Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beat Maker 3 Experience + Praise+Sampling Journey

Comments

• edited September 2019

It seems that some iPads don't encounter crashes and bugs, but on on some models it's a major problem. I can't use it on my iPad 2017.. too unstable. Last bug I had was that the midi input channel setting for banks didn't get saved with the project.... I think that's important for new users to know..

• edited September 2019

@tk32 said:
    @mistkerl

Please don't troll a positive thread with this kind of thing.

Your screenshot clearly shows you are loading an autosaved project. These are often created just before users force quit the app, so I'm really not surprised they occasionally corrupt.

In fact, many experienced bm3 users have often suggested that the autosave system is removed entirely for this very reason - because it gives some users a false sense of security.

If you'd like help and guidance about good bm3 project housekeeping that will help you avoid project corruption, please come visit the Intua forum and post your issue.

Posting it here in this thread is just attention seeking.

no, im not looking for attention like that, but I see your point, so ill take it down.

btw, this thread right here is really a refreshing one. I like when people praise their favorite apps, its very inspiring.

• edited September 2019

Yeah. This thread is about how BM3+Sampling and making beats on iOS can inspire us all.

It’s about growing our knowledge.

I really don’t want things in here about crashes, complaints and other tear downs.

If you want to complain and gripe about this missing thing, that missing thing, please do it on another thread.

My hope for this thread is to learn from others how to get better at sampling and beat making on the iOS platform.

Please stay on topic and thanks for understanding.

Thank you. 🙏🏼💕

• edited September 2019

@Samflash3 said:
    Do you do the initial slice in reslice, then do major edits in Beatmaker 3? Also, where do you store your sample banks? I initially thought of importing all of them to Beatmaker 3 but that seems like a daunting task.

Right now I’m auditioning samples in ReSlice and then clean up the markers and export the individual slices. I tend to keep my samples in AudioShare...wish i was better organized though.

I may change this based on some of the feedback on this thread.

• I’ve been learning some great stuff from Accurate Beats. He uses the Maschine and Force for a lot of his workflow...but what he’s doing definitely applies to BM3.

Check him out:

• Really enjoying the app. I am sitting by the lake on the dock with a blunt and my ipad pro making beat after beat, sending them out to my artists while enjoying the holiday. This is great.

• It would be great if some of you BM3 users might consider getting a Beatmaker 3 tips and tricks and links page going on the wiki.

It would be a great place to grow and share the wisdom that helps people get the most of what seems like a great app for some applications.

If you need help, let me know:

https://wiki.audiob.us

• edited September 2019

@echoopera said:
    I’ve been learning some great stuff from Accurate Beats. He uses the Maschine and Force for a lot of his workflow...but what he’s doing definitely applies to BM3.

Check him out:

Nice, so inspiring.. the beauty with iOS (and in this case, BM3) is that, we have so many tools available on the iPad to enhance the creative process.. Those Lumbeat Apps come to mind here.. iBassist and Future Drummer would ‘Mash it up’...

Thanks.. off to the lab..

• @echoopera said:
    I’ve been learning some great stuff from Accurate Beats. He uses the Maschine and Force for a lot of his workflow...but what he’s doing definitely applies to BM3.

Check him out:

Wow. Great techniques here. Inspiring.

• @robertreynolds said:

@echoopera said:

Check him out:

This makes me want to upgrade my Maschine MKII but think I'll commit to using Beatmaker + Reslice for similar approach.

• @auxmux said:

@robertreynolds said:

@echoopera said:

Check him out:

This makes me want to upgrade my Maschine MKII but think I'll commit to using Beatmaker + Reslice for similar approach.

I’m in the same situation with my mikro. I’m going to do the same and try to apply these techniques in the same way you’re thinking.

• lol I just discovered using audio tracks to record loops from banks and au. Every time I dig into the app it becomes more and more useful, even with its shortcomings.

• @robertreynolds said:

@echoopera said:

Check him out:

I hope everything turns out ok for him, sounds like he’s in for a rough ride with his upcoming surgery. (He’s uploaded a video or two explaining his predicament).

My dad went through something very similar. The NHS were incredible. Brings it all back.

Best wishes Accurate. Stay strong.

• edited September 2019

Think I’ll just drop this Troublemaker Bank here.. as I dig deep into BM3.. I think the transpose to ‘Scales’’ and Key is genius.. Don’t think I have ever seen this in any other DAW.. IOS or Desktop.. Hands on Automation ... nice..

https://dropbox.com/s/ww8xwokaphkrned/Jam%20Down%20Bass%20%28RajahP%29.bmk3?dl=0

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2019

Had a ton of fun today using the OP-Z to sequence a few instances of ReSlice inside of AUM.

