Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music apps which support (qwerty) key bindings....?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2021

@brambos said:

@auxmux said:
    I'd love a midi AU that converts QWERTY to midi, so I could use a keyboard with AUM.

I wonder if Mozaic could do this? cc @brambos

At this point it doesn't. Keyboard events were not so useful in the past (e.g. because you couldn't get separate press and release events, just a single keypress event). Not sure if that has changed in the meantime?

This works...at least on Mac as far as I know.
    Edit: I rechecked and I think I was wrong. It seems always like a single event. Mmh, not sure exactly, f.e. in Logic I see a velocity and velocity release event when using the keyboard, so there is at least a way for software to handle this.
    But I find midi via a physical keyboard still way better to play expressive while on touch screens I mainly like the kind of polyphonic X/Y movements.
    Indeed half of the time I use a computer keyboard to play my tools.

• @brambos said:

@auxmux said:
    I'd love a midi AU that converts QWERTY to midi, so I could use a keyboard with AUM.

At this point it doesn't. Keyboard events were not so useful in the past (e.g. because you couldn't get separate press and release events, just a single keypress event). Not sure if that has changed in the meantime?

Yep, it has. There is now both key up and key down notification.

Might have a minimum iOS version though, I'm guessing. It's been awhile since I looked up the API.

• We can add N-Track and Audio Evolution to the qwerty list. :smile:

• @brambos said:

@auxmux said:

I think qwerty would be enormously useful for many. Maybe not for the actual playing of notes, but for transport control and general daw control, muting, fx, etc… ! I’d LOVE to be able to gluegun this guy on my midi keyboard for the transport controls alone.