Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What are you reading? Is it not bad?

Comments

• @ecou said:
    I am currently reading the audiobus forum. Does it count?

Is it good? Yes ! Very good !

I've been waiting for this comment, thank you!! @ecou

• Christopher Hitchens. God is not great. religion poisons everything.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@ecou said:
    I am currently reading the audiobus forum. Does it count?

Is it good? Yes ! Very good !

I've been waiting for this comment, thank you!! @ecou

You are welcome . I am always ready to supply my budget humour. 😂😂

• Rereading...

• Almost done with my second run through of the Wheel Of Time series. Next up is my second run through of the Dune series

• Reading Snakes In Suits by two shrinks... early 2000s... first clinical descriptions of psycho and sociopatholigical actors in the workplace. Describes Trump from the first sentence.

• www.scribd.com is offering free 30 days without credit card

They have many books, audiobooks, and magazines. Magazines include: Future Music, Computer Music, Music Tech, Electronic Musician, various piano and guitar magazines

They also have sheet music, if that is your thing.

• Crash Land by Doug Johnstone
    I’m not an avid reader by any means, but I’m really enjoying it.

Sitting in the departure lounge of Kirkwall Airport, Finn Sullivan just wants to get off Orkney. But then he meets the mysterious and dangerous Maddie Pierce, stepping in to save her from some unwanted attention, and his life is changed forever.
    Set against the brutal, unforgiving landscape of Orkney, CRASH LAND is a psychological thriller steeped in guilt, shame, lust, deception and murder.

• edited March 2020

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind By Noah Harari. It’s very much not bad.

• Just finished listening to Daisy Jones & The Six audiobook. Highly recommended!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40597810-daisy-jones-the-six

• Swamp Man by Donald Goines
    Reread The Jungle Book for the first time since I was a kid.

• What a question!
    Of course, Audiobus Forum!

• I'm rereading 'The Outsider' by Camus. Like most books I loved in my teenage years, I find it doesn't grab me as much now as it did then, though it holds up over time better for me than most of Hermann Hesse's output.

The best thing I read recently was the 'Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky' trilogy by Patrick Hamilton. He was a very famous and critically adored English writer in the 30s but fell into obscurity somewhat. Amazing writer, this is one of my favourite books ever now, particularly the first book in the trilogy (all three books are collected in the one book now under the name above, by the way, no need for separate purchases).

Hamilton drank 3 bottles of whisky a day near the end of his (needless to say, short) life. He's one of the best writers on the topic of bars, booze and alcoholism. Hangover Square is another great read.

• Corpus Hermetica
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermetica

Yes its good, as it tells many truths :)

• Shogun. Always seen it here and there since I was a little kid, finally got curious enough to try it. Great book.

• The Time Machine by HG Wells

Wow pre 1900 ... bang on. Don’t dismiss it ‘cos it’s old. You will be too soon.

• Mr. Fox by Helen Oyeyemi. One goal for this year has been to explore modern authors instead of shamelessly sticking to the literary classics. This book is the first truly great one that I’ve read so far. It’s like an adult fairy tale that teeters between adulthood/childhood, madness/dreaminess perfectly. Very funny and absurd as well.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Just finished listening to Daisy Jones & The Six audiobook. Highly recommended!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40597810-daisy-jones-the-six

Another book I read in my quest. Entertaining, but it felt like a lite, author’s view of a 70s band compared to the real deals like the Fleetwood Mac or Motley Crue biographies. Not nearly enough band inbreeding and drugs B)

• edited May 2020

https://www.goodreads.com/series/40461 epic books.. best sci-fi i've ever read

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    That sounds great!! @slowmotionblues

Noticed some Sun Ra related books in your stacks @Paul16 must research those! Love his job application form, NASA really messed up there!

That’s so cool. I was fortunate to catch Sun Ra’s big band live three or four times. It was always fantastic.

• S.T.P by Robert Greenfield. I have not read it since stealing it from the library as a lad. The Rolling Stones touring America in 1972. It’s good.

• The wikipedia main page today...

PS. Giggity.

• Copendium, by Julian Cope. A massive run through the more obscure musical releases. Though it’s a bit chewy, so I might sidetrack soon towards ‘Two Margarines’ by John Shuttleworth, that I had for Fathers Day.

• edited February 2021

Remain In Love by Chris Frantz.
    Makes a nice companion piece to Byrne’s How Music Works.
    Read Kim Gordon’s Girl In A Band last week. It was also very good.

• edited February 2021

I am a Strange Loop by Douglas Hofstadter.

To my shame I have never read his earlier GEB (Godel, Escher, Bach). I tend to blame this on the fact you can't buy it on Kindle.

(...and I've been listening to John Cooper Clarke reading his autobiography 'I wanna be yours' on Audible)

• edited February 2021

This is a physical representation of my recent holiday app purchases.> @Paul16 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Jerusalem (the full volume), by Alan Moore. It’s going to take a while.

somewhat embarrassingly still have it sat unbegun, hiding in tier two of the bedside reading towers 😚

despite having a long time big admiration for AM’s stuff since 2000AD era D.R. & Quinch, Swamp Thing, etc, etc, I’ve rarely found his purely written output to be as enjoyable, Voice In The Fire something of a trawl for me & that was waaaay shorter

Brian Catling’s Vorrh trilogy is worth checking out

• Just finished Mark Russell’s
    Exit Stage Left: The Snagglepuss Chronicles.
    I don’t consume many graphic novels, but this one is fantastic. Everyone’s favorite purple mountain lion as Tennessee Williams caught up in the Red Scare of the 1950’s.
    It’s like Hanna-Barbera meets James Ellroy.

Have just started Amanda Sewell’s recent biography of Wendy Carlos. Even though it was written without the cooperation of Carlos, it is meticulously researched and sourced.

• An impossibly optimistic, practically utopian vision of the future. Most of the story is in Neo-Venezia, a recreation of Venice on planet Aqua, which was known as Mars before a massive ice melt that created oceans.