Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Camelot Pro

I have turned Camelot pro into my main keyboard and AUv3 host..

It does not only allow me to create a setlist for playing live.. but also supports my hardware.. on top of that, i an really happy with the option to read sheetmusic and sheetsheets.. and switch with each scene

Now its not perfect, but they are making huge progress.. soon they will addd support for both AUv3 effects and midi tools. They where also adding IAA support and full integration with audiobus(but with ios13 comming support for IAA might be low priority). And the next step is adding support for DAW’s ..

I currently use a Virtual midi port to audiobus controll my DAW/sequencers/looper for backings and midi recordings..

Now there is no perfect tool for hosting keyboards... but this one might in the future become more powerfull then mainstage on the Mac.. from the hardware side they get huge support from yamaha but also from Korg,Roland,Nord..

So anyone else here a vivid user of Camelot pro?

Comments

• I'm waiting for AU FX, but it looks appealing otherwise.

• I have been used Camelot in live situation for months without problems. Instead of using complex configurations in Midifire for midi manipulations (changing channel, enabling apps), Camelot Pro simplifies the workflow and allows Auv3 to be automatically loaded for each song. But for song selection and program change for apps, I still use Set List Maker. An Audiobus integration would be a good improvement.

• The low number of reactions makes me think
    A) not many keyboardists have discovered the iapd as a superb sound module
    B) far to few people know Camelot Pro

• I beta tested and found the experience to be intriguing but the lack of features (AuFX as noted) and general bugs turned me off. AudioBus 3 handles all the same stuff with more features and less bugs for my use case.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I beta tested and found the experience to be intriguing but the lack of features (AuFX as noted) and general bugs turned me off. AudioBus 3 handles all the same stuff with more features and less bugs for my use case.

Try to work from a setlist... and use a midi controller to switch from scene to scene..
    And the support of midi hardware profiles?

O a single patch/setup audiobus works great
    But now imagine using audiobus with three dozens of apps
    In 60 songs of 7 scenes each..

For my workflow camelot pro adds exactly those things i missed in Audiobus

• @Bachus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I beta tested and found the experience to be intriguing but the lack of features (AuFX as noted) and general bugs turned me off. AudioBus 3 handles all the same stuff with more features and less bugs for my use case.

Try to work from a setlist... and use a midi controller to switch from scene to scene..

Well the scenes I find intriguing and they were awesome in Camelot when it didn't crash. I see how it works for your use case. AB3 works for mine for now. Will keep an eye on Camelot development though!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Bachus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

Well the scenes I find intriguing and they were awesome in Camelot when it didn't crash. I see how it works for your use case. AB3 works for mine for now. Will keep an eye on Camelot development though!

For me its stable like a rock now..

Iwill give an update here when they take the next step after summer

• Has anyone tried Camelot Pro’s current 2.0 Beta Test?
    Not sure if I just can’t intuitively figure out how to use, but can’t get much of the new features working for me..

• Looks like 2.0 just dropped.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/camelot-pro/id1326331127

This is a major upgrade, Camelot has been drastically improved since 1.x.

TIMELINE & AUTOMATIONS

• Audio Backing Tracks with dedicated Audio Output Selection and basic editing (volume, fade-in, fade-out, crop, position)

• Automations (Scene Auto Select, Auto-Play, Auto-Stop and Next Song Auto-Load)

• Markers

ITEMS

• Audio Effect plugins insert on each Layer

• MIDI Processors plugins on each Layer

• Layer Connectors: special item routing MIDI to any layer to manage

• New EDIT mode, with Drag&Drop Items reordering

LAYERS

• Templates

• Selectable Layer Audio Output

• New EDIT mode with Drag&Drop Layer reordering

• Song & Setlist Rack Override

• MIDI Monitor with channel routing highlighting on each Layer

SCENES

• Dedicated Scene Level on Mixer Panel

• Automatic Scene switching available from the Timeline

SONGS

• Dedicated Song Level on Mixer Panel

• Possibility to Export & Import Songs

• Per-Song Transpose

SETLISTS

• Possibility to Export & Import Setlists

• Improved Setlists and Songs management

• Per-Setlist Transpose

MASTER AUDIO FX

• Added Master Audio FX Section (Compressor, EQ, Delay and Reverb)

• Mixer Panel with Group Levels and Audio Channels assignments

GUI & UX

• General Improvements and Restyling

• New Scene EDIT mode

• Improved Global Menu navigation and categories

• Song management improved with more options when moving or duplicating a Song across multiple Setlists

• Improved Backup Management with Internal Snapshots and Backup to file

• Improved Search for searchable lists

EXTERNAL DEVICES (version 2.7)

• Possibility to manage multiple Devices of same model with Smart Maps

• Custom CC Dictionary for Factory Maps

• Snapshots/Scenes support for Line 6 and Yamaha devices

• Advanced Settings for communication tuning with hardware devices

• NEW Smart Maps: Kurzweil SP6, Kurzweil Artis, Line 6 Helix, Line 6 HX Effects, Line 6 HX Stomp, Line 6 POD Go, Nord Wave 2, RCF M18, Roland RD88.

