Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @ElliottGarage this app is getting better and better, but I miss ratchets. Any hope?

• Finally had a chance to sit down and play properly with this app. It’s very slick.

Is there an easy way to swap one pad with another? I rarely want all the sounds in a kit so it’s be nice to move all the ones I do want to the top.

• Having spent a few weeks with this app now, I think it's very close to the MPC style app I've been looking for.
    Very fast workflow and so much fun to use.

That said, @ElliottGarage there are still a few quirks around state saving:

• Master volume is not being saved
    • Pads/Keys toggle is not being saved
    • Pulse will often load with my most recent sessions kit, as opposed to the one that was saved with the project

And a few feature requests for consideration:

• An easy way to move and copy/paste samples across pads
    • The pitch detection is wrong often enough that the visual hint has become more of a hindrance than a help. I think simple +/- semitone buttons might be a better option?
  • Thanks for the feedback @gregsmith and @blakkaz

@blakkaz when the app goes in background it saves its state to reload on next opening...I thiink that's can be useful
    Definetely needs to add fast way to move/copy samples...you can do it now in the sample browser, but it's a little tricky :)

• Black Friday deals

• @ElliottGarage said:
    EG Pulse - Ableton Live Set export & Wave Stems export

Wow, now getting into this export.. Nice..

Maybe Midi Export someday.. Thanks..

• edited November 2019

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread but can Pulse function as a straightforward sampler like 4pockets Chameleon or is it mostly aimed at beatmaking?

• ...and still no Velocity layers. Pass.

• Is Stem/Ableton Export broken (iOS 13.2.3) ... or, Is it me? Only ‘blank’ wave exports..

• @RajahP if you export from the AU3 version, remember to switch the AU host sync off. In the next update (containing velocity layers too @AH_MediaDesigns) this beahviour will be fixed and you don't have to switch it off :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @RajahP if you export from the AU3 version, remember to switch the AU host sync off. In the next update (containing velocity layers too @AH_MediaDesigns) this beahviour will be fixed and you don't have to switch it off :)

Picked this up yesterday and it's looking good, thanks :)

Is there a slick way of changing to a bottom left to top right pad arrangement? Usually I'd just map out my own samples as I like them, but at the moment that leaves everything in a weird place on the grid page.

Sorry if this has been covered downstream, but this thread is unwieldy. I'm pretty set in my ways with drum pads, I've found. Anyway, if that's a possible option, I'd love to see it!

Cheers

• edited November 2019

@ElliottGarage How dow I 'fix' this?!. The Metronome sound is behaving a bit strangely both in stand-alone and AUv3.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1co6w56lnipacc/EGPulseMetronome.MP4?dl=0

Instead of sounding like 1,2,3,4 it's more like 1,1,2,2...

• @Samu very strange. I need to investigate a little

• edited November 2019

@ElliottGarage said:
    @Samu very strange. I need to investigate a little

Thanks, I don't recall it being like this before?!
    I'll do a few reboots of my iPad and see if it recovers or something.
    (After a forcereboot the 'effect' is still there).

I'm on an iPad Air 2, iPadOS13.2.3.

• edited December 2019

@Samu said:
    Instead of sounding like 1,2,3,4 it's more like 1,1,2,2...

I'm having the same issue.

iPad Pro 10.5" (2017), iPadOS 13.2.3

• @Samu and @blakkaz bug found and fixed. I'll include this in the next update :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @Samu and @blakkaz bug found and fixed. I'll include this in the next update :)

Thanks, I thought I was going insane :)

• edited December 2019

@ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks for the feedback @gregsmith and @blakkaz

@blakkaz when the app goes in background it saves its state to reload on next opening...I thiink that's can be useful
    Definetely needs to add fast way to move/copy samples...you can do it now in the sample browser, but it's a little tricky :)

What’s the tricky way? Save the kit then import sample from the current kit?

Something that I can never get my head round - if I import samples and create a kit in an auv3 instance in eg. AUM, then transfer that AUM project to a different device, the pads are empty. Isn’t there a way to make the samples save into the auv3 instance and transfer with the host project? No other apps seem to be able to do this either as far as I can tell so maybe it’s just not possible?

• sorry if this something obvious but I recorded some patterns with a midi controller and had them playing in song mode. When i was playing keys over the top (record off) the recorded melodies started changing pitch. Is this supposed to happen? if so, can I turn it off?

• @gregsmith there's a size limit in the AU3 state saving. Also I'm not sure if saving waves in some binary format is possible inside the host plugin preset.

@Jhnk could you please make a quick screen recording and send it to [email protected]? Thanks

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @gregsmith there's a size limit in the AU3 state saving. Also I'm not sure if saving waves in some binary format is possible inside the host plugin preset.

@Jhnk could you please make a quick screen recording and send it to [email protected]? Thanks

I see, that makes sense. If I just import the wav back to the first pad on the other device, will it keep all that pad’s settings?

Also I would recommend making the save kit bit make more sense. I wanted to save overwriting my kit, so I clicked the disk icon then clicked the name of my kit. This essentially reloaded the kit from when I first saved it, losing about 30 mins of tweaking.

• Hello @ElliottGarage

Any chance to get real time timestretching at some point ? :)
    Thanks !

• @ElliottGarage said:

thanks for the response. I figured it out. The pitch bend on my sensel morph controller is switched on by default. When I turn it off, the behaviour disappears. I’m not sure why it was altering the pitch of the recorded patterns but I will send you a video.

• @crony after velocity layers and other quantization options I'll see what I can do with real time time strechting :)

• edited December 2019

Wishing for import/export midi..

Testing the zip sharing thing..

• Need more FX, compressor must have

• Thanks for the feedback @Turok . I'm adding it to my TODO list :)

• 👍🏼

• And one more thing will be cool - I would reorganize the FX, not the x / y pads but the standard display with knobs. in the form as I don’t understand what makes this or that FX, especially the eq. also having a different set of effects on each pad would be cool. also mute the pads mode as in hardware mps, when you press a pad you mute a sample on this pad, I hope I managed to express myself clearly because English is not my native)))

• edited January 2020

Has anyone else experience problems with the AU on cubasis 3? It doesn't respond to midi clock and it cracks the hoster badly. Could possibly be the "not really beta but' cubasis 3 issue but it's not happening to others AUs that I have.

Anyway I like Pulse a lot although there is some things I would try to change like the robotic not humanized quantization (I know Elliot is working on that to give us the proper sequencer this beast deserves) and (that is only personal taste) the confusing different pages you have to access when changing parameters.

Happy new year 2020 to all.