Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Native Instruments getting out of Hardware ?

13»

Comments

• I like their stuff and am grateful to have it.

• edited September 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I like their stuff and am grateful to have it.

+1
    On the Desktop, NI-Hardware is my way to go.
    The integration with Komplete Ultimate and other NKS compatible Plugins is just perfect! 👍

The Kontrol-S Keyboard is the best I ever used.
    I use also Kore 2 and the Guitar Rig Pedal Hardware! 😊

Everything works fine!

• @chandroji What stands are using for Maschine, Push, etc?

• edited September 2019

@auxmux
    I use a K&M 18810 keyboard Table with some additionals. For me the perfect solution for my Music-Workstation...

The table:
    https://m.thomann.de/de/km_18810.htm?o=5&search=1567440207

Additionals:
    A second stage (K&M 18811) for Maschine Hardware
    https://m.thomann.de/de/km_18811_black.htm

A K&M 18819 Plate for the second stage
    https://m..de/de/km_18819.htm

Two K&M 18815 Laptop Holder as a side stand for the Push and the 27“ Monitor
    https://m.thomann.de/de/km_18815_laptop_holder.htm

Last not least the K&M 26732 for my Fostex Monitor speakers...
    https://m.thomann.de/de/km_26720.htm?o=27&search=1567441478

👍

• edited September 2019

@chandroji said:

Everything works fine!

Niiiiice. Any gotchas using the Maschine Mk3 in tandem with the Komplete Kontrol keys? Are they basically interchangeable (as far as KK goes)? I have an S61 Mk2, but I'm going a different direction for an 88 key controller and was thinking the Maschine might make a nice remote control for Komplete pianos. I also have the Push 2 and thought the Maschine might be too redundant, to which you apparently said, "Let me raise you a Jam..."

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I tend to agree with u @SanMateo on most your points and do think the Komplete series has crawled forward at the same pace as the tectonic plates. But I do think the .nks standard and getting all the 3rd party companies on board with it was a pretty revolutionary move and the handshake it makes with their hardware is pretty nice.

Good point, I forgot about the .nks standard. I don’t use it in my workflow, but agreed on it being pretty revolutionary.

• @Liquidmantis said:

@chandroji said:

Everything works fine!

Niiiiice. Any gotchas using the Maschine Mk3 in tandem with the Komplete Kontrol keys? Are they basically interchangeable (as far as KK goes)?

Well, found on the NI forums that the Maschine hardware doesn't work with the KK app, so that means what I was hoping to do won't work.

• Update: https://cdm.link/2019/09/native-instruments-cuts/

Online platform strategy - how that works with hardware. 🤔

• Beautiful rig!

@chandroji said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I like their stuff and am grateful to have it.

+1
    On the Desktop, NI-Hardware is my way to go.
    The integration with Komplete Ultimate and other NKS compatible Plugins is just perfect! 👍

The Kontrol-S Keyboard is the best I ever used.
    I use also Kore 2 and the Guitar Rig Pedal Hardware! 😊

Everything works fine!

• "On the subject of subscriptions, we understand some people feel strongly about this. Please let me reassure you that we’re not about to charge you subscriptions for the products you already own. "

This sentence I wanted only see. Good :)

• this letter read back to back with their apology letter from a few years ago might just give a well rounded view of the company.

• There is a lot of hot air in that statement, most noticable thing about it is that it is his first ever post LOL.

• Probably because is new to that position.

• Sounds like they will be going subscription in the future for sure. That model will fail.

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Sounds like they will be going subscription in the future for sure. That model will fail.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the deals are like, but it's not an attractive model for me personally.

I've got Maschine, Komplete, a Mk3, Mikro and Kontrol keyboard here so I've invested pretty heavily into NI. Good to hear I can carry on using this stuff without spending more money to rent what I've already bought, but I very much doubt I'll be buying anything else from them from now on.

They've pretty much trashed their own brand with their recent actions, it's going to interesting to see where they go from here.

Shame, because their hardware and software are top quality gear, right up there with Ableton.

• edited September 2019

That article was sad to read @kobamoto
    NI did so much innovation way back when.
    Looks like taking that 50 million wasn't a great idea.

Wouldn't be feeling very confident about the future if I had invested much in their products!

