Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband - Timeline View - strange the way it works

Quick Question -- Scenario: laying down notesto be triggered in GB, using a bass synth and playing F2 for 2 bars and then A3 for 2 bars, and placing it on loop....the visual representation of the notes isn't based off of where they are on the keyboard but where they are within an octave. So, playing F2 then A3, the A3 is lower when viewing the timeline, but then reverses to normal when in the editing section. This seems odd, or is it just me?

Comments

• It threw me for a loop at first but when you have chords or a clip that spans several octaves, it makes it quite a bit easier to look at IMO.

• Yeah it’s odd, I’m not a fan of it

• Best recommendation, use the rename tool and name your regions with the progressions to keep better track.

"F2 - A3" or "Fmaj - Amin6 - Dmin" or what not. It's not visually easy to remember.

• edited August 2019

They use display inversion to show all notes within the visible area of the timeline. It doesn't affect the actual placement of notes - just the display.