Applying what I'm learning to some new ways of doing things on the iPad. Here's a little groove to share:

We truly have some great apps on iOS to express ourselves these days.

• edited September 2019

Tasking the little box of magical beats to do its thing:

Used Aparillo and 3 instances of ReSlice in AUM being sequenced by the ZED 🙏🏼

Just wanted to get a little lost in fuzziness and echoes tonight 👊🏼™️I wish i could play electric guitar. 🤔

• @echoopera said:
    Had a ton of fun today using the OP-Z to sequence a few instances of ReSlice inside of AUM.

Applying what I'm learning to some new ways of doing things on the iPad. Here's a little groove to share:

We truly have some great apps on iOS to express ourselves these days.

Loving this!!! 🔥

• edited September 2019

So I just happened upon a nice little workflow discovery using ReSlice.

Here's the formula for enjoyable happy accidents.

. Load ReSlice in Stand Alone Mode.
    . Connect your sequencer of choice to ReSlice

• I generally use my OP-Z for this, but you could use AB/AUM and a nice BramBos Rozeta sequencer
      . Create a little 16 step sequence...try and use non repeating notes, or just randomize the sequence
      . Now start loading up some choice melodic samples into ReSlice
      . When you hear something which strikes a chord with your inner Producer, save it as a Preset

• When I find something I like, I mess with the start/stop slices and play around with adding more or less Slices to the sample
      . The great thing about this is that you can quickly amass a nice healthy lib of patches which you will like when wanting to make something a little different, or a little left of center than your typical workflow
      . You can then export your Slices from ReSlice to import into your favorite Drum Machine.

Here's a quick video showing the basic process...I show everything except the exporting of Slices, but that can be accessed via the Share icon to the right of the File Save field in ReSlice:

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need more instruction on what's going on.

Thanks!

• Love reslice, one of my favorites on ios.

• edited September 2019

Really have to put some time into Reslice.. wish it was simple and effective as BM3’s Sampler is to me.. Slice to loop is revolutionary.. someone needs to hurry and bring it to AUv3.. I’ll pay a premium price for it.. Heard Key detection is coming to BM3’s Sampler... sweet..

Never thought one little horn loop could have so many ‘variations’ in slice to pads.. Makes me want to sell off those expensive Horn Libraries I have on desktop and just buy quality loops to slice..

• edited September 2019

Yep. Love the Slice to Pads feature in BM3 a lot. I just found this little workflow in ReSlice to be fun and easy to do in order to test out what might sound good for being used as a sliced up sample. I consider it a sort of auditioning phase when organizing samples and such...but I’m rather new to this whole world, so i am sure there are better and more efficient ways of working.

• Echoopera, thank you for all brilliant ideas!

• Very generous with the videos, @echoopera. My first reaction was "but you could do that in BM3 without Reslice." But then I watched the videos. And while it's true that you could do what you are doing entirely in BM3 I realized that it doesn't matter. That is, sometimes the tools influence the creative experience in a way that is unique and that's what is happening in your technique video. This is what is so valuable about iOS musicking in the end--if I hit a rut I break out of it by opening an app that I haven't used in a while and it almost always presents a new path to where I'm going. Watching your video showed me the same thing!

• Cool. Glad you all saw the value in the clip. It’s just something i realized and wanted to share with my iOS family. We have so many great tools on iOS and i love the fluidity they offer when making noise. 👊🏼™️

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    ....if I hit a rut I break out of it by opening an app that I haven't used in a while and it almost always presents a new path to where I'm going....

Exactly. AND this is also how I justify the vast stack of apps waiting patiently off stage for the call :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    ....if I hit a rut I break out of it by opening an app that I haven't used in a while and it almost always presents a new path to where I'm going....

Exactly. AND this is also how I justify the vast stack of apps waiting patiently off stage for the call :)

Every good bench player prepares to win the game if they are called into action.

• Welp, i really think Elliott Garage has created something magickal in EG Pulse. The app is letting me play and groove how i feel and all in AUM. It’s a bloody brilliant app which everyone should get and abuse the heck out of.

This is a game changer app on iOS if you ask me.

Here’s a little groove from a jam session this evening...

• edited October 2019

Keeping busy. Learning more each day and applying that knowledge to one of my all time favorite apps:

• @echoopera - thanks a million for pointing us to EG Pulse.
    oh my dog...