Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Wish me luck!

edited August 2019 in Other

Only a few people here know that I have been suffering from severe health problems for several months now.

From one day to the next I can only walk a few hundred meters and have a very shaky gait. At the same time my left arm became slightly numb and tingling. That goes up to my left hand! Also the right hand is a bit affected.

For a musician these symptoms are a catastrophe!
I can't play guitar, piano or other instruments anymore. The mobility of my hands is massively limited.

Meanwhile, my symptoms have been diagnosed. I suffer from a severe herniated disc in my cervical spine.

The doctors advise me to have an operation. Unfortunately, such an operation seems to involve some seriously risks. Possible complications can have serious consequences which can even lead to paralysis. So I don't know where the journey will take me.

I have always been an optimist, so I think everything will go well. 🙏

I think I will go to the hospital next week. So if you don't hear from me...

Maybe it will help if you wish me luck!

Thanks a lot mates, many greetings to all! 🙏 😊

Comments

• Good luck, man! Everything will be all right!

• I send you lots of good vibes @chandroji and I am sure everything will go well!

• Good luck.
    I will direct positive energy toward you next week.
    <3

• Chandroji, find a good doctor who has a lot of experience in this area and talk to him like a man talks to a man. All will go well.
    See you back soon!

• Thanks a lot for your good wishes @theconnactic , @AlterEgo_UK , @CracklePot and @rs2000 ! 😊
    Very much appreciated!

I think this is the most important task to find the right doctor or hospital with a lot of experience in this area @rs2000 . I live in Berlin and we have quite a lot of hospitals here. But which would be the best one?
    I had already one talk in a specialized clinic but I had no good feeling after I left. So I’m searching for the best alternative using the information on the internet.

Not an easy job... 😎

• @chandroji said:
    Thanks a lot for your good wishes @theconnactic , @AlterEgo_UK , @CracklePot and @rs2000 ! 😊
    Very much appreciated!

I think this is the most important task to find the right doctor or hospital with a lot of experience in this area @rs2000 . I live in Berlin and we have quite a lot of hospitals here. But which would be the best one?
    I had already one talk in a specialized clinic but I had no good feeling after I left. So I’m searching for the best alternative using the information on the internet.

Not an easy job... 😎

That's good. Always trust your feeling in such decisions.

• Good luck, quick recovery and best wishes from the Sierra Nevada in California!

• I have no idea how your health care system works in Germany, except that it is exceptionally good.
    I, thankfully, have not had to have any major surgeries, but if I did, I always thought Sports doctors that perform surgery on Professional athletes would be the best available. This is not based on any research, just a logical assumption.

• edited August 2019

With you the BEST, @chandroji !

iPad is there even if you cannot play the Piano, Guitar, etc.

• Chandroji, so sorry to hear about your situation. You must make sure you have the best surgeon. Don’t rush into this as it seems you are not racing against the clock. I realize it is scary. Ask the tough questions to your surgeon about his or her record, number of procedures, success rate. Inquire for the best in the business!

This is my story... one day I could not lift my right arm above mid chest. I went to a neurologist. He took xrays... cervical disc compression. Sent to a surgeon. Must operate! Before it’s too late! I was going to get it done and was scheduled, but I had been having a problem with my right back molar. I went to the dentist and had it extracted. However, the surgery was postponed cause of the infection! In the days to come I tried lifting my arm, trailing my fingers up a wall. Slowly I saw some improvement. I cancelled the surgery. Within a month or so my arm was back to normal.

Saw the neurologist.... could it have been the infection in my tooth (lots of nerves happening there)? Answer: No way. Saw the surgeon: Impossible. Asked a couple of dentists: Nope and nope. Finally, a couple of months back I told the story to a lovely dentist in Istanbul. Answer (without hesitation): Of Course!! I’ve heard of similar. Makes complete sense. So many nerves!

These bozos are invested in their game, my friend. I am not saying surgery is wrong, but you better investigate it as much as those headphones you bought a while back! Maybe even a little more!! Please!

One more story.. I have had increased tingling on the bottom of my feet for four years. No diabetes... no circulatory problem. Live with it. And spreading to my hands! Well, after prostate surgery (massive infection) and related kidney problems (due to backup of urine) I am now taking a drug to control urea levels. And, guess what... tingling almost gone now.

Again, I am not saying surgery is wrong, but surgeons got to cut or the kids don’t go to college, or that big boat don’t get no gas. There’s lots of evidence that folks live with herniated discs, no problem. The whole bad back business is somewhat dubious. It does seem to make sense... but it is up to you to take your best shot. There is a reason hospital visits are the third leading cause of death... at least in the US.
    Good luck, be hopeful and you must do your homework. The human body is amazing. Check other modalities.
    Become your own diagnostician. Work at it like hell! Just sayin’. Please keep us up to date. You are not alone ( besides, I need more album cover photos). Best, Mike

• Thank you so much @donb720 ! 🙏 😊

@CracklePot said:
    I have no idea how your health care system works in Germany, except that it is exceptionally good.
    I, thankfully, have not had to have any major surgeries, but if I did, I always thought Sports doctors that perform surgery on Professional athletes would be the best available. This is not based on any research, just a logical assumption.

