Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe wave sample import

So i’m looking to get Korg electribe wave while it’s on sale.
however i’m not sure. It has sample import, but can you edit the start and endpoint t of the sample in app, or does it have to be trimmed perfectly before importing it?

Comments

• edited August 2019

I think it only drum sample import, no editor in the app.

• i was afraid of that

• I dont own gadget so maybe it works differently there? Maybe someone else can comment on that.

• i would think it would function the same in gadget but i’m not sure

• WTKWTK
    edited August 2019

@eross said:
    So i’m looking to get Korg electribe wave while it’s on sale.
    however i’m not sure. It has sample import, but can you edit the start and endpoint t of the sample in app, or does it have to be trimmed perfectly before importing it?

I just tried it because of your post and it is not possible to trim the sample within Electribe. And you can only import samples within the drum sampler. So no wavetables afaik. Anyways, within Gadget you have Bilbao for one shot samples and this one can trim samples in a basic manner (Start/end).

• @[Deleted User] said:
    I dont own gadget so maybe it works differently there? Maybe someone else can comment on that.

The drum parts aren’t in the gadget, only the synth. So, no import. But as mentioned above, Bilbao fills that role.

• Exactly; at first I was bummed but realized it’s actually better and it sounds amazing in Gadget! Still wrapping my head all around so many options and workflows! Really we are so blessed to have so many options!

@wim said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    I dont own gadget so maybe it works differently there? Maybe someone else can comment on that.

The drum parts aren’t in the gadget, only the synth. So, no import. But as mentioned above, Bilbao fills that role.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Exactly; at first I was bummed but realized it’s actually better and it sounds amazing in Gadget! Still wrapping my head all around so many options and workflows! Really we are so blessed to have so many options!

Hear hear.

• Definitely buy the wavetable sound packs, they are well designed.

• i bought it and it sounds pretty sweet. i’m glad i bought it. does anybody know how to nudge notes before or after the beat?
    and also, how do you clear patches and patterns. i’d like to start from scratch without all those factory patches

• yeah, which wavetable pack is your favorite?> @[Deleted User] said:

Definitely buy the wavetable sound packs, they are well designed.

• Faries > @eross said:

i bought it and it sounds pretty sweet. i’m glad i bought it. does anybody know how to nudge notes before or after the beat?

I don’t think you can. For drum parts (only) you can apply some preset grooves. But that’s it, unless I’m missing something.

GR-16 is a better choice if that’s where you need to go.

• @eross said:
    yeah, which wavetable pack is your favorite?> @[Deleted User] said:

If they are still on sale for a nice price i get both, i lean towards the atmos white but nothing in the two.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@eross said:
    yeah, which wavetable pack is your favorite?> @[Deleted User] said:

If they are still on sale for a nice price i get both, i lean towards the atmos white but nothing in the two.

They boost the number of good presets significantly. They really opened up the app for me.

• KEW also includes a bunch of free extra drum samples that can be downloaded inside the app.
    Some are pretty cheesy but it's a good complement to the existing samples...

• oh cool. how
    do you get to those?> @Samu said:

KEW also includes a bunch of free extra drum samples that can be downloaded inside the app.
    Some are pretty cheesy but it's a good complement to the existing samples...

• edited August 2019

Just wondering which to get:
    PPG Infinite or Electribe Wave?
    I don't need the drum or sequencer part btw.

• i don’t know about PPG infinite. I like PPG apps, they always sounds great, but are very time consuming to build sounds. I just bought electribe wave, and caught on to the workflow very quickly and the sounds are easy to setup and modulate and sound great. plus it works nicely in gadget. i would defiantly recommend it

• @eross said:
    oh cool. how
    do you get to those?

Tap on a drum sound, Tap User Tab, Tap on the + that pops up.
    Then got to 'Get Free Samples' and tap 'Download'.

Those samples will then also be available via Files.app to all other apps on your device...
    Good Luck!

• agh good tip, thanks > @Samu said:

@eross said:
    oh cool. how
    do you get to those?

Tap on a drum sound, Tap User Tab, Tap on the + that pops up.
    Then got to 'Get Free Samples' and tap 'Download'.

Those samples will then also be available via Files.app to all other apps on your device...
    Good Luck!