Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

No sound coming out of camera kit 3, only out the headphone jack.

I have the iPad Pro 10.5 with the usb camera connector kit 3 coming out the lightning port, the usbcord going into a powered usb hub. Out of that I have my bherrenger hd404.. then my headphones plugged into the audio interface. Don’t get any audio anymore out the interface. I checked everything on that and seems to be the same as always. When I move the mix knob I can hear my instruments but when I move it back I still don’t hear my iPad.
This just started today and the only different thing I’ve done was install Stella visuals and where it asked to select where my audio is coming from (microphone, files,iTunes, dummy) I changed it from iTunes to files.
When I put the audio jack back into the headphone jack I hear audio. But plugging the usb connector kit back in I get nothing.

Anybody know what could be going on here?
Thank for any suggestions

Comments

• Have you tried unplugging and re-plugging the CCK and the hd404? The last "audio device" plugged in becomes the current device. If you plugged your headphones into the iPad jack, it may have taken over as the audio device. As far as I know, this only happens if you have a mic in your headphones, but it could in other circumstances.

Also, have you tried restarting the iPad? This is a good thing to try if not.

Lastly, did you perhaps update to 12.4.1 or 12.4.2 just before it started. 12.4.1 introduced some issues with audio devices.

• edited September 2019

Thanks. I forgot about audio devices taking over. This might be what’s happening. Yeesh.

I have a mic plugged into the usb hub but not on my headphones. Maybe that’s it.
    I did restart the iPad a couple times. I am still on 12.4.

Soon as I get home I will try unplugging these couple of things. Had an emergency at the moment and had to drive somewhere

• wimwim
    edited September 2019

If you have a USB microphone, it's probably being recognized as the audio device, especially if you plugged it in after the hd404. There can only ever be one active audio device with iOS. The last one recognized wins.

• Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

Try turning up the volume manually on the iPad itself when the 404HD is plugged in.
    Try also changing the buffer settings and toggle the measurement mode of and on.

• Thanks guys! It works now but idk what I did that got it going.
    I noticed I didn't have my USB mic plugged in.
    I just unplugged all the USB cords and unplugged the hd404 and even tried changing buffer settings in AUM. Something switched it back. Wish I knew what caused it and how to avoid it because it wasn't the mic since that hasn't been plugged in for a while because I use my guitar in the hd404
    .crazy iOS. Ty

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Thanks guys! It works now but idk what I did that got it going.
    I noticed I didn't have my USB mic plugged in.
    I just unplugged all the USB cords and unplugged the hd404 and even tried changing buffer settings in AUM. Something switched it back. Wish I knew what caused it and how to avoid it because it wasn't the mic since that hasn't been plugged in for a while because I use my guitar in the hd404
    .crazy iOS. Ty

I can almost guarantee you it was the mic. That mic is seen as an audio interface. So is your hd404. Only one wins. The mic was winning until you unplugged it, then the hd404 was recognized.

If you want to find out, plug the USB mic back in. I'll bet your hd404 stops working. Then unplug and plug in the hd404 and it'll probably start working again, but the mic will not.

Anyway, glad it's working, but you might want to see if you can find the cause so you'll know what to do if/when it happens again.