Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New track - more synthesized singing, pseudorandom bass IN SPACE

My twelfth track made using only or nearly only iOs apps, in just a few weeks short of the year. It really is a great platform, especially with this forum and the people in it.

For this, the starting point is a pseudorandom bassline generated by having a Rozeta XoX triggering a Baseline with notes generated within a scale. This XoX drives the drums too, making the bass and drums synch up nicely. The middle parts are the same thing, but with the Baseline on autoplay, which I thought made a nice contrast.

Over this I added three voices of synthesized singing using Speak Unit and iVoxel, timestretching the parts in Auria to fit, some arpeggios/bleeps, and some samples grabbed from the control room of the Apollo 11 mission.

Apps used:

Bass: Rozeta XOX & Baseline, Troublemaker, Filterstation 2

Drums: Rozeta XOX, Ruismaker FM, Ruismaker Noir

Beep lead: Atom, Troublemaker, Tiger Lily Tremolo

Pad: Atom, Rozeta Arp, Zeeon, Dubstation 2, 4pockets Shimmer

Arps: Atom, Rozeta Arp, Phosphor2, Troublemaker plus FuzzPlus3

Singing: Speak Unit, iVoxel, Atom, stretching in Auria

Samples: Beat Time, Twisted Wave, Brusfri, stretching and chopping in Auria

Plumbing: AUM, Audiobus, Audioshare

Mixing and editing : FAC Maxima and Auria, which crashed and ate the entire thing shortly after I made the mixdown above, which I guess means that its finished.