Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

145791057

Comments

  • @Carnbot yes it will step record from MIDI in...and you can also manually step recording in GRID and MIXER view, simply tapping on the sound labels.
    About AU parameters I will expose all...it's just a matter of time (preatty annoying stuff :D), so I don't know if it will be for the release this friday or just after it. Anyway you can automate from inside the app and I worked to make automation workflow fast and easy (simply swiping your finger, pinching to zoom and so on)

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    @Carnbot yes it will step record from MIDI in...and you can also manually step recording in GRID and MIXER view, simply tapping on the sound labels.
    About AU parameters I will expose all...it's just a matter of time (preatty annoying stuff :D), so I don't know if it will be for the release this friday or just after it. Anyway you can automate from inside the app and I worked to make automation workflow fast and easy (simply swiping your finger, pinching to zoom and so on)

    Sounds great, I'm pre-ordering :)
    Will it have midi out from the AU? that would be great for mixing it up with other samplers etc.

  • @Carnbot you can already MIDI out when manually playing the pads

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    @Carnbot you can already MIDI out when manually playing the pads

    That's good, but is midi out from the sequencer a potential feature?

  • @Carnbot yes, but still needs some work

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    @Carnbot yes, but still needs some work

    Nice, looking forward to this, many thanks :)

  • @skoptic said:
    I’ve preordered :) Have to ask with other apps appearing- does this have timestretch?

    @ElliottGarage

  • @skoptic no timestrech. You can actually edit sample start, attack time,release time and sample length.
    Also you can pitch each sample and automate this to create melodic line (I'm working on a 'piano' view to write lines in a more confortable way).
    I will also take timestrech in consideration, depending on user demands :)

  • edited September 2019

    1

  • edited September 2019

    -

  • Probability in action! A different groove each time

  • wimwim
    edited September 2019

    @ElliottGarage said:
    .... at the moment Pulse changes immediately. I'll add, after the release, the possibility to set a different tempo for each pattern (now you can set length, swing and automations individually for each groove) and also the slew.

    Nice! I already can't wait for Pulse, but this will probably make it my top drum app.

    I just thought of something though :| ... Can an AU affect the host tempo? I think maybe not. In that case, using it that way would require using the standalone ... something I probably wouldn't do much.

    I think I may have made this suggestion without thinking it through properly. Unless - the AU can alter the Link tempo, which would then alter the host tempo (if Link enabled)? Ergh. I dunno. Glad it's not my problem. B)

  • @wim said:

    @ElliottGarage said:
    .... at the moment Pulse changes immediately. I'll add, after the release, the possibility to set a different tempo for each pattern (now you can set length, swing and automations individually for each groove) and also the slew.

    Nice! I already can't wait for Pulse, but this will probably make it my top drum app.

    I just thought of something though :| ... Can an AU affect the host tempo? I think maybe not. In that case, using it that way would require using the standalone ... something I probably wouldn't do much.

    I think I may have made this suggestion without thinking it through properly. Unless - the AU can alter the Link tempo, which would then alter the host tempo (if Link enabled)? Ergh. I dunno. Glad it's not my problem. B)

    If the host is NS2, you could speed up/slow down using that, right?

  • Beats for days...
    Sounding really good and surprisingly realistic. Cool beans! Excited for this release

  • wimwim
    edited September 2019

    @ALB said:

    @wim said:

    @ElliottGarage said:
    .... at the moment Pulse changes immediately. I'll add, after the release, the possibility to set a different tempo for each pattern (now you can set length, swing and automations individually for each groove) and also the slew.

    Nice! I already can't wait for Pulse, but this will probably make it my top drum app.

    I just thought of something though :| ... Can an AU affect the host tempo? I think maybe not. In that case, using it that way would require using the standalone ... something I probably wouldn't do much.

    I think I may have made this suggestion without thinking it through properly. Unless - the AU can alter the Link tempo, which would then alter the host tempo (if Link enabled)? Ergh. I dunno. Glad it's not my problem. B)

    If the host is NS2, you could speed up/slow down using that, right?

    I assume so. Or even if NS2 isn't the host, but has a time track running. Auria Pro could be used for this too. As long as whatever host it's in follows the Link time, I assume Pulse would follow. The more I think of it, the more I lean toward it being the host's job to manage the tempo. But it would still be awesome if EG can pull it off from the plugin. Maybe not practical though.