Endlesss is the only subscription I would be happy to sign up for.
    Looking like that will be optional and will grant wav files instead of compressed audio so nobody would be excluded for not paying.

• edited September 2019

I think they are a great company that has always had an awful leader, there are some people that don't relate to or understand something and then there are those that do their best to reject any semblance of understanding, they don't even wanna understand.... that's the kind of person heading up that company Imo.

• i> @Lady_App_titude said:

They certainly do not have the greatest Trak record when it comes to orphaning hardware customers. I have a mint condition Guitar Rig 3 pedal board for sale if anyone can use it.

You know that you can use that sturdy foot controller as a normal MIDI controller as long as you keep the controller editor open on your Mac? (and attach a joystick to the two pedal inputs :D )

• Maschine is too fiddly for me to create finished songs with, but for beats and loop fodder it’s great.

Maschine works best as a sketch pad or sampler / drum machine plug in, not a full compositional tool. (IMO)...

What I love about it is the tactile nature of it, and how easy it is to make automation recording (P-Lock sort of) by holding down the 'auto write' button, the sensitivity of the pads, the quick navigation from the hardware, etc. It doesn't need a big screen because you have access to most things from the hardware.

It would be such an incredible addition to port the desktop Maschine software, even if stripped of the 'song' mode, to iOS as AU. But the hardware doesn't even work with iMaschine!! I haven't even gotten iOS to recognize my MK2 as anything but a generic midi controller missing half the buttons - so its shit at that even.

NI would really make me happy if they just gave me iOS plug and play for my S5 (Traktor on iOS is missing, well, most features) and my Maschine hardware. The whole idea of these two pieces of gear is NOT looking at the screen, but using the hardware, so its a PERFECT match for the tiny screen on, say, an iPhone.

Come on NI, we all know you hate the price point of iOS apps, but if we buy the hardware - at least let us use it on our plenty adequate pocket computers.

• I have written them several letters now about this... to which they reply, quite tersely, something to the effect of 'Not going to happen'. Gee, give a company 4 figures of my hard earned money and you'd think they would want me to keep buying more.

Not going to buy anything NI until they update their iOS compatibility. Hell, even Ableton has an iOS department working on... something that no one is talking about yet.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    That article was sad to read @kobamoto
    NI did so much innovation way back when.
    Looks like taking that 50 million wasn't a great idea.

Wouldn't be feeling very confident about the future if I had invested much in their products!

Then again, you can always 'freeze' what you have if they drop support. All my NI stuff is on an external SSD, along with a Mac OS, so I should be able to plug it in, plug in my hardware and carry on for a few years yet. The amount I paid for Komplete and the second hand controllers I use is comparable with what I'd spend on apps and iPads in a similar period, so it's par for the course, and I've got a heck of a lot of use from them. The Mk3 for example, is used daily as an audio interface, and the Kontrol keyboard is superb.

Very disappointing reading though, as their products are up there with the best. But this is what happens to a good company when the shareholders and bean counters take over.

• @scottsunn said:
    I have written them several letters now about this... to which they reply, quite tersely, something to the effect of 'Not going to happen'. Gee, give a company 4 figures of my hard earned money and you'd think they would want me to keep buying more.

Not going to buy anything NI until they update their iOS compatibility. Hell, even Ableton has an iOS department working on... something that no one is talking about yet.

Link is quite popular and Project Export is being slowly added to more apps. I'm guessing Ableton would need people to oversee that stuff.

I really don't think Ableton on iPad is going to happen!!

• edited September 2019

Yeah I've heard people are still happily using Kore 2 @MonzoPro

I think innovation at NI dropped off at some stage, years of requests for Absynth updates etc have fallen on deaf ears. Massive X doesn't seem to have received a great reaction so far.

I haven't used their stuff for a while so typing as an observer.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Yeah I've heard people are still happily using Kore 2 @MonzoPro

I think innovation at NI dropped off at some stage, years of requests for Absynth updates etc have fallen on deaf ears. Massive X doesn't seem to have received a great reaction so far.

I haven't used their stuff for a while so typing as an observer.

Massive X is really good, sounds amazing, but yeah Absynth looks like something from the early 90’s. Funnily enough I was using it yesterday though.

• I love Absynth, kinda hoping NI goes with the once in a lifetime $29 sale three times per week model.