Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Dawless toe dipping

12346»

Comments

• @gregsmith said:
    You’re right about the side chaining - I did it using Bleass sidekick. I triggered it with an otherwise silent midi drum track in Xequence 2 which was routed straight to AUM and into sidekick from there. That allowed me to have a Xequence track that could include some, all, or none of the drum hits. Not exactly the same as routing the actual drum audio through a compressor, but close enough for what I needed.

Ah cool, thanks for explanation. I think you did it really nicely. I've been so fed up with over-the-top side chaining that plays on radio these days, pumping so much it makes me dizzy. You did it as it is supposed to be done, which is basically clearing dynamic space for other sounds, without being too much in my face, yet it is still there. Well done.

• @tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

And as mentioned earlier, Xequence 2 has a double life anyway and actually IS already very similar to NS2, but the audio features are cleanly separated from the sequencer and hidden behind a switch (in code), so nobody has to be afraid of interference there -- as long as that switch is disabled, Xequence stays true to its pure and focused sequencer personality ;)

(when I make music nowadays, I make it completely "in the box" in Xequence 2, including all sounds, effects and mastering. Not even AUs. The modular synth can really do anything anyway if I'm not too lazy to wire something up, and as all FX modules are available both as inserts AND as modules inside the modular, I don't think there's a lot of stuff that can't be done inside that box :)) But for my conservative 4/4 EDM, I don't need anything fancy anyway :D )

This is already implemented?!?
    :o

And can be activated by a switch / toggle?

Is that already available in the betas?

No it's not, but I could possibly drop a beta with the switch enabled "just for the heck of it" some day. Let's see :)

• @hellquist said:

@gregsmith said:
    You’re right about the side chaining - I did it using Bleass sidekick. I triggered it with an otherwise silent midi drum track in Xequence 2 which was routed straight to AUM and into sidekick from there. That allowed me to have a Xequence track that could include some, all, or none of the drum hits. Not exactly the same as routing the actual drum audio through a compressor, but close enough for what I needed.

Ah cool, thanks for explanation. I think you did it really nicely. I've been so fed up with over-the-top side chaining that plays on radio these days, pumping so much it makes me dizzy. You did it as it is supposed to be done, which is basically clearing dynamic space for other sounds, without being too much in my face, yet it is still there. Well done.

Thank you. That was completely my intention, just to cut out some space for the kick and snare to come through. The good thing about sidekick is that you have a separate instance per track, so can adjust each one according to the content of that track.

• @SevenSystems said:

@tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

And as mentioned earlier, Xequence 2 has a double life anyway and actually IS already very similar to NS2, but the audio features are cleanly separated from the sequencer and hidden behind a switch (in code), so nobody has to be afraid of interference there -- as long as that switch is disabled, Xequence stays true to its pure and focused sequencer personality ;)

(when I make music nowadays, I make it completely "in the box" in Xequence 2, including all sounds, effects and mastering. Not even AUs. The modular synth can really do anything anyway if I'm not too lazy to wire something up, and as all FX modules are available both as inserts AND as modules inside the modular, I don't think there's a lot of stuff that can't be done inside that box :)) But for my conservative 4/4 EDM, I don't need anything fancy anyway :D )

No it's not, but I could possibly drop a beta with the switch enabled "just for the heck of it" some day. Let's see :)

Can you add me to the beta program please? 😂

• @SevenSystems said:

@tja said:

@SevenSystems said:

:) <3 o:) >:) B)

• @SevenSystems said:
    And as mentioned earlier, Xequence 2 has a double life anyway and actually IS already very similar to NS2, but the audio features are cleanly separated from the sequencer and hidden behind a switch (in code)

Sounds like ‘Alice in Wonderland’ so I could fall down the rabbit hole and find the audio tracks.
    Looking forward to the next chapter