  • @wim said:

    @ALB said:

    @wim said:

    @ElliottGarage said:
    .... at the moment Pulse changes immediately. I'll add, after the release, the possibility to set a different tempo for each pattern (now you can set length, swing and automations individually for each groove) and also the slew.

    Nice! I already can't wait for Pulse, but this will probably make it my top drum app.

    I just thought of something though :| ... Can an AU affect the host tempo? I think maybe not. In that case, using it that way would require using the standalone ... something I probably wouldn't do much.

    I think I may have made this suggestion without thinking it through properly. Unless - the AU can alter the Link tempo, which would then alter the host tempo (if Link enabled)? Ergh. I dunno. Glad it's not my problem. B)

    If the host is NS2, you could speed up/slow down using that, right?

    yes. Or even if NS2 isn't the host, but has a time track running. Auria Pro could be used for this too.

    Ah, ok. I don’t use Auria much.

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    Probability in action! A different groove each time

    😆

    Sweet..

  • EG Pulse Premiere video!
    Today at 10:00 pst, with live chat for Q&A

  • That is some pretty cool hyping Andrea. I’ll start popping some popcorn and get my mental groove psyched up.

  • edited September 2019

    @NoiseHorse :D Wait for your tonight... And Friday is near...

  • Most anticipated app this quarter. Can’t wait. 👊🏼™️💕

  • Going live now tune into the premier

  • Can the roll be set on each pad and triggered via bluetooth midi. Also can the roll be adjusted in roll number?

  • @ElliottGarage said:
    EG Pulse Premiere video!
    Today at 10:00 pst, with live chat for Q&A

    Very nice! Much excite :)

  • Great app. Thanks for the video!

  • Are the fx X/Y pad movements recordable?

  • Thanks for the video. Looking forward for the release.
    Here a big request:

    1. Sample editing: import a large file and add transients, automatic or not, then distributing this chops between the 16 cells. I would pay IAP for this. Quite often I'm jamming with any other app, a lot of noise comes out that could easily turn into a drum kit. Or a bunch of chords into a chord progression. I could do it with BM? Yes, but I don't have it and for my needs it is overkill.

    And then smaller requests:

    1. In song mode, some kind of "times x" so I don't have to add the same pattern 4 times
    2. In pitch automation, quantise to scale (add a lot of scales, many, more)
    3. In sequence, dream come true, individual length lines, sequence order...
    4. Performance FX: stutter, repeat, filter... you name it.
    5. And what about Euclidean? It could be done in conjunction with sliding notes on the sequencer, quantised to Euclidian, 1, 2, 3 or more notes appear evenly distributed
    6. Also import a whole kit
  • wow this app looks to be really awesome! one question, can you record a sample directly into a pad, or do all sounds need to be imported?

  • edited September 2019

    @tiantong said:
    Thanks for the video. Looking forward for the release.
    Here a big request:

    1. Sample editing: import a large file and add transients, automatic or not, then distributing this chops between the 16 cells. I would pay IAP for this. Quite often I'm jamming with any other app, a lot of noise comes out that could easily turn into a drum kit. Or a bunch of chords into a chord progression. I could do it with BM? Yes, but I don't have it and for my needs it is overkill.

    And then smaller requests:

    1. In song mode, some kind of "times x" so I don't have to add the same pattern 4 times
    2. In pitch automation, quantise to scale (add a lot of scales, many, more)
    3. In sequence, dream come true, individual length lines, sequence order...
    4. Performance FX: stutter, repeat, filter... you name it.
    5. And what about Euclidean? It could be done in conjunction with sliding notes on the sequencer, quantised to Euclidian, 1, 2, 3 or more notes appear evenly distributed
    6. Also import a whole kit

    +1 ..

  • Yeah, watching the video (which is excellent by the way), one can see how this one is as close to the BM3 sampler in AUv3 form as we've seen to date. That said, those features around chopping and manipulating the samples are so very key to the experience. Very interested in whether @ElliottGarage foresees more development in the sample manipulation section of Pulse or if the vision is to work on other parts of the experience (or perhaps leave it largely as is).

Sign In or Register to comment.