Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is Native Instruments getting out of Hardware ?

edited August 30 in Off-topic

Anyone hear about this sounds like big bad news ? Heard there been layoffs at the company which is restructuring to software only

«13

Comments

  • Link / source / :trollface: ?

  • nburdy Twitter feed sort of mentions about it if you follow him on Twitter and Peter Kirn at CDM is pretty reliable. Something going on !

  • oh geez. I thought they were really hitting it, new products (the smallish Kontrol keyboard and the new gimmicky orange Maschine).

  • Not good news, I wonder how this will affect software support for their existing hardware.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Not good news, I wonder how this will affect software support for their existing hardware.

    @MonzoPro exactly what I was thinking Maschine users gonna be pissed if they stop sending out firmware updates.

    On the plus side time to buy Akai Novation shares !

  • edited August 30

    @MonzoPro said:
    Not good news, I wonder how this will affect software support for their existing hardware.

    I just got a flashback to when Korea 2 was abandoned. That didn’t end very well for users or NI. Surprised by this decision, the NKS thing seemed to be getting widespread adoption and Maschine is used by a lot of people.

    Think NI took a big cash investment not long ago so maybe shareholders
    decided on this?

    Edit: I’m going to leave the autocorrect in, Kore 2 was what I originally typed.

  • edited August 30

    Maybe it's just restructuring can't believe they get out of the hardware business after all the new products they put out over the last 4 years.

    Watch this space I suppose!

  • @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Edit: I’m going to leave the autocorrect in, Kore 2 was what I originally typed.

    By the way...

    My Kore 2 still works including all Kore Expansion Packs I own! 😊

  • It was talked time ago at djworx/djtechtools comment section over the latest Traktor update with some links to online business job platforms...
    I think they cut down some projects to focus on others... ATM s2/4 mk3 are best sellers at thomann (tale it as small market representative) so I don't expect full hardware division but some internal structure changes maybe...
    Less controllers, less audio interfaces (or build inside controllers) as adaptation to market shift (from professional to prosumerism so bedroom djing) and subscription model (splice and so). The negative point is about deadline and possible disruptive technology (IA) around out heads...
    Time will tell but until some CEOs get fired I suspect they are doing enough well...

  • Wow, bad news. Especially when they are pushing Maschine 10 year anniversary. Personally I think they created too many variations of their keyboards.

  • @chandroji said:

    @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Edit: I’m going to leave the autocorrect in, Kore 2 was what I originally typed.

    By the way...

    My Kore 2 still works including all Kore Expansion Packs I own! 😊

    Damn I’ve seen a few of these for €25 second hand, had assumed they were useless. Is the software still available? Lots of people praised these things and were heartbroken from what I can remember.

    I miss that spectral delay vst that vanished, the name escapes me now

    Hope the universe is treating you well? @chandroji

  • Reading between the lines it sounds more like staff layoffs which isn't good news if you work for them, rather than definite hardware products being stopped.

  • Bummer for those affected. Time to focus on upgrading Absynth!

  • They certainly do not have the greatest Trak record when it comes to orphaning hardware customers. I have a mint condition Guitar Rig 3 pedal board for sale if anyone can use it. Still, why does this make it impossible for me to resist reaching for the credit card?

  • @Lady_App_titude said:
    They certainly do not have the greatest Trak record when it comes to orphaning hardware customers. I have a mint condition Guitar Rig 3 pedal board for sale if anyone can use it. Still, why does this make it impossible for me to resist reaching for the credit card?

    I am a sucker for orange and that thing is gorgeous. But, colors won't save them if they're having problems.
    Weird, this, as just this week i've made a very serious effort at learning, really learning, Maschine and the software. sigh

  • edited August 30

    @BlueGreenSpiral
    Kore 2 is a fantastic Soft and Hardware! No other NI Soft can do what Kore 2 can do. So sad that NI decided to stop this project. I remember that everybody was afraid not able to use it anymore but NI released still updates. My Kore still works with win7, Live 10 and Komplete Ultimate 10.

    The software is still available in my NI Service Center to download...

    Everything is good @BlueGreenSpiral ! Thanks a lot for asking! 😊

  • Perhaps I can interest you in this fine piece of gear - only $100 on Ebay!

    @kinkujin said:

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    They certainly do not have the greatest Trak record when it comes to orphaning hardware customers. I have a mint condition Guitar Rig 3 pedal board for sale if anyone can use it. Still, why does this make it impossible for me to resist reaching for the credit card?

    I am a sucker for orange and that thing is gorgeous. But, colors won't save them if they're having problems.
    Weird, this, as just this week i've made a very serious effort at learning, really learning, Maschine and the software. sigh

  • Well, all I can say is, I just acquired an AKAI Fire (MIDI controller for FL Studio) and thought, what can this do that an IPad can’t do?

  • edited August 30

    to the heavy maschine users here, what are the features you guys are waiting for currently to finish up the product in your opinions?

    I think that orange is the best thing they've ever done to maschine

  • Wow, I'm in the minority, that orange is hideous.

  • imho maschine is wonderful for sound design, but the workflow is severely lacking.

  • edited August 30

    @kobamoto said:
    imho maschine is wonderful for sound design, but the workflow is severely lacking.

    I agree, the sounds (and continuously updated expansions) are inspiring, and it's great for developing initial groove concepts, but as soon as things start to get more complex and linear, I export and finish up in a DAW. But that's true of a lot of beatboxy apps for me, Gadget, Beathawk, etc...

  • @auxmux said:
    Wow, I'm in the minority, that orange is hideous.

    Yeah, it is. But it's limited... Only 100 of them will be made! Fortunately, my bank account is the great reality check.

  • @Lady_App_titude said:

    @kobamoto said:
    imho maschine is wonderful for sound design, but the workflow is severely lacking.

    I agree, the sounds (and continuously updated expansions) are inspiring, and it's great for developing initial groove concepts, but as soon as thing start to get more complex and linear, I export and finish up in a DAW. But that's true of a lot of beatboxy apps for me, Gadget, Beathawk, etc...

    for sure... well the user base has been begging them for 10 years straight to seriously address the compositional workflow issue, that's before and after the infusion of big cash to the company. Native instruments are very set in their ways but I hope they can turn it around.

  • Interesting timing. Just this week I decided to get a komplete kontrol A49 to replace my old evolution mk-something, and upgraded to Komplete 12. One of the main reasons I went with NI is because of the bundled software that includes Maschine 2.

    Love making beats with iMaschine and sending them to the desktop to expand upon. Wish iMaschine had more midi/audio bus integration, but the $0.99 sample packs can't be beat considering they are 16 bit, 44khz.

    Was considering getting a Maschine mikro, but decided it was probably worth saving up for a mk3. If anyone decides to go for the orange edition and needs to sell their old one, let me know.

  • Orange Is The New Crack.

  • love it on maschine but on the Rhodes, not so much

  • @Crawlingwind said:
    Perhaps I can interest you in this fine piece of gear - only $100 on Ebay!

    @kinkujin said:

    @Lady_App_titude said:
    They certainly do not have the greatest Trak record when it comes to orphaning hardware customers. I have a mint condition Guitar Rig 3 pedal board for sale if anyone can use it. Still, why does this make it impossible for me to resist reaching for the credit card?

    I am a sucker for orange and that thing is gorgeous. But, colors won't save them if they're having problems.
    Weird, this, as just this week i've made a very serious effort at learning, really learning, Maschine and the software. sigh

    Probably can't play that either!

Sign In or Register to comment.