dropbox and try again.
    Just to confirm, the Synth One bank is the link at the start of this thread, correct?

I’ll go ahead and assume so and see what happens...

• Got it!! Deleted from Dropbox and Synth One, clicked link in start of this thread, saved to a folder.
    In Synth One selected Import Bank... and had to fiddle with Dropbox a bit before my files appeared.
    When they finally showed up (several minutes of futzing), I selected the file, hit the Download icon, and
    there they are.
    Not sure where the ones in D-1 came from, unless Doug’s initial link sent me to D-1 files, as I’m pretty sure my initial
    Download was through the link he provided in the how-to video. That’s all I can come up with... Whatever, instructions for anyone else who may have had the same issue are spelled out for what worked for me.

• @rackersr said:
    Got it!! Deleted from Dropbox and Synth One, clicked link in start of this thread, saved to a folder.
    In Synth One selected Import Bank... and had to fiddle with Dropbox a bit before my files appeared.
    When they finally showed up (several minutes of futzing), I selected the file, hit the Download icon, and
    there they are.
    Not sure where the ones in D-1 came from, unless Doug’s initial link sent me to D-1 files, as I’m pretty sure my initial
    Download was through the link he provided in the how-to video. That’s all I can come up with... Whatever, instructions for anyone else who may have had the same issue are spelled out for what worked for me.

Ah ha! Excellent! Suspicions confirmed. Yeah I was pretty sure my link at the start of this thread was working correctly for Synth One, as I had tested it myself before posting it here to make sure it was working.

You came by the ones for D1 too in the process somehow? well, that’s a bonus, I guess! Interesting. I only tested my own link here and not Doug’s link.

Glad you got them installed eventually after all the runaround. 👍