Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BM3 BeatMaker 3 News from Vincent

Good news on BM3 in the INTUA forum.

Comments

• Interesting at least :) :)

• I'll see if a beta drops but if I have to 're-apply for beta' then meh...

• @Samu said:
    I'll see if a beta drops but if I have to 're-apply for beta' then meh...

C’mon! We need the Samu QC! (I’m serious).

• @gusgranite said:

@Samu said:

We'll see but without M on the team it feels like I'm fighting uphill all the time and it really is draining my energy and will to contribute. But we'll see...

• I see what had happened. The beta will be released by the end of August. So the update will be another couple months possibly.

• @stormywaterz said:
    I see what had happened. The beta will be released by the end of August. So the update will be another couple months possibly.

I think it was obvious. I wasn’t expecting any news until next year to be honest

• ‘It will include few of the features we planned to add’ = Freudian. :D

• @Samu said:

@gusgranite said:

@Samu said:

We'll see but without M on the team it feels like I'm fighting uphill all the time and it really is draining my energy and will to contribute. But we'll see...

So, how are you working differently now?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

Trying to stay creative and venting ideas and issues on the official BM3 forums...
    ...but it's hard without any feedback or replies from those in charge :)

We'll see if I'm still 'on the list', if so I should get something to bite into this coming weekend...

But imagine this that you've dug thru a load of issues, they got fixed in a beta that was never released to public only to pop up in the release version and it's rinse and repeat all over again... (We're talking >50 session files with bugs and >500 mails...).

I do NOT feel like repeating that procedure all over again!

Let's keep it at that...

• edited August 2019

Intua should get it together or sell it for the users sake. This attitude is horrible, black hole of communication. Not standing behind anything.
    Its the best sampler/daw on ios. Braindead.

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

Communication and attitude are improving. Not that that's saying much, but still.

Not so many months ago, there would have been dead silence, zilch communication. At least last month Vincent indicated something on the horizon. And at least now, when the target was missed, he provided an update, and does have some kind of deliverable. That's progress.

Anyone (including Vincent) that believed there would be an actual update release in August when there wasn't even a beta test in progress was hopelessly optimistic. That was vaporware, plain and simple. But at least there's now something, apparently real, that he can actually put in people's hands.

That's reason for at least a tiny bit of optimism in my book, and does signal that Intua is at least trying to communicate, and doesn't just have their head buried in the sand. (Like an ostrich, for those not familiar with the euphemism. )

• In due time we'll hear more, I'm quite sure about that...

• @wim said:
    he provided an update

• @AudioGus said:

@wim said:
    he provided an update

😆

• wimwim
    edited August 2019

I didn't say it was a performance improvement, it's an attitude improvement. Intua def isn't the droid I'm looking for any more. :D

It's like checking in with a soap opera six months later, and you still know what's going on.

• @Samu said:

@johnfromberkeley said:

Trying to stay creative and venting ideas and issues on the official BM3 forums...
    ...but it's hard without any feedback or replies from those in charge :)

We'll see if I'm still 'on the list', if so I should get something to bite into this coming weekend...

But imagine this that you've dug thru a load of issues, they got fixed in a beta that was never released to public only to pop up in the release version and it's rinse and repeat all over again... (We're talking >50 session files with bugs and >500 mails...).

I do NOT feel like repeating that procedure all over again!

Let's keep it at that...

I guess my real question was if you are losing confidence in beatmaker 3, what are you gravitating towards now?

• @johnfromberkeley said:

I guess my real question was if you are losing confidence in beatmaker 3, what are you gravitating towards now?

I have a bit 'shaky confidence' regarding BM3 and the way it's handled but that's my strictly personal opinion.
    It might recover and if it does it's all good as we have still nothing on iOS that comes even remotely close!

I'm still ok with testing other apps, and I do it already... :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited August 2019

I've not spoken to Vincent lots, but I did have an hour-long telephone conversation with him shortly before I agreed to take over as mod on the Intua forums.

I suggest we all remain cautiously optimistic that this app can regain its status in the iOS music community, and wait to see what happens with the imminent update.

Like @Samu said, there's nothing else like it, even after 12 months of almost radio silence from the devs.

Let's try to keep the the faith, and help rebuild some love for this awesome DAW.

• @tk32 said:
    I've not spoken to Vincent lots, but I did have an hour-long telephone conversation with him shortly before I agreed to take over as mod on the Intua forums.

I suggest we all remain cautiously optimistic that this app can regain its status in the iOS music community, and wait to see what happens with the imminent update.

Like @Samu said, there's nothing else like it, even after 12 months of almost radio silence from the devs.

Let's try to keep the the faith, and help rebuild some love for this awesome DAW.

I like the cut of your jib. I am keeping the faith here, Cap'n.

• @StudioES said:

Is that really how Intua takes bug reports from the beta team? Thousands of direct emails? There has to be someone between the beta testers and the developers. With a specific testing procedure and problem-reporting template.

That is what Zendesk is used for by many...
    It serves as the source for issues discussed in meetings etc. etc.

• @StudioES said:

@Samu said:

Is that really how Intua takes bug reports from the beta team? Thousands of direct emails? There has to be someone between the beta testers and the developers. With a specific testing procedure and problem-reporting template.

There’s only one developer as far as I know, and probably well short of 20 beta testers. We’re not talking thousands of emails, we’re talking dozens.

This ain’t on the scale of desktop software development by a long shot. I’ve been on more than a few iOS beta’s - not one had testing procedures or problem reporting templates. Corporate scale engineering and beta test principles don’t really apply.

• @wim said:
    Corporate scale engineering and beta test principles don’t really apply.

Sounds dreamy.

• edited August 2019

English is not the easiest language to master and I feel for people when they say things they don’t mean to say. This one is surprisingly common and a good illustration of the subtleties that abound in English.

‘Few of the features’ means hardly any of them.

‘A few of the features’ means several of them.

‘Quite a few of the features’ means a lot of them.

:)

• edited August 2019

@winconway said:
    According to @shazaam, he said yesterday that he is currently beta testing the MacOS version on the Facebook group.

Not saying it's bullshit, because it could be true.

...but let's just say I'd sooner believe he transforms into a superhero every time he says the word "Shazam"

• @tk32 said:

@winconway said:
    According to @shazaam, he said yesterday that he is currently beta testing the MacOS version on the Facebook group.

Most developers build a desktop versions of their app for debugging and testing purposes.

I would not be at all surprised if there was indeed desktop versions of both BM2 and BM3 that were shared for testing and other purposes like sound pack creation on the desktop.

But this is in no way any 'news'. Just part of the normal development procedure...

• Agreed @Samu

But to think they'd share it with a guy that thinks NDA means Notify Dem All seems harder to fathom

• edited August 2019

@tk32 said:

@winconway said:

...but let's just say I'd sooner believe he transforms into a superhero every time he says the word "Shazam"

HA!!

although...before the initial released version of BM3 came out, there was a beta of the ios that could be 100% run on MacOS. It was just for testing purposes/preset pack makers, i believe. perhaps Vincent has given him a similar version of the new update?