Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPads Models for Music STICKY

I’ve noticed people asking re different models of iPad and how they are for making music, crackles Etc as there is so much variation it’s difficult to keep track. Would it be worth creating a sticky with a list of iPads and a summary for each compiled from people’s experiences? I would find it very helpful

Comments

• Seems definitely worthwhile.
    I’d be glad to contribute to the list as I discover glitches and we could come back and add fixes/workarounds as we find them.
    Good idea @wingwizard.

• I would see this more of a wiki than a sticky. There is already a lot of content buried in the forum, even some tests with users contributing their results.

An updated model comparison would be great, and if someone is inclined to create a thread for it, gather data, then put in on the Wiki for reference, i think thats the way to go. The wiki could be updated whenever new models are released and tested.

The tricky part is that it is difficult to get everyone to follow the exact testing parameters. iOS versions seem to change things, headphones or external DAC, sample rates, a lot of factors that affect performance and its easy to mess it up.

• @wingwizard said:

This sounds like something that should be in the wiki -- that way the community can be it updated.

Such an article could be made sticky by adding it to the front page.

• edited August 2019

That sounds great. I’m just not familiar enough with the forum and didn’t know about the wiki - I Slope in on the odd morning to check out new apps

• edited August 2019

I’m so glad my 2018 iPad Pro hasn’t been plagued with any audio issues like the disastrous first month or so I had with 2017 Pro. I hadn’t even planned on upgrading anywhere near as soon, but started experiencing some major screen lock up issues lately that I could never resolve on the 2017 - though it’s somewhat improved now that I freed up over 100gb of storage.

Just a couple weeks in and so far ‘18 Pro has been ideal .. not really missing headphone jack as all my audio interfaces work like a charm and can hardly notice the battery dropping any faster with Komplete Audio 6 hooked up.

• edited August 2019

@wingwizard said:
    I’ve noticed people asking re different models of iPad and how they are for making music, crackles Etc as there is so much variation it’s difficult to keep track. Would it be worth creating a sticky with a list of iPads and a summary for each compiled from people’s experiences? I would find it very helpful

In an iPad sticky thread like suggested I would like to see also examples for full tracks (SoundCloud?) with a detailing Production description.
    What iPad model was used, how many tracks, which daw, apps and fx used and so on.

These information and a listenable music can give us an idea what the specific iPad can do.
    I think this would be better than pure benchmarks and a lot of Text only... 😎