Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why was the ‘are human beings insane’ discussion closed?

There was no reason given @LinearLineman- there was a few acknowledgments then- boom! closed- I would just like to know why you closed it? Why?

Comments

• My client pleads innocent by reason of insanity.

• Murphy's law made it go away.

• I’m really getting sick of today’s snowflake shite. What happened here? Did you lose your bottle or what happened? Give us the reason.

• @robosardine, I closed it because anyone who wished to make a pertinent comment seemed to have made one. The conversation had devolved into a spat between two posters. It was neither informative, humorous or compassionate. I can, however, reopen it if there is something you would like to say.

• Personally, I do not like to see the closing of threads unless things get abusive. Who knows what pearls of wisdom might still be in draft? Just let it roll and it will slowly submerge into the deep forum waters for future fishermen to hook back up another day.

• @gusgranite said:
    Personally, I do not like to see the closing of threads unless things get abusive. Who knows what pearls of wisdom might still be in draft? Just let it roll and it will slowly submerge into the deep forum waters for future fishermen to hook back up another day.

I agree.

Closing it ends the discussion prematurely.

Such questions can require deep thought.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @robosardine, I closed it because anyone who wished to make a pertinent comment seemed to have made one. The conversation had devolved into a spat between two posters. It was neither informative, humorous or compassionate. I can, however, reopen it if there is something you would like to say.

Yes there is. Let it run till it requires to be closed just like any other. What about those that are late to the party? Does someone now decide when a thread has run it’s course? There are plenty of more juvenile spats on other threads- but they still run. Why don’t you deal with the individuals in question if they have overstepped the mark- rather than shut down the discussion? I have had a shot across my boughs for what I thought was justified comments in the past.
    Get a grip on this- closing it for no apparent/justifiable reason is wrong on many levels.
    Get it back open please.

• edited August 2019

Was enjoying posts from all those with alternate perspectives. Also, trying to make point concerning what is ‘show’ and what is ‘real.’ Some people see only surface. Not get that it just part of character. :)

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

There used to be a "sink" feature. When applied, it kept the thread open, but wouldn't raise the topic in the list when new posts happened. That seemed like a good compromise for borderline threads in my opinion. It allowed the (usually few) still interested parties to have at it, while not annoying those who weren’t, or encouraging those who just want to fan the flame wars.

I don’t know if this is still a feature on the vanilla forums. It might be looking into though, @LinearLineman.

Michael used to provide a brief explanation of why he sunk a thread, along with hints how to keep it from getting closed. Sure people who feel their opinions should matter to everyone still got pissed off, but not so much, really.

• @robosardine said:

@LinearLineman said:
    @robosardine, I closed it because anyone who wished to make a pertinent comment seemed to have made one. The conversation had devolved into a spat between two posters. It was neither informative, humorous or compassionate. I can, however, reopen it if there is something you would like to say.

Yes there is. Let it run till it requires to be closed just like any other. What about those that are late to the party? Does someone now decide when a thread has run it’s course? There are plenty of more juvenile spats on other threads- but they still run. Why don’t you deal with the individuals in question if they have overstepped the mark- rather than shut down the discussion? I have had a shot across my boughs for what I thought was justified comments in the past.
    Get a grip on this- closing it for no apparent/justifiable reason is wrong on many levels.
    Get it back open please.

+1

@LinearLineman
    It seems completely wrong to spuriously shut down a thread that you created TO BE provocative.

Few people are able be a participant and a referee; you are especially ill-suited to this role. You enjoy being a gadfly too much. You tend to start engaging, click-baity threads, regularly goosing them with prompts to drive them back up to the top of the forum. Which is fine! It encourages healthy discussion. It’s never dull.

But this leaves you in a poor position to judge when a thread has derailed. It may have wandered in a direction that doesn’t have anything to do with your intended discussion. SO BE IT.

Reopen the thread.

