Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Aum VS Audio Bus in ios13

I like to know what changes are expected with these two apps in ios13,
Im new to the ios world, i use traditional studio work flows, tracks with effects on bus channels etc
i only use one midi controller, the AKAI MPDII
a microphone with pres

So i dont use multiple midi gear,
I have tons of plug ins on the ipad, everything available i can find that is decent.
Im not even sure what Audiobus or AUM can do for me here, i will NOT record audio into either of them, i will not use them a DAW as the purpose of using the ipad is to help singers im helping lay vocal tracks using their headphone jacks or ios and mainly one keyboard midi controller to lay out music., this means we need to see the tracks and i dont see any DAW like layouts in Aum or Audio bus, not even sue if i need them at all now, possibly in a live state.

So is there anything new in ios 13 tha can convince me to keep both of them?

Comments

• Use Atom if you want to have midi tracks but no actual DAW.

• @audio_DT said:
    Use Atom if you want to have midi tracks but no actual DAW.

you cant have midi tracks in any daw?

Im using the DAW "Audio Evolution" and i get midi in and out fine

• @GavrielProductions said:
    I like to know what changes are expected with these two apps in ios13,
    Im new to the ios world, i use traditional studio work flows, tracks with effects on bus channels etc
    i only use one midi controller, the AKAI MPDII
    a microphone with pres

So i dont use multiple midi gear,
    I have tons of plug ins on the ipad, everything available i can find that is decent.
    Im not even sure what Audiobus or AUM can do for me here, i will NOT record audio into either of them, i will not use them a DAW as the purpose of using the ipad is to help singers im helping lay vocal tracks using their headphone jacks or ios and mainly one keyboard midi controller to lay out music., this means we need to see the tracks and i dont see any DAW like layouts in Aum or Audio bus, not even sue if i need them at all now, possibly in a live state.

So is there anything new in ios 13 tha can convince me to keep both of them?

not really. ios13 doesn't change the apps, maybe they adapt somewhat in the future....

• @GavrielProductions said:

@audio_DT said:

He meant that you can have midi tracks without using a daw in iOS.

• edited August 2019

AUM + Audiobus is a perfect combination. Both have features that the other does not have and they integrate perfectly with each other.

From the workflow you described above these might not be your cup of tea.

Many people rely on AudioShare (AUM) for managing their recordings and Audiobus for it’s state saving and multi routing magic with certain apps.

Just my opinion, also won’t be touching the new iOS until after the dust settles!

• If you don’t need them,
    well then I guess you don’t need them.

• @ALB said:

@GavrielProductions said:

@audio_DT said:

He meant that you can have midi tracks without using a daw in iOS.

Indeed I did. Thanks.

• edited August 2019

@CracklePot said:
    If you don’t need them,
    well then I guess you don’t need them.

yeah it sounds like i dont....the whole inner app things is been dropped by apple in ios13 from what i see online ( i could be wrong) i have so much going on at the same time i keep taking notes to kep up with all this., then again most people who have a ios 13 have betas.