Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioShare Hour Glass Bug

Has anyone else been plagued by an ongoing issue of an hourglass bug in AS? An hourglass icon suddenly comes up in the middle of using the app. If you ignore it then eventually it blacks out the screen forcing the user endless closing & reopening of the app as the thing keeps coming back again and again. A real PITA when your tying to trim or export samples. Not a new bug but an unfixed one. A nice AS update could not be more timely or welcomed. I have reached out to the Dev. No response.

Comments

• edited August 2019

I have a similar thing when using it as output in AB, never works, gave up on it, not a developer I have ever had any useful contact with in the past.

• edited August 2019

The only google search results I’m seeing about an hourglass icon are about screen time.

Apparently disabling notifications on an app will fix this.

Settings->scroll down until you see AudioShare and you can access the notification settings

Hope this helps!

• Thanks for your feedback T! Yeah I am kinda in the same boat with the Dev. Have a great long weekend, Elektrik Diva

@Turntablist said:
    I have a similar thing when using it as output in AB, never works, gave up on it, not a developer I have ever had any useful contact with in the past.

• Thanks so much BGS! I should have searched the net myself! I tried to turn off everything but the mike in the settings but the hourglass just came back! Urgh!! Worst thing is the DEV knows about it, and worse it’s not even a new issue. Thanks so much for trying to help me with this. You absolutely guys rock on here! My go to resource on everything iOS musicmaking. Have a great weekend, Elektrik Diva

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    The only google search results I’m seeing about an hourglass icon are about screen time.

Apparently disabling notifications on an app will fix this.

Settings->scroll down until you see AudioShare and you can access the notification settings

Hope this helps!

• edited August 2019

No worries at all @ElektrikDiva
    Sorry to hear this didn't resolve things, I would be lost without AudioShare :(

I'm surprised that @j_liljedahl hasn't responded, he is usually very generous with his time and even helps other developers to fix things in their apps.

This does seem to be an Apple related bug from the limited research I did earlier on. Hope you get a solution soon!

Edit: I'm just wondering if turning off screen time in settings might be worth a try?

• Thanks much BGS! Yes I use my AS daily. I am surprised as well. I just checked and I never had the screen time function turned on! Thank you for your thoughts on this. The Dev is aware of this bug as he told me so and I am hoping that he will fix it sooner rather than later as this has been going on now for years! Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• Weird - been using AS since it came out and never experienced the hourglass. Only issue I have is sometimes after I've played back a bunch of samples - the waveform display will stop working/crash? and kinda get 'stuck' on the last one and only display that waveform even when I've selected new sample.

• @Halftone said:
    Weird - been using AS since it came out and never experienced the hourglass. Only issue I have is sometimes after I've played back a bunch of samples - the waveform display will stop working/crash? and kinda get 'stuck' on the last one and only display that waveform even when I've selected new sample.

Now that one I have seen.
    Never seen the hourglass.

I hardly ever record directly in AS, I mostly record in AUM. I use AS as my audio/midi file manager mainly.

• Sounds like more than one bug to me. Never seen the waveform display bug on playback. It’s been 11 months since the last update so it could use another TLC one. Thanks for sharing your info guys! Cheers, Elektrik Diva