Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Quiet Sea

Three ambient minutes using AUM, Sunrizer, Mitosynth, FMPlayer, iGrand Free and lots of TB Reverb...

Comments

• Sounds great man! And mitosynth is so rad!! Do you have @Spidericemidas presets for it? They are amazing!
    Really digging this piece!

• Lovely. I returned Mitosynth cause it wasn’t AU, but great sounds.

• @reasOne said:
    Sounds great man! And mitosynth is so rad!! Do you have @Spidericemidas presets for it? They are amazing!
    Really digging this piece!

Thanks! Yeah, @spidericemidas presets are great! The Sunrizer sounds are his...

@LinearLineman: I've begged Wooji Juice to make it AUv3... :)

• That's a good one. That TB Reverb sounds dreamy. I've been holding back but it deserves some hands on "testing".

• edited September 2019

Lovely! Well done! It sounds like you might have a Shimmer Reverb applied to the main bell sound? I really like this! 😍👍

I spoke to Mitosynth’s dev last year. Unfortunately no plans to ever make Mitosynth AUv3. The code architecture is just too old for it to be feasible to convert to AUv3. So sad!

• Sounds like a walk through land of Fey. Top work.

• @LinearLineman @lasselu I love the endless possibilities for sound design with Mitosynth. I still use it a lot. It is amazing!

It’s a pity the dev will never be able to convert it to AUv3, but, did you know that there are other ways to get around its IAA limitations for having multiple instances in a track? If you use Cubasis, you can record Mitosynth on an audio track. Then simply remove it completely from the track and drop it into another audio track, record, remove, and so on....

You can also do this in AUM by recording Mitosynth as audio, then load up another channel as audio and have it play the recording. Then you can change the sound in the Mitosynth track and record again as audio, drop the recording into another audio channel in AUM, and so on....

🕷🙏

• Thanks, @Spidericemidas. It may be I have just become too spoiled. Easier just to use one of the great AU synths available.

• edited September 2019

Yeah, the whole AU is better than IAA thing is overstated, IMO. If you have a piece of hardware you can generally only use one instance at a time (multi timbral synths aside) and need to record it to get around that limitation.

• @Spidericemidas said:

I spoke to Mitosynth’s dev last year. Unfortunately no plans to ever make Mitosynth AUv3. The code architecture is just too old for it to be feasible to convert to AUv3. So sad!

Noooooooo... :s

@Spidericemidas said:
    It’s a pity the dev will never be able to convert it to AUv3, but, did you know that there are other ways to get around its IAA limitations for having multiple instances in a track? If you use Cubasis, you can record Mitosynth on an audio track. Then simply remove it completely from the track and drop it into another audio track, record, remove, and so on....

Yeah, that's pretty much how I work...

And again, @spidericemidas, your presets for Mitosynth and Sunrizer are awesome!

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Yeah, the whole AU is better than IAA thing is overstated, IMO. If you have a piece of hardware you can generally only use one instance at a time (multi timbral synths aside) and need to record it to get around that limitation.

Ah yes! Exactly. A point that seems to be missed a lot these days. I think many people forget how music was made extremely successfully for generations before computers and software plugins.

I came from a hardware background. Guitar, analogue synths, Drum Machines...recorded onto a 4-Track cassette recorder. They could only ever be one instance at a time in the recording process. Having this background and appreciation is probably why I am not at all bothered if something is not AUv3. There are workarounds, and much easier than they used to be...just do it the old traditional way as had to be done with all hardware. Why limit one’s own choices and miss out on certain great apps just because they are not AUv3?

Did The Beatles have AUv3 when they recorded Sgt. Pepper? Did Pink Floyd have AUv3 when they recorded Dark Side of the Moon? No. Lol.

🕷👍

• @LinearLineman said:
    Thanks, @Spidericemidas. It may be I have just become too spoiled. Easier just to use one of the great AU synths available.

Yes indeed, we are all very spoilt for choices these days. It really is amazing what we have at our musical disposal these days. I feel so lucky to be around at this time to be able to experience the current technologies. It’s a wonderfully interesting and rewarding journey! 😊🎧🎹🎛

• @lasselu said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Spidericemidas said:

And again, @spidericemidas, your presets for Mitosynth and Sunrizer are awesome!

@lasselu said:

@Spidericemidas said:

@Spidericemidas said:

It’s great to hear something where my presets have contributed. What you’ve made here is exactly what I had envisaged for them.
    I’ve been tinkering with my Mitosynth and Sunrizer presets in AUM in the same way for something ambient and generative using the Rozeta Particles and Atom as the drivers, making a live jam out of it.

Keep up the great work! 🕷🙏👍

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Keep up the great work! 🕷🙏👍

You too!

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Did The Beatles have AUv3 when they recorded Sgt. Pepper? Did Pink Floyd have AUv3 when they recorded Dark Side of the Moon? No. Lol.

True. But did have state-of-art studio and best producer in world. :) Also, huge talent. If AU3 for that is made, we all buy!

• @UnoWoo said:

@Spidericemidas said:

True. But did have state-of-art studio and best producer in world. :) Also, huge talent. If AU3 for that is made, we all buy!

Haha! Yes so true! Talent is the key, really, not just the hardware or software. And a good Producer helps!
    It would be great if there was an app for ‘Talent’ on the app store! 🤣

It is interesting. All of us here who are making our own music on iPads and Desktops, we all have to be everything in the process...musician, producer, engineer, recording, mastering. Nobody else to do those things for us. We are learning to be all those things at once. Wow, so much to learn! 😊🙏

• @Spidericemidas said:
    It is interesting. All of us here who are making our own music on iPads and Desktops, we all have to be everything in the process...musician, producer, engineer, recording, mastering. Nobody else to do those things for us. We are learning to be all those things at once. Wow, so much to learn! 😊🙏

Yes. Never stop learning. So happy when discovered Fab Filters for mastering. Presets great, so much already done. Always use number one rule: does it sound good to me. If yes, then getting it right even if not fully understand how. :)