ATTACHMENTS

• Introduced Layout modes: One Page / Two Pages

• Introduced Pagination modes: Single Page / Continuous

• Improved Zoom

• Added page number

REMOTE CONTROL

• Improved mapping possibilities (i.e. Layers, Items, Backing Tracks Levels)

SETTINGS

• Up to 16 Virtual MIDI Inputs and Virtual Midi Outputs (macOS & iOS)

• CPU Optimization (Beta) for Multicore Systems

• Hi there. I’m struggling to work out if I need this. I use AUM live (in the olden days) which suits my needs perfectly as I map everything with all my midi splits in It. Between each song I just load up each file which is fine. What more does this app have- I don’t need to see notation or the set list. Thanks in advance

• Does Camelot allow you to jump from marker to marker in real? For instance if I’d like to repeat a section of the song can I jump back to the previous marker in time and repeat?

• Pretty cool so far. I like it as noted in another thread for just jamming or layering lots of sounds. Faster to transpose or layers parts than using AUM. Loads things pretty quick at least on my iPad Pro 9.7 2016. Good use of spare iPad with Ableton Link.

Some limitations, no AU parameter mapping support so you'll have better luck with synths/AUs with midi learn, if you want map midi controls to parameters. Still understanding some parts like the questions above, like to jumping to sections. Haven't gotten midi AU working yet. Was trying with ArpBud. I think it didn't detect Rozeta AUs.

• Ah, no parameters, damn. That will be a bummer also if it doesn't recognise all midi AUs

• It almost sounded that this could replace a -->Xequence2 >> Audiobus >> AUM >> Cubasis<-- chain but reading some recent comments that does not seem to be the case. Or?

• edited October 2020

No, it's not a linear timeline DAW, more a companion app for playing keys by hand or tracking songs for live performance. Think of it like Apple Mainstage.

• @auxmux said:
    Haven't gotten midi AU working yet. Was trying with ArpBud. I think it didn't detect Rozeta AUs.

In the effects browser there is a slider at the bottom 'include all plug-ins' - slide that to the right to turn it on. Now Rozeta plugins can be searched for or selected.
    Some plugins will crash out, some will require "XXX BPM / Tempo & Synch" to be lit to start operating.

• Thanks @TimRussell

Another feature which would be cool, AU fx at the global level, not just at layer level.

• Could you just use this simply as a custom preset manager that incorporated multiple AUv3 sources plus pre-configured effects? I suppose that might save me some time when I find something that works particularly well, or could I just be saving that in AUM instead and save myself $20? I mean, the switching between scenes without cutting off the previous one sounds nice but not sure if I should make that my entire rationale for buying it...

• edited October 2020

Yeah, that's how I plan to use it. @oddSTAR Monster preset system.

I saw this video of Vangelis a few years ago, where in the 80s, he could control all his synths just by pressing a few buttons. I'm guessing it was all sysex commands and such, lol. This basically lets me do that. 😂

• @oddSTAR said:
    I mean, the switching between scenes without cutting off the previous one sounds nice but not sure if I should make that my entire rationale for buying it...

I would say it is the rationale for this app to make switching 'live'-proof and -convenient.
    As a consequence, all AU units in all layers for all scenes of a song will be pre-loaded. So if you have 6 scenes with 4 layers (using AU instruments) each, that will load 24 AUs upfront - and if you add in AU effects, these would also preload from all layers. Even if the same AU is used in each scene, multiple instances are loaded - one per scene.(*)
    The equivalent in AU would be creating 6 separate Mix Busses, one for each scene, and then switching between them.

(*)There also is the ability to configure lanes per song and per set, so this could be used to reduce this AU overhead.

• Reached out to developer. Midi mapping AU parameters and global fx are planned for future.

• edited October 2020

Recording of the live stream with Gerald Peter about Camelot pro.

• the only issue, and probably a main one, is it keeps "losing" network session connections...for when you want to select Camelot pro setlists and songs via MIDI from another app. The whole implementation is very flaky, well in my experience anyway!

• @pax-eterna said:
    the only issue, and probably a main one, is it keeps "losing" network session connections...for when you want to select Camelot pro setlists and songs via MIDI from another app. The whole implementation is very flaky, well in my experience anyway!

I don't see why you'd need Network Session for this. You generally don't need Network Session for midi communication between apps.

• That's been my experience in Camelot....and on the other issue I got word back from the developer, it is NOT possible to do this.