Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

EG Pulse - ElliottGarage new AU3 Drum Machine - available right now on App Store

Comments

• @echoopera just check and it works properly here...can you write me a step-by-step guide to recreate the issue?

• thanks guys!! this is from Spain :)

• edited September 2019

@ElliottGarage said:
    @echoopera just check and it works properly here...can you write me a step-by-step guide to recreate the issue?

Yep. Will record a video. Left out a step. You need to drive Pulse with something like Rozetta Sequencer for the crash to occur.

• Curious before I buy it, Is there an easy way to flip the grid so the kick pattern always starts in the bottom left? For instance, can you add your own drum sounds to a bank it shipped with the hit play and have the patterns triggered in reverse so the kick is hitting bottom left?

I’m guessing I could just make my own bank with patterns and assign midi that way. Then use that as my starting point for each bank I build and “save as” for each new bank?

• @echoopera I user Rozeta XOX and still everything's fine here
    @bounce you can assign your sample to any pad you like

• edited September 2019

Here’s a clip of the crash. When you invoke Delete in the Grid view, the app crashes:

• Thanks @echoopera ... bug found and fixed! An update will come soon, hopefully with some new features too :)

• Great job, @ElliottGarage

Really looking forward to the evolution of this app. And if midi out is not an IAP, I'll pick up Waveshaper. (Which, honestly, how did I miss that before? I'll just grab that and assume midi out is on the way, then!)

• ahah @ExAsperis99 no IAP for MIDI out

• I don’t know if I’m an isolated incident but I’m getting crashes whenever I try and drag and drop samples from files onto the pads directly. Works for the first few pads but inevitably crashes the standalone if I try and build out a full kit. Thanks

• Tim from Discchord just dropped this showing the app in use.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Tim from Discchord just dropped this showing the app in use.

@Jumpercollins said:

Thanks, still on the fence (with both new drum apps) so will give this a spin later, broadband connection permitting.

• @Jumpercollins said:

Nice.. seems ‘pinch to expand’ the grid helps to edit the probability feature..
    Undo would be nice too.. unless I missed it in this deep app..
    Makes you want probability on everything.. Even that ATOM instance playing that baseline.. no more static-ness..
    Amazing App.. Thanks for making EG.

• Undo! Yes. We need undo.

(And thus ends the Gospel of the Only Thing Wrong With Modstep.)

• Undo on what type of operation? Not say on always :D

• Undo, for instance, on my ill-advised "Feel It in the Air Tonight" tom fills. A quick UNDO or REVERT button would save the trouble of going to the grid and poking the offending notes away.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Undo, for instance, on my ill-advised "Feel It in the Air Tonight" tom fills.

• edited September 2019

Has anyone been able to switch patterns using program change? I’m hosting Pulse in AUM with a foot controller connected through an xstation sending pc changes and it’s not working...tested in midi monitor and seems fine there. @ElliottGarage

• No disrespect to the video-maker, but I always want to watch someone who knows what they're doing with an app and why/how and thus can I learn etc.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Undo, for instance, on my ill-advised "Feel It in the Air Tonight" tom fills. A quick UNDO or REVERT button would save the trouble of going to the grid and poking the offending notes away.

+1 Not so worried about my "Feel It in the Air Tonight" tom fills (they are actually quite musical :) ).. I'm more concerned about the Neil Peart 64th note hi-hat accidents that should've been John Bonham 8th notes.. :D

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

No disrespect to the video-maker, but I always want to watch someone who knows what they're doing with an app and why/how and thus can I learn etc.

Yeah I didn’t get a great deal from that. Disappointed with the Discord vid too, hardly seemed to scratch the surface - unusual as his videos are usually more in depth.

Still on the fence with this one, it’ll probably take St. Doug to shift me.

• Why am I loving the pattern length button so much? Surely most other drum apps have this? I love the instant odd turnarounds and quirky jerky odd time beats, from the simplest of patterns, that may spark a new fill, groove or song idea.. fun stuff!

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Undo on what type of operation? Not say on always :D

Seems the Grid and Automation will benefit a lot from undo..

😇

• edited September 2019

Massive first update submitted! Hope Apple will be fast :)

• New effect: Bitcrusher
    • Snap on Automation view (double tap to insert notes on grid)
    • Decimal in tempo edit (double tap on tempo knob to open)
    • Multiple file import with drag&drop
    • Sample editor view can be opened long pressing on a pad
    • Sample editor view

• Retrigger option
      • Time stretching
      • Loop bpm detection and automatic sync to tempo (works with 4 bar loops)
      • Transient detection and audio slice (double tap to insert o remove a transient)
      • Quick sample recording from device Mic (standalone only)
    • Init preset

• Fixed crash on erasing sound hosted as AU3
    • mproved draw performances
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug just posted...the update will include the 'retrigger' option :)

• Great work @ElliottGarage !

Any possibility of adding dotted / triplet option to the roll / quantize function? PS grid-drawing notes that obey the quantization setting is molto divertente!

• wow that's an epic first update :)

• @ElliottGarage said:
    Massive first update submitted! Hope Apple will be fast :)

• New effect: Bitcrusher
    • Snap on Automation view (double tap to insert notes on grid)
    • Decimal in tempo edit (double tap on tempo knob to open)
    • Multiple file import with drag&drop
    • Sample editor view can be opened long pressing on a pad
    • Sample editor view

• Retrigger option
      • Time stretching
      • Loop bpm detection and automatic sync to tempo (works with 4 bar loops)
      • Transient detection and audio slice (double tap to insert o remove a transient)
      • Quick sample recording from device Mic (standalone only)
    • Init preset

• Fixed crash on erasing sound hosted as AU3
    • mproved draw performances

Bravo!