• @ExAsperis99, the thread is reopened. As for the rest of what you say....

• Humanity is saved! Omg, that was close.

• Whoot! Let the inanity continue!

• @wim said:
    Humanity is saved! Omg, that was close.

@AudioGus said:
    Whoot! Let the inanity continue!

Nuff said...

• open for business.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@robosardine said:

@LinearLineman said:

Get it back open please.

+1

@LinearLineman
    It seems completely wrong to spuriously shut down a thread that you created TO BE provocative.

Few people are able be a participant and a referee; you are especially ill-suited to this role. You enjoy being a gadfly too much. You tend to start engaging, click-baity threads, regularly goosing them with prompts to drive them back up to the top of the forum. Which is fine! It encourages healthy discussion. It’s never dull.

But this leaves you in a poor position to judge when a thread has derailed. It may have wandered in a direction that doesn’t have anything to do with your intended discussion. SO BE IT.

Reopen the thread.

It’s probably safer to support this post in silence, but I think it’s important to add that I agree with this.

Nothing on the Audiobus forum is going to save humanity or solve any real problems. Nearly everything we address on here is trivial, so I’m not exactly sure why wanting the thread to stay open is viewed as excessive.

• edited August 2019

@DCJ. It is not. I reopened it and, after five minutes thought, resigned as moderator.

You can please some of the people all, all some, but not all all. A.L.

• @LinearLineman said:
    open for business.

Lol, I was actually thinking of posting Dr. Lucy at one point too.

I never thought it was such a bad little thread. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.

• @LinearLineman Much respect to you for approaching this with equanimity.

• @AudioGus, agreed. The world is not flat, but some feel they always have to see what might be comin’ for them.

• @DCJ, thanks. There are a lot more serious things going on.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @AudioGus, agreed. The world is not flat, but some feel they always have to see what might be comin’ for them.

• @AudioGus said:

@LinearLineman said:
    open for business.

Lol, I was actually thinking of posting Dr. Lucy at one point too.

I never thought it was such a bad little thread. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love.

LOL - I love Lucy - and Peanuts - and Vince Guaraldi's soundtracks for all their TV specials.. some of my favourite mood music.. it just makes you wanna - skate on ice.. :D

• @LinearLineman said:
    @DCJ. It is not. I reopened it and, after five minutes thought, resigned as moderator.

I think that’s an excellent decision. You are far more valuable as a wit and sage than as a hall monitor. It was an impossible position to have put yourself in.

• @LinearLineman said:

I think you should step back into
    being a moderator it is part and parcel of the role.
    You will get flack and yes, you can't please everyone.
    Sometimes people don't want or need to be pleased.
    Sometimes people need to vent.
    There are some rather important things going on in the world at the moment
    which I shan't mention but I will say that this forum is a safe haven
    and there are bound to be disagreements.

Step up, don't flake out.

Still, I respect your decision and your choice.
    I think many around here do.

• @ExAsperis99, I am not above the law, but neither am I beneath it (no, not him, me). I actually don’t agree with playing the “Hey, you’re the mod” card. But I prefer it not to be added to the list of why I shouldn’t be saying what I am saying.

And thank you for the compliment. You are an interesting fellow who doesn’t deserve the knee jerk reactions you sometimes inspire (at least from me).

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@LinearLineman said:

I think that’s an excellent decision. You are far more valuable as a wit and sage than as a hall monitor. It was an impossible position to have put yourself in.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think anyone who is engaged in the discussions should be a moderator. I can’t imagine anyone here could do a better job than @LinearLineman; it’s just an impossible task.

• Whatever goes down we are all fond of the @LinearLineman
    I like the term sage and does this mean the gloves are off?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Whatever goes down we are all fond of the @LinearLineman
    I like the term sage and does this mean the gloves are off?

Who ever said the gloves were on. ;)

• Why does the now reopened thread not jump to the top of the list when new contributions are made to it??