The first talk I had in a hospital with a big Neurosurgery Department with 300 Operation last year. But my feeling was not so good when I left.

After a lot reading hospital reviews I found a hospital with mostly excellent reviews. It’s the „Bundeswehr Hospital“ in Berlin. In fact this is a hospital for our Military but they serve also privat people and members of the german government and Parlament. They had only 110 operations last year but very good reviews who gave me good feeling while reading.

So what to choose? A hospital with more than 300 operations vs. 100? Or the one with the best reviews?

I will call the Bundeswehr hospital these days to make an appointment for a first talk. Hope I will have a better feeling when I left them... 😊

• @chandroji said:
    Only a few people here know that I have been suffering from severe health problems for several months now.

From one day to the next I can only walk a few hundred meters and have a very shaky gait. At the same time my left arm became slightly numb and tingling. That goes up to my left hand! Also the right hand is a bit affected.

For a musician these symptoms are a catastrophe!
    I can't play guitar, piano or other instruments anymore. The mobility of my hands is massively limited.

Meanwhile, my symptoms have been diagnosed. I suffer from a severe herniated disc in my cervical spine.

The doctors advise me to have an operation. Unfortunately, such an operation seems to involve some seriously risks. Possible complications can have serious consequences which can even lead to paralysis. So I don't know where the journey will take me.

I have always been an optimist, so I think everything will go well. 🙏

I think I will go to the hospital next week. So if you don't hear from me...

Maybe it will help if you wish me luck!

Thanks a lot mates, many greetings to all! 🙏 😊

I’ve got a disc problem too, that’s causing numbness in my foot and leg, but nowhere near what you’re suffering.

Hope the operation goes well, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Hoping for the best outcome @chandroji

Must be a worrying time for you but like @LinearLineman says, you’ve got to do leg work. Harangue anyone who might have some information until you get the answer you need.

• I hope everything works out for you and that you can be back to playing and living a long healthy life.

• Best of luck my friend.

• Surgeons see surgery as the only solution; orthopedic back surgeons are the worst offenders in that regard. Take great care before letting them do this.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Become your own diagnostician. Work at it like hell! Just sayin’.

That's a very good point.
    An experienced and motivated doctor is great to have but what she/he usually lacks is enough time to spend on patiently analyzing your human being in order to find the root cause of your problem(s).
    Guess that's where the word 'patient' comes from. You need a lot of patience ;)

• Take care, try to keep moving to some degree.

• You might find some non-surgical relief with some time on an inversion table.
    It reverses the effects of gravity on the compressed disc. These tables let you slowly
    switch to an inverted position safely.

You might also get a benefit from hanging from a bar if your hands are strong.

Starting with a physical therapist before surgery is also a good approach to insure you
    don't end up with limited mobility.

• edited August 2019

And most of all @chandroji never take advice from people on any forum.. err.. you know what I mean.

• All the best wishes and good luck from Italy!

• Chandroji, so sorry to hear this. Wishing you well and the very best outcome with whichever decision you make. Good luck and keep up the positive attitude, as that is healing in itself. 🤞🍀

• edited August 2019

@chandroji - I wish I knew you better, but I do know you from your wonderful photographs!

First of all, I wish you all success with whatever course of treatment you end up following.

If you should go down the surgical path, know that it is not as bad or scary as you’re thinking. I had 3 discs removed (what’s known as ACDF procedure) about 5 years ago. I had bone spurs sort of wrapped around the spine and it was causing all sorts of issues. The surgery itself was pretty much as described, a really bad few days to 2 weeks following surgery, but managed well with medicine.

There can be a long path to recovery after though, at least for me, in that the neck is always a problem now. Pain(which is manageable usually), some range of motion issues and there are just certain things I just cannot do anymore. If I’m going to play basketball with my son, I’m going to be in pain for days. Sometimes I do it anyway. I can no longer mow my lawn (something I have always enjoyed) as that up and down, side-to-side motion just kills me. So, if you’re smart, which I am not always so, you can avoid a lot of pain.

Also, it’s common to get arthritis in the area above and below the surgery site in time.

Only you can know if it’s worth it to you. I’ve known quite a few folks who have had success in treating symptoms like yours, though not as severe sounding, with surgery. I think I’d opt for going under the knife if I was dealing with what you are, wow! But, that’s such a personal decision.

btw - I’m not advocating for surgery, I’m just recounting my experience(s).

I hope this is mildly helpful and again all the best. Feel free to PM me any time! Keep us posted.

• Wish you all the best @chandroji

• Positive thoughts and best of luck for your operation :)

• Positive thoughts and well wishes

• Best wishes.stay strong

• @McD, don't think inversion is right for this one as the disc is herniated, not compressed, and in the neck not the back.

• I wish you all the best sir. Out of curiosity have you looked into Stem Cell Therapy for this matter?

We’ve used the Stem Cell Institute in Panama for our son for a different condition, and we met a few patients with spinal injuries who were cured of their condition thru the therapy.

Not sure where you are in the world, but if you do a search for Stem Cell Therapy and herniated discs you will find some good info.

• Best of luck to you and many people will be looking forward to hearing from you again soon!