Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• EG Lm1 and Lm2 drumkits added to the additional EG Pulse drumkit page... downloadable for free.
    If you have any .egkit that you'd like to share on the page please send them to [email protected] and I'll upload them :)

• Cool. Thanks 😊👍🏼

• @ElliottGarage said:
    EG Lm1 and Lm2 drumkits added to the additional EG Pulse drumkit page... downloadable for free.
    If you have any .egkit that you'd like to share on the page please send them to [email protected] and I'll upload them :)

Is there a link to the page? I can’t find it on http://www.elliottgarage.com/app/egpulse

• edited April 2020

@Strizbiz top menu->support->additional pulse drumkit
    or http://www.elliottgarage.com/pulse-drumkit

I'm gonna add a link in the Pulse page too :)

• I wonder if there's an easy way to convert BM3 kits to EGPulse kits?

• @auxmux said:
    I wonder if there's an easy way to convert BM3 kits to EGPulse kits?

+1
    I tried to drag and drop from the files app, but I couldn’t move anything out of the BM3 folders.

• Wow! Many thanks!

@ElliottGarage said:
    EG Lm1 and Lm2 drumkits added to the additional EG Pulse drumkit page... downloadable for free.

• edited April 2020

I was able to only do that with the samples.

@ExAsperis99 said:

@auxmux said:

+1
    I tried to drag and drop from the files app, but I couldn’t move anything out of the BM3 folders.

• How does this work? To record the midi in? Thanks!

@RajahP said:
    Doubling Down for MIDI Export (and maybe MIDI import).. but this seems to be the ultimate Midi Drum Editor...
    Recording and Editing these Lumbeat Drum Midi outputs take things to another level.. Probability, etc.

Midi Output will! be fab.

Thanks..

• edited April 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:

@auxmux said:

+1

I have just tried to record 16 drumpads in BM3, export it as audio. Then drag and dropt it from the file folder into EG pulse pad one. Then I sliced up the sample and pressed “assign”. It worked quite well and only took about 5 minutes 😊.
    Thanks to the latest update you can name the slices after assigning them.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    How does this work? To record the midi in? Thanks!

@RajahP said:
    Doubling Down for MIDI Export (and maybe MIDI import).. but this seems to be the ultimate Midi Drum Editor...
    Recording and Editing these Lumbeat Drum Midi outputs take things to another level.. Probability, etc.

Thanks..

Let’s see if this AUM project works..

• Thanks! Works great!

@RajahP said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Thanks! Works great!

@RajahP said:

@Tones4Christ said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Nice..

• Hmm. How do i import the dowloaded kits?
    When i use the files app i get this message.

• @Lorichs said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@auxmux said:

+1

I have just tried to record 16 drumpads in BM3, export it as audio. Then drag and dropt it from the file folder into EG pulse pad one. Then I sliced up the sample and pressed “assign”. It worked quite well and only took about 5 minutes 😊.
    Thanks to the latest update you can name the slices after assigning them.

That sounds like the way to do it. I was hoping you could just drag either the individual samples or (preferably) the whole folder. This kind of organization totally makes me squirrely, but it's clear I could use a sensei on the best practices for stocking up on drumkits. (He or she might start the lesson with the difference between banks and kits!)

• edited April 2020

@ ExAsperis99

Well i won’t call myself “sensei” ( since i can’t figure out how to import at downloaded kit my self 😉 ) but....
    Kits= drum sounds and empty sequencer
    Banks= drum sounds and a programmed sequencer.

• I downloaded using firefox ios and open with EG pulse! Loads the kits automatically.

@Lorichs said:
    Hmm. How do i import the dowloaded kits?
    When i use the files app i get this message.

• @Tones4Christ
    With the help of mr EG himself i got the error tracked down. I tapped on the files in the download folder but they were somehow still in the cloud. Tapping on the cloud and arrow finished the download and the kits could be opened without any problems 😊.
    Thought that there was only downloaded files in the DOWNLOAD folder.... well i was wrong 😆

• Thanks for Pad names / reorder!

Not a glamorous feature but sooooo useful and welcome.

• EG Pulse dragging multiple samples on pad with velocity layers enabled - work in progress

• Awesome! @ElliottGarage Is dragging and reordering pads in works as well? That would be amazingly helpful.

• @auxmux you can already reoder pads (moving up or down) in the pad edit view...currently there's a little bug that causes crash on some kits, but I already fixed it and it will be available in the next update

• @ElliottGarage said:
    EG Pulse dragging multiple samples on pad with velocity layers enabled - work in progress

Very nice, can’t wait for it to be released

• @auxmux said:

In the thread ... NS2 Update: LIVE ON IPHONE NOW... (dont know how to link to another thread) Someone very kindly posted a python script that converts the Kitmaker banks into NanoStudio banks.

(Kitmaker being a batch converter for maschine libraries to BM3 library’s on desktop)

I think it’s called BeatNano and it’s very useful...

If we can find out the file format that EG PULSE banks are saved in ... MAYBE it would be possible for one of the many geniuses on the forum to work some magic in python to do the same for EG PULSE...

Long shot... 😳

• @cretakano said:
    A very good friend made me a script which converts the Kit Maker (https://www.kit-maker.com) Maschine library for BeatMaker to NanoStudio 2 Slate format and keeps the correct pad order!

Download the BeatNano script here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sjxkgru5vhgwxu/BeatNano.zip?dl=0

I've made a short tutorial video for anyone not familiar with Python and using Terminal etc, and how to copy over the library using the WebDAV in NanoStudio. You can also see how smooth browsing the kits in Slate is towards the end. I made this on macOS, but the process is basically the same on Windows.

Instructions:

Download and install Python 3 - https://www.python.org/downloads/
    Duplicate BeatMaker 2 kits folder to another location
    Copy “BeatNano.py” and “Package.slt” files to the duplicate folder
    Open Terminal - type “cd “ and drag the duplicate folder to terminal, press enter
    Run script with “python3 BeatNano.py”
    Copy all library folders to “Instruments/Slate/User” folder using the WebDav in Nanostudio 2 settings, or Airdrop to Files app.
    Enjoy!

• @no1normal eventually I can create a script or a desktop app to create egkit (the bundle format used by pulse). If you write me at [email protected] we can talk about it more

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @no1normal eventually I can create a script or a desktop app to create egkit (the bundle format used by pulse). If you write me at [email protected] we can talk about it more

I took a look at plist/xml that EGKits use. With some Python know-how it should be straightforward to do this. BM3 format is very similar.

Also, Kitmaker now natively supports NanoStudio conversion.

• @ElliottGarage 👁 Do you ever sleep man? 👁

• Multi-drag with velocity layers is looking great!

@ElliottGarage said:
    @no1normal eventually I can create a script or a desktop app to create egkit (the bundle format used by pulse). If you write me at [email protected] we can talk about it more

@auxmux said:
    BM3 format is very similar.

If making a script for converting a BM3 kit to egkit is not too hard then this would make Pulse more of a preferred AU choice for where to put the drums. Perhaps even Pulse could have an option of exporting an egkit in BM3 format?