Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• Impressive, brilliant and awesome!

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @GrimLucky I don't know the workflow in NS2, tried in AUM but in the input slot. Maybe some NanoStudio users can answer better than me but I think NS2 cannot manage MIDI out from AU3

Thanks for replying, that seems to be the case with NS2, I’ve tried loading Pulse as an instrument as well but can’t route the midi to another track.

The new update looks great btw, off to refresh the App Store.

• @Faland said:
    Impressive, brilliant and awesome!

Echooooo..

• I really like the way that you can adjust the bars and have instant timing changes - as opposed to waiting for the loop to cycle.
    Thanks a mill for the stems export !

• @ElliottGarage you are killing it!

• Thanks guys...update is available in the App Store :)

• @ElliottGarage Love the new export options.. thank you!

• If possible, can I request some undo/redo buttons on the side? And a possible zero grid option so I can nudge some stuff?

• @ElliottGarage Yes thanks so much for Ableton Live export that’s gonna be very handy.

• Another super nice update. Thanks!

@ElliottGarage, I’m able to get midi out from the AU when playing pads, but not from the sequencer. Is this coming at some point?

• edited October 2019

Are more quantization options ever going to arrive? As it is now the app has turned into more of a sampler/slicer (which I’m not interested in) and less of a drum machine (which is what I thought I bought). The rhythmic options are so limited compared to what most normal drum machines are capable of that I don’t use it and the grid is too fiddly. This is one app that I wish had a demo.

• edited October 2019

@yowza don’t worry. I’m gonna release another update with velocity layers next and then I’ll work on the quantize options (triplets, no quantize). It just requires some time because I need to rethink some think about my sequencing engine. As you see I’m trying to include all things users requested little by little :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @yowza don’t worry. I’m gonna release another update with velocity layers next and then I’ll work on the quantize options (triplets, no quantize). It just requires some time because I need to rethink some think about my sequencing engine. As you see I’m trying to include all things users requested little by little :)

+1

• @ElliottGarage 🙏 so good. Thanks

• I just made an EG Pulse version of the Prepared EP mobile version. There are 79 samples mapped in 5 kits. Kits for NanoStudio 2 Slate and a soundfont of 67 instruments are also included. Read the documentation for more info.

It sells for $1.99 USD or it is also part of the larger regular computer version.

Download the demo kit of 16 samples here:
    http://www.lesproductionszvon.com/download/iOS/Zvon_PeP_demo.egkit

I will make a new video soon but in the meantime, you can watch one that was made a few years ago on the the Prepared EP mobile version page (at the bottom).

• @ElliottGarage Another great update thanks!

• @ElliottGarage - hey is export meant to also work from AUv3 version? I got a lot blank files 😮

• Thanks @craftycurate !
    @omkmusic yes it should work in AU3 too. Keep me posted if you still have the issue and eventually send me more details at [email protected]

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Thanks @craftycurate !
    @omkmusic yes it should work in AU3 too. Keep me posted if you still have the issue and eventually send me more details at [email protected]

Ok dude. I did try again and it failed again - empty wav files.... this was trying to export from an AUv3 instance inside bm3. I noticed it failed immediately if pattern 4 was highlighted and then I selected 1,2,3 &4. Then I tried again selecting pattern 1 in the app (not the export screen) and I got like a progress wheel thing. But it didn’t seem to want to complete so I closed the dialogue. Then when I played the scene, all the pulse audio was crackling. I’ll try and do a video which might make more sense :-)

Haven’t tried from AUM yet, but will do.....

• edited November 2019

Would I be correct in saying that that time stretching isn't respected when slicing a loop?
    Or am I doing it wrong..?

• @blakkaz you're right, thanks for reporting it...I'm gonna see if I can add the same time strech (and pitch) to sliced parts :)

• @omkmusic found the problem. When hosted as AU3 you need to deselect HOST SYNC before doing the export or the mixdown engine will not work. I'm gonna fix it in the next update, but for the moment simply deselect HOST SYNC manually when you want to export patterns :)

• Dang I want this bad to complete my eg collection!!! I’ll have it in a few weeks... all these posts are so nice!!
    Yes I know the price Is great on it... going thru some tough times and unfortunately any purchases are stored right now at home but I’ll be back!!!

• @ElliottGarage said:
    @omkmusic found the problem. When hosted as AU3 you need to deselect HOST SYNC before doing the export or the mixdown engine will not work. I'm gonna fix it in the next update, but for the moment simply deselect HOST SYNC manually when you want to export patterns :)

😀👍🏻

• I made a new video for the EG Pulse version of the Prepared Electric Piano sample set that I announced on Oct 31st!

This pattern uses 3 instances of EG Pulse and 1 of EGLM1 drum machine hosted in AUM.

• EG Pulse - Ableton Live Set export & Wave Stems export

• Did you already get the free Mellotron kit for EG Pulse?
    https://app.elliottgarage.com/pulse-kits

• Thanks Andrea!

• edited November 2019

@ElliottGarage is it possible to have the pads/keys state saved?

I'm using Pulse to create some old-school sampled pads (to great effect), but currently I have to manually set each instance to 'keys' every time I open a saved project.

Also, a simple way to copy/paste a sample to multiple pads would be greatly appreciated. = )

• coding in progress...