Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Time for something new.

I’m looking for a new iPad.
Can’t make up my mind, looking at either a Pro 10.5”, or an Air (2019). Besides music work, I will do some hobby drawing/gfx work, and man the ProMotion 120fps are really tempting. Off to the store soon to compare different sizes etc. If you guys have any tips/considerations to share, that would make my day.
Is the 10.5 fast enough for future use, or should I be aiming at the 2019 cpus (recent pros) instead? Any insights help. Big thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2019

SimRed. Have 2017 iPad Pro 10.5” and fast enough for any IOS app/ combination of apps. High res make very smooth to view. Storage of 256gb still have over 130gb free. Many apps. Many .wav samples. Also have keyboard case (EC Tech, not Apple) that make iPad like low end laptop. Also, 2017 model has headphone jack, not USB.

• I have a 10.5 iPad Pro with the A11 and an iPhone XR with the A12. In my experience the A11 is better for music, my iPhone XR crackles like mad when playing the Ravenscroft piano but the iPad Pro doesn't (same latency etc).

The phone is also annoyingly fussy with sample rates, the iPad Pro 10.5 just works.

I think there is something broken with the A12 CPU, probably the throttling. And the sample rate business is just plain annoying.

• Totally recommend.

• Recommend what? :) The Air or the 10.5 pro?

@LinearLineman said:
    Totally recommend.

• Haha, sorry! The Pro2.

• I have the 12.9 and 10.5 Pro second generation and I’m happy with both of them.
    I’m also happy that I could resist to buy one of the 2018 